Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2018 25k miles 8.4 radio screen is delaminatiing. Called FCA this morning and was told to go the Dealership to fill a out of warranty claim. At the Dealership I was told that they are having major issues with the radio screen, a claim was filled out, figuring this would be a battle… I was call 20 minutes later, they ordered me a brand new radio for free!! Hard to believe, Thank You Safford Jeep and FCA. Couldn’t be more happier.

· Registered
1,319 Posts
2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee out of regular warranty, 14k miles. Delaminating and causing safety issues while driving. I was guided to Corporate to get help. Help!
The thread below has links on where to buy the parts to fix it as well as a video (last page) on how to do it.

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee out of regular warranty, 14k miles. Delaminating and causing safety issues while driving. I was guided to Corporate to get help. Help!
Hey, read my thread. I called FCA yesterday morning then went to the Dealership. They know of the issue and I think are trying to fix it. Mine was 2018 bought in July with 24900. Out of warranty. The service manager knew about this (GHOST BUTTON) mine was changing channels and seat heaters turned on without notice. SAFTEY ISSUE in my book. I also filed a complaint with the NTSB.

· Registered
2,587 Posts
Hey, read my thread. I called FCA yesterday morning then went to the Dealership. They know of the issue and I think are trying to fix it. Mine was 2018 bought in July with 24900. Out of warranty. The service manager knew about this (GHOST BUTTON) mine was changing channels and seat heaters turned on without notice. SAFTEY ISSUE in my book. I also filed a complaint with the NTSB.
Hi there,

If either of you would like additional support alongside your dealer visit to get these concerns addressed, please send our team a private message so we can look into it for you!

Thanks,

Courtney
Jeep Cares

· Registered
5,395 Posts
...... I also filed a complaint with the NTSB.
Excellent!
I'd hope everyone who has had this problem and especially had to pay out of pocket for a new Uconnect radio files a complaint with the NTSB.
Can't believe this safety issue has been going on for 3 years without a recall from FCA.

Do you or anyone else have a link or other information on how to file the complaint?

· Registered
3 Posts
i have a 2018 gc that has had 3 radio for different problems having another problem with radio that was replaced in april the sound starts to crackle then shuts off the jeep logo comes on also radio presets will not stay my 3/36 expires next month maybe i will get another radio before my warranty expires

· Registered
2 Posts
Hi there,

If either of you would like additional support alongside your dealer visit to get these concerns addressed, please send our team a private message so we can look into it for you!

Thanks,

Courtney
Jeep Cares
YES. I was stonewalled at my dealer- out of warranty. I would like Jeep to replace this defective part at Jeep's expense. How do we get started?
Jim Grigg

· Registered
2,587 Posts
i have a 2018 gc that has had 3 radio for different problems having another problem with radio that was replaced in april the sound starts to crackle then shuts off the jeep logo comes on also radio presets will not stay my 3/36 expires next month maybe i will get another radio before my warranty expires
Sorry to hear that! If you'd like us to look into this concerns to see if there are any applicable TSB's, feel free to send us a private message!

YES. I was stonewalled at my dealer- out of warranty. I would like Jeep to replace this defective part at Jeep's expense. How do we get started?
Jim Grigg
Just send us a private message with your VIN and any supporting information so we can take a deeper look into it for you.

Thanks,

Courtney
Jeep Cares

· Registered
2018 Grand Cherokee Limited
122 Posts
Did it work out in your favor? Mine is out of warranty by 6 months and only has 22k miles
Was told it’s gotta be outta pocket
If I want it fixed.
I would push Jeep to replace it at their expense. There are so many complaints about these screens delaminating. When I purchased my Jeep used they replaced it for free (what I think is Jeep/FCA probably covered the cost and reimbursed the dealership). But if you can’t get them to replace it do a search for Uconnect screen replacement.

· Registered
461 Posts
I had the problem with my '18. It was six months out of warranty, dealer was very nice, explained it was out of warranty, but gave me a number to call (Chrysler Cares). Chrysler Cares took my info and called a day later to let me know it would be covered under the "good will" policy. Dealer ordered the radio and replaced it at no charge a week later. Be courteous to those you speak to and they will try to help.

· Registered
2018 Grand Cherokee Limited
122 Posts
I don’t work for FCA or Jeep but if I were the manager or executive in charge of purchasing I might find a way to have the manufacture of these Uconnect units comp FCA for replacements.

· Registered
2 Posts
I had the problem with my '18. It was six months out of warranty, dealer was very nice, explained it was out of warranty, but gave me a number to call (Chrysler Cares). Chrysler Cares took my info and called a day later to let me know it would be covered under the "good will" policy. Dealer ordered the radio and replaced it at no charge a week later. Be courteous to those you speak to and they will try to help.
Got a number for the jeep cares? Calling FCA customer service and acting very friendly got me no where.

· Registered
1 Posts
Hi, I've been having the same problems and now it's gone crazy. The map is jumping all over the place and it's scrolling through my phone contacts, switching calls off and a host of other crazy stuff! I bought the Jeep new in 2018 and now have 73K miles, what can I do?

· Registered
5 Posts
2018 25k miles 8.4 radio screen is delaminatiing. Called FCA this morning and was told to go the Dealership to fill a out of warranty claim. At the Dealership I was told that they are having major issues with the radio screen, a claim was filled out, figuring this would be a battle… I was call 20 minutes later, they ordered me a brand new radio for free!! Hard to believe, Thank You Safford Jeep and FCA. Couldn’t be more happier.
They wouldn't help me.. I had the same problem. Because I wasn't the original owner, they don't care my screen is de laminating. They wouldn't even have a supervisor call me back.

· Registered
5 Posts
Hi, I've been having the same problems and now it's gone crazy. The map is jumping all over the place and it's scrolling through my phone contacts, switching calls off and a host of other crazy stuff! I bought the Jeep new in 2018 and now have 73K miles, what can I do?
Yes, I have the same problem. Jeep wouldn't help me. Bought the Jeep with 31000 miles on it but the 3 years was up already. Even though it is a known issue, they wouldn't cover it. Really sad when it is a $1000.00 to replace.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts