Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to purchase a used 2018 jeep GC limited with 41,000 miles on it and want to get an extended warranty. I'm buying it through Drivers Select in Grapevine, Texas but don't want to get the warranty they offer through ally (read too many horrible reviews on their process). Plan on driving the car until it dies... hopefully get another 100k miles out of it.

Any suggestions on who to go through for an extended warranty?

·
Registered
788 Posts
Agree with Drax - bought my factory MaxCare Lifetime from Ziegler at much lower price than my local dealer. Unfortunately Lifetime is no longer available but definitely go with the FCA backed plan.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Is 8 years 125,000 miles the longest Maximum Care plan that you can now buy from FCA.

·
Premium Member
1,935 Posts
Can you get Maxcare on a vehicle with more than 36k miles?

·
Registered
151 Posts
Do what you want, but I don’t buy vehicles which I think will require an extended warranty. 125,000 miles is not that many anymore. My 2012 GC had no non-recall issues within those number of miles and minimal issues so far at 150,000 miles.

·
Registered
788 Posts
The integrated electronics on the 2014+ models and air suspension repair costs make an extended service plan worth considering for those who plan on keeping their vehicles for a long time.

·
Registered
375 Posts
The integrated electronics on the 2014+ models and air suspension repair costs make an extended service plan worth considering for those who plan on keeping their vehicles for a long time.
Exactly ! I don't put a lot of miles on my vehicles but usually keep them 8 to 10 years. I bought the 8 year/60,000 Max Care for my '19 GC Limited and just yesterday I bought the same plan for my 2020 Ram Laramie 2500 4x4. $1010 for the 8/60 with $200 deductible and that is cheap insurance if the 12" uConnect radio or one of more computer modules blow. My wife's '14 GC Limited has the Max Care Lifetime and I sure hate they quit offering it. I bought the one for my '19 GC from my dealer based on a quote I got from Zeigler. I bought the one for my Ram from Zeigler for about $300 cheaper when someone told me to use the code "paidinfull". Wish I had know that when I bought the one for my GC.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I'm going to purchase a used 2018 jeep GC limited with 41,000 miles on it and want to get an extended warranty. I'm buying it through Drivers Select in Grapevine, Texas but don't want to get the warranty they offer through ally (read too many horrible reviews on their process). Plan on driving the car until it dies... hopefully get another 100k miles out of it.

I got mine thru alley.. have the same one on a Acura and it’s good.. Acura headlights like to get condensation and I had them replaced at the dealership no questions ask

·
Super Moderator
8,703 Posts
My recommendation..."just say no to third party". Manufacturer extended service contracts tied to the VIN tend not to have claims issues and Mopar's Maximum Care plans cover everything except a few very specifically called out exceptions.

Reactions: CJohnson

·
Registered
2 Posts

Get the extended warranty through Mopar. They will send someone out and look it over. It will be a bit more and you can make Payments. So worth it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts