Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have this Jeep and I want to put a set of JBL Stadium 6x9 separates in the door. Crutchfield says they don't fit, but they are only slightly deeper than the Memphis PRX690's that I have in there right now. What are the deepest speakers that will fit?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Since I used to work in the 12volt industry, I decided to follow my own thinking and sound tastes. Crutchfield said that the JBL Stadium components wouldn't fit, but I didn't think that was correct. I went ahead and had them installed. For good measure, I added the JBL G20 Midrange to the system, using a speaker pod from customspeakerpods.com. The system is nice! I have it running off of a Rockford Fosgate amp and it sounds awesome. The factory Alpine system was really lacking in high-end definition. Glad I took a risk!
Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Automotive mirror Automotive design

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just for laughs, I replaced that factory subwoofer with a custom enclosure with an AudioMobile sub. The sub is running off of a JL JD500 amp. This system is ridiculous!
Hood Car Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design

·
Registered
97 XJ,99Mustang GT C
484 Posts
This should be in the WK 2 subforums as its good info for WK2 owners. Not in WK sub forum 2005-2010.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts