Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

First time jeep owner, and just picked up a 2018 4x4 Jeep Grand Cherokee Altitude.

This is going to sound rediculous, but my manual under the maintenance section only talks about the tires.. it doesn't mention fuel, servicing miles etc.

First, what type of fuel does this car take? I opened the fuel door and there ils no gas cap, so it doesn't have an octane rating listed.

Second, does this car tell you oil life percent? How often is an oil change needed, and can I put full synthetic in this car eventually? Will this void warranty? Can I change the oil myself or will that void warranty..?

Finally, these suede seats, will water on them ruin them? Or do they have some sort of protection.

These questions are probably blatantly obvious to some, but I've been driving a Chevy Cobalt... where the mfg warranty was up a long time ago, and i do all my own maintanence on, and don't care if i spill water/coffee on the seat; so I have a lot to learn with my new Jeep ?

·
Super Moderator
9,938 Posts
The information you seek is in the manual. If you didn't get one with your vehicle, you can download it from Jeep.

87 octane fuel.

Yes, the vehicle will provide oil life information, but your maintenance schedule for oil changes is 10,000 miles, 1 year or when the vehicle tells you to change it, whichever comes first.

Vehicle seats tend to have sealers already integral. Simple water should do much damage, but like anything, if you spill, clean it up immediately for best results.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I just got a new Altitude, too, my second Grand Cherokee. The UConnect app is useful if you can get it to work, to indicate oil life, remote start and lock, etc... It also gives you tire pressures, mileage and fuel level, from your phone!
Ben

·
Registered
2018 GC Summit 4x4
1,555 Posts
Also, you can see your oil life in the dashboard display. Use the up/down arrows on the left side of the steering wheel to scroll through the different options and the left/right arrows to check out different information.

I believe there will be a little icon of the Jeep and thats where all your vehicle information is (tire pressure, oil life, etc).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts