Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
21 - 40 of 42 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
If everybody would take the time to report it to NHTSA as safety concerns (which it is) they'll hopefully look into it and a possible recall could come of it. Report a Safety Problem | NHTSA
Complaining on here isn't going to get you anywhere. ;)
I just sent them an email. Thanks! I noticed on the NHTSA that most complaints are electrical and 90% are about the Screen not working after 3 years.

· Registered
5 Posts
I had the problem with my '18. It was six months out of warranty, dealer was very nice, explained it was out of warranty, but gave me a number to call (Chrysler Cares). Chrysler Cares took my info and called a day later to let me know it would be covered under the "good will" policy. Dealer ordered the radio and replaced it at no charge a week later. Be courteous to those you speak to and they will try to help.
If your not the original Owner, they won't do anything for you. I asked for a Supervisor to call me back and they stonewalled me. Called them 5 times. One lady hung up on me. Great Customer Service after you spend $36,000 for a car 3 months ago.

· Registered
Jeep GC Overland
42 Posts
I have been driving my daughter's 2019 Jeep Cherokee Overland and I noticed that the screen was delaminating on the lower third of the screen. We bought the Jeep new and it now has over 70000 which I thought this would be a problem. I called FCA night before last and they told me to take it to the dealer and get paperwork started. I took it to my dealer yesterday morning. I have a great relationship with them and they wrote it up and said I had a great chance of getting it replaced. FCA called me back yesterday afternoon less than 18 hours after I filed the complaint and she told me she would call my dealer and approved the new radio. This is a major shoutout to Jeep and how quickly they handled this problem. The senior advisor told me yesterday that the customer's attitude goes a long way it getting problem taken care of. So to all of you who are having problems, BE NICE.

· Registered
1 Posts
Hi there,

If either of you would like additional support alongside your dealer visit to get these concerns addressed, please send our team a private message so we can look into it for you!

Thanks,

Courtney
Jeep Cares
Hey Jeep Cares, my 2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee (bought new) started developing the delaminating touch screen before the warranty expired but at the time it was only a small area and did not effect performance. Of course, it progressed and now the screen is completely useless. Any chance Jeep can help me out?

· Registered
2,587 Posts
Hey Jeep Cares, my 2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee (bought new) started developing the delaminating touch screen before the warranty expired but at the time it was only a small area and did not effect performance. Of course, it progressed and now the screen is completely useless. Any chance Jeep can help me out?
Hi Charles Blakely,

We're happy to look into this for you. We'll send a message to you shortly to discuss further.

Steph
Jeep Cares

· Registered
523 Posts
I had my 8.4 Nav in my 2017 Challenger replaced, the GPS died, had maxcare take care of it, but curious what the delamination looks like. also do these tend to happen in Jeeps in hot climates or cold climates??

Edit, I see a pic in one of the other threads, sounds like common issue, especially on 2018s for what ever reason

· Registered
2 Posts
Same issue and horrible dealership experience!!! I have a 125000 mile warranty that we purchased we we bought our 2018 grand Cherokee brand new. So disappointed in how I am being treated not only by the dealership but by Jeep in general. This is My 6th jeep and never had any issues until now. Sadly I think based on this situation no more jeeps for us. Horrible horrible customer service so far even with a warranty that they say can’t be used 🤬🤬

· Registered
1,319 Posts
Same issue and horrible dealership experience!!! I have a 125000 mile warranty that we purchased we we bought our 2018 grand Cherokee brand new. So disappointed in how I am being treated not only by the dealership but by Jeep in general. This is My 6th jeep and never had any issues until now. Sadly I think based on this situation no more jeeps for us. Horrible horrible customer service so far even with a warranty that they say can’t be used 🤬🤬
Why does the dealer say your 125,000 mile warranty cannot be used for this screen delaminating problem? Also, is it a Mopar MaxCare warranty or something else?

· Registered
1,319 Posts
They say it’s not covered. It is a Chrysler warranty and I am getting no help from them either. So frustrated
I'd press the issue with them if I were you. It is not a cosmetic defect or a normal wear and tear part like brake pads, it is a factory radio with a broken screen. Maybe try a different dealer for a second opinion if there is one available.

· Registered
2,587 Posts
Hi Bad screen,

You can certainly send us a private message with your VIN, or case number, and we can check this out for you.

Steph
Jeep Cares

Reactions: Turbozcs2003

· Registered
1 Posts
Hi there, If either of you would like additional support alongside your dealer visit to get these concerns addressed, please send our team a private message so we can look into it for you! Thanks, Courtney Jeep Cares
I am also having these issues with the “Ghost Button”/delamination. I feel trapped in that I cannot trust my 2018 Jeep Cherokee to go anywhere. This glitch has caused several problems: the radio volume suddenly went to its highest setting, startling me and causing me to swerve repeatedly until I could turn the radio off. The navigation system shows my vehicle going into a lake when I am on the main road. I cannot trust it to tell me where I need to go!!! The music jumps from station to station and flips to different media as well. It also sets it’s owns stations. I am simply not safe in this vehicle!!!!! I could kill or be killed because of the fright I get when the radio blares!!!!!

· Registered
2,587 Posts
I am also having these issues with the “Ghost Button”/delamination. I feel trapped in that I cannot trust my 2018 Jeep Cherokee to go anywhere. This glitch has caused several problems: the radio volume suddenly went to its highest setting, startling me and causing me to swerve repeatedly until I could turn the radio off. The navigation system shows my vehicle going into a lake when I am on the main road. I cannot trust it to tell me where I need to go!!! The music jumps from station to station and flips to different media as well. It also sets it’s owns stations. I am simply not safe in this vehicle!!!!! I could kill or be killed because of the fright I get when the radio blares!!!!!
Hi becquiscroggs,

Please contact us at 877-426-5337 and we'd be happy to take a further look into this for you!

Steph
Jeep Cares

Reactions: Turbozcs2003

· Registered
80 Posts
Had mine replaced back in August (I own an 18 Limited) With the advice of the moderator here, I bought a MaxCare warranty, that fully covered the cost of this issue. That being said, Jeep should be fixing this known issue gratis.

· Registered
1 Posts
Just started having this issue in my 2018 Trailhawk. As I was using apple car play for the nav, it kept switching to the radio and changing channels and asking to reset the time. After having to pull over because i almost got in an accident trying to stop it, I realized it was phantom clicking all across the top of the screen.

At first I thought it was a software glitch, and reset the system by disconnecting my battery which didn't help, and then thought i had cracked the screen, because of the line where it has started delaminating which was discovered after taking a close look (and seeing if this was a recurring issue)

Jeep Cares - Because this is already 2 years out of warranty, is there a chance that it could be replaced for free? As this JUST started happening, I have not had a chance yet to bring it to a dealership to assess it (and do not want to pay for a diagnosis when i know the issue).

· Registered
2,587 Posts
Just started having this issue in my 2018 Trailhawk. As I was using apple car play for the nav, it kept switching to the radio and changing channels and asking to reset the time. After having to pull over because i almost got in an accident trying to stop it, I realized it was phantom clicking all across the top of the screen.

At first I thought it was a software glitch, and reset the system by disconnecting my battery which didn't help, and then thought i had cracked the screen, because of the line where it has started delaminating which was discovered after taking a close look (and seeing if this was a recurring issue)

Jeep Cares - Because this is already 2 years out of warranty, is there a chance that it could be replaced for free? As this JUST started happening, I have not had a chance yet to bring it to a dealership to assess it (and do not want to pay for a diagnosis when i know the issue).
Hi Grinch2k,

Please feel welcome to contact us at 877-426-5337 and we'd be happy to check for available options for you.

Steph
Jeep Cares

· Registered
3 Posts
Long story short. I have 54K on Jeep GC Summit. Delaminating radio, got nowhere with dealers or Uconnect. Called Stellantis, got a great guy, Matt, took care of everything. New radio installed at dealer, no charge. Hopefully this is a nice turnaround for Chrysler. I will probably buy another Jeep now. This one was 68K.

· Registered
2,587 Posts
Long story short. I have 54K on Jeep GC Summit. Delaminating radio, got nowhere with dealers or Uconnect. Called Stellantis, got a great guy, Matt, took care of everything. New radio installed at dealer, no charge. Hopefully this is a nice turnaround for Chrysler. I will probably buy another Jeep now. This one was 68K.
We're glad to hear, JayRob! If there's any additional assistance you need, feel welcome to PM us anytime to discuss further.

Steph
Jeep Cares

21 - 40 of 42 Posts