Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2018 Grand Cherokee Laredo 4X4
Just got it on a 2.5” rough country
suspension lift today, not the spacer kit.
10 wide hostile typhoon wheels
265/55/20 Nitto Recon Grapplers

Wheel Automotive parking light Car Automotive side marker light Vehicle
Wheel Car Tire Land vehicle Vehicle
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Car
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive side marker light

let me know what you all think of the build, more to come

·
Registered
115 Posts
Side profile looks good, nice size tires. The wheels poke out a little too far for my likings on the JGC, but to each his own. I had 20x12 -44 on my 18 Silverado, and they beat my paint to death. Food for thought, just be aware that you will have rock chips in places you never thought possible before.

·
Registered
2020 Trailhawk
49 Posts
bolt on muds flap, i like the stance it looks like its ready to climb a mountain

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Makes me regret i didnt get 20's honestly. But i frequently drive on deep sand and wanted the best sidewall for the job. View attachment 237020
The Recon Grapplers have a pretty decent sidewall for the size tire they are. Haven’t seen much about them. But with a 55k mile warranty for an AT tire. I couldn’t pass it up. Mostly just do trail riding, so didnt need anything crazy aggressive wanted to maintain the on road manner as well

·
Registered
11 Posts
The Recon Grapplers have a pretty decent sidewall for the size tire they are. Haven’t seen much about them. But with a 55k mile warranty for an AT tire. I couldn’t pass it up. Mostly just do trail riding, so didnt need anything crazy aggressive wanted to maintain the on road manner as well
I just meant keeping a 275/65R18 would give me more grip and a larger footprint aired 12-15psi

·
Registered
20 Posts
2018 Grand Cherokee Laredo 4X4
Just got it on a 2.5” rough country
suspension lift today, not the spacer kit.
10 wide hostile typhoon wheels
265/55/20 Nitto Recon Grapplers

View attachment 236999 View attachment 237000 View attachment 237001 View attachment 237002

let me know what you all think of the build, more to come
Nice setup! I plan to do the RC suspension lift as well at some point along with getting bigger tires and black rims. Keep us posted on the RC lift if you have issues.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Nice setup! I plan to do the RC suspension lift as well at some point along with getting bigger tires and black rims. Keep us posted on the RC lift if you have issues.
I’ve been having issues with what I believe to be the sway bar hitting something on the passenger side when I go through dips. I’m at the point where I’ll wait for something to break and then atleast I’ll know what it is. Every shop around me won’t diagnose it because it’s made by Rough Country. Just FYI.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I’ve been having issues with what I believe to be the sway bar hitting something on the passenger side when I go through dips. I’m at the point where I’ll wait for something to break and then atleast I’ll know what it is. Every shop around me won’t diagnose it because it’s made by Rough Country. Just FYI.
Did you install the kit yourself?

·
Registered
115 Posts
I did…twice. I’m a former ASE certified mechanic, and I know my way around vehicles fairly well. This lift had me scratching my head on so many occasions.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I did…twice. I’m a former ASE certified mechanic, and I know my way around vehicles fairly well. This lift had me scratching my head on so many occasions.
The shop I used had done multiple of these lifts, they had trouble with the spacer kit from rough country, but the full suspension kit seemed to be a decently easy job. I’m no mechanic by any means. But hopefully it lasts, seems to be pretty solid so far. Don’t do much hard-core off-roading. Mostly just trails. Nothing to serious

1 - 12 of 12 Posts