Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

261 - 280 of 1068 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,851 Posts
Well that one's definitely worth thinking about. (I'm glad it wasn't available on the Limited so I didn't have to make the decision.)

·
Registered
2020 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
210 Posts
I've been emailing back and forth with a dealer here in CT today and was told they don't have any residuals or rates from any banks yet for leasing for 2018 so they couldn't give any quotes. Anyone run into this issue?

I just wanted to post this again since I know sometimes posts get lost between pages :D

·
Premium Member
1,851 Posts
Then you should probably hike down to the dealer and listen for yourself, or if you liked the system in your Limited well enough, let it go as the new system will be the same.

·
Registered
288 Posts
How good is the HK sound system. I am on the fence, I'm going from a 2017 Limited, so wasn't an option then, and I thought the sound system on the limited was already pretty great.

IMO, the HK system was worth the price. I personally love it in my 17 Overland.

·
Premium Member
2017 Summit
8,840 Posts
How good is the HK sound system. I am on the fence, I'm going from a 2017 Limited, so wasn't an option then, and I thought the sound system on the limited was already pretty great.
I had the standard radio in my '14 Overland and was happy with it. I now have the HK system and think it is quite an improvement. Running to the store etc., I usually listen to the radio. On the road I switch to the music on an SD card. So I am listening to the same source now as I did with the standard system. What I listen to is Country, Classical, and Classic Rock.

The first, and most obvious difference, is the way the bass remains clear no matter what the volume. But what is more impressive to me is that I now hear high notes that I never heard before while driving. I am far, very far from being an audiophile. So when I hear an instrument that I never noticed before, particularly when listening to classical, it makes me smile.

--

·
Registered
55 Posts
Milous - Do you have or know of any pics of the new '18 HA? I've seen the Youtube video taken at night and you can't tell much from it. My dealer says a few HA's will be landing at his dealership by end of August, but would love to see some pics before then. Thanks!

·
Administrator
9,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #271
Milous - Do you have or know of any pics of the new '18 HA? I've seen the Youtube video taken at night and you can't tell much from it. My dealer says a few HA's will be landing at his dealership by end of August, but would love to see some pics before then. Thanks!
I have not seen any images of the 2018 models, the advance copy of the 9/1 press release I saw featured only 2017 images. More than likely you will see them on dealer lots before Jeep releases any photos.

·
Registered
Overland
123 Posts
When will there be a build page for 2018's? Is there (will there be) one like last year where we changed the web address from 2016 to 2017?

·
Premium Member
1,851 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,851 Posts
Whoa! And here's me thinking I might have jinxed myself with my snarky comment about the inspector being on vacation...

·
Registered
103 Posts
Placed my order today, when placing the order the dealer got a notification that the exact same vehicle/specs was already in D1 status, but I passed as I didn't want anything early off the line and Stericycle will move mine up front anyway.

Definitely excited to go from a 17 Limited to a 18 Overland.

·
Registered
2018 GC Summit 4x4
1,554 Posts
Placed my order today, when placing the order the dealer got a notification that the exact same vehicle/specs was already in D1 status, but I passed as I didn't want anything early off the line and Stericycle will move mine up front anyway.

Definitely excited to go from a 17 Limited to a 18 Overland.
I wouldnt be concerned about anything coming off the line. Between the date that started production and the date yours does there are not going to be any updates or changes. So if you want a 18 quicker, then go for it. If youre patient then wait it out.

Either way, congrats on the order! Youll love the Overland.

·
Registered
2018 GC Summit 4x4
1,554 Posts
I just checked the build tracker and it shows a ship date of my vehicle for 8/14. It only went to D1 on 8/4.

Are they really built that quickly? If the ship date is accurate, when could I realistically expect for it to be at the dealership?

261 - 280 of 1068 Posts