Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own a 2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited with 53k miles. I live in Texas, and about 2 weeks ago (during our first cool spell), it would not start. I was able to jump start it and took it to NTB. They said the battery was good. Later that day, I tried to start it again and it would not start.

I jumped it again and took it to Auto Zone. They told me that the battery was good. When they checked my alternator, they said the voltage was low but the diodes were good.

I then took it to a mechanic (Christian Brothers), and they told me 100% the battery was bad. $500 later, I had a new AGM battery. I had no problems for about 1.5 weeks. Then today, I noticed the remote start was not working. I was still able to start it using the push start and drove it to and from work. Later this evening, I tried to start it again and it did not start.

I’ve already replace the battery on the key fob, and that did not do the trick. Also, I tried jumping it with the wife’s car for about 20 minutes and still could not start it. Does anyone have any idea what the issue could be?

· Registered
31 Posts
I had something similar, turned out to be bad starter in my case, get the starter checked

· Registered
2,587 Posts
I own a 2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited with 53k miles. I live in Texas, and about 2 weeks ago (during our first cool spell), it would not start. I was able to jump start it and took it to NTB. They said the battery was good. Later that day, I tried to start it again and it would not start.

I jumped it again and took it to Auto Zone. They told me that the battery was good. When they checked my alternator, they said the voltage was low but the diodes were good.

I then took it to a mechanic (Christian Brothers), and they told me 100% the battery was bad. $500 later, I had a new AGM battery. I had no problems for about 1.5 weeks. Then today, I noticed the remote start was not working. I was still able to start it using the push start and drove it to and from work. Later this evening, I tried to start it again and it did not start.

I’ve already replace the battery on the key fob, and that did not do the trick. Also, I tried jumping it with the wife’s car for about 20 minutes and still could not start it. Does anyone have any idea what the issue could be?
Hello, mrobichaux77. If you don't find the answers you're looking for from the other forum members, we would suggest a dealership visit. If you need some extra support while there, send our team a private message or call 877-426-5337.

Kate
Jeep Cares

1 - 4 of 4 Posts