Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Hello...Newbie to the forum and in need of asking a question...I've had a 2016 GC Altitude, a 2018 GC High Altitude...and now a 2023 GC Limited. In all three, the center control screen has failed numerous times. 2016 was replaced 2 times, 2018 was replaced 3 times and as of today, my 2023 is failing. What is happening with the quality of Jeeps ...??? Ho win the world have I been the lucky recipient of not 1 or 2, but now 3 GC's with the exact same issues across all 3. My dealer has ordered a new screen, but I have zero faith in the brand now.

What does anyone recommend in order to get this SUV back to the dealer and move on from the Grand Cherokees? This is ridiculous that 3 over the years have the same failure.

Help? Appreciate any advice.
Thank you !

· Registered
2,587 Posts
We also have a 2018 GC with the same exact issues.
Hello ecd052104,

You may not be able to send private messages just yet until you interact and post more on the forum. However, you can certainly give us a call at 877-426-5337 to discuss further.

Steph
Jeep Cares

I also have a 2018 Grand Cherokee with a delaminating screen causing the radio to bounce between presets and asking if I want to reset the clock. Any successful solutions?
Hi GMJeep,

This may be the case for you as well. However, you can give a call at 877-426-5337 if you wish to have us a take further look into this.

Steph
Jeep Cares

· Registered
3 Posts
Have the same issue. Noticed the delamination awhile ago but figured it was just consmetic no big deal. Now a year later the radio goes insane to the point we cant even use it. Called Jeep and they basically said sorry not sorry. It is a known issue on a number of vehicles but specifically on 2018 Grand Cherokees... why is there no recall on this, especially when the screen interface is used for ALOT of other components besides radio such as heat/ac, heated seats and steeringwheel. Ridiculous that Jeep does not offer any help on this replacement!

· Registered
3 Posts
Dealership quoted me $2,145 to change radio, couldn't get an answer why they couldn't just do the screen. Got an updated screen (SL)(2) for just under $300 (included shipping) and put in myself today. not saying it wasn't nerve wracking but considering the difference in cost well worth the butterflies
Any chance you have a link for the screen or tutorial on how to do the replacement?

· Registered
2,587 Posts
Same exact issue! Screens is delaminating also!! Very frustrating!
Hello sutter114loren,

Our team is happy to look further into this for you. Please contact us at 877-426-5337 so we can review your vehicle information.

Steph
Jeep Cares

21 - 30 of 30 Posts