Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

21 - 40 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
I like the trailhawk. But what drove me away from it were the appearance features, ie only a black interior, the hood decal, and the lack of hk stereo availability. I was convinced i was going to get an optioned up tan interior overland with ora2. Instead I didn’t really like the shade of tan, and fell in live with a tricolor ivory summit with jeep brown interior. I lose the 18” wheel on factory (though i can buy those), the easy access tow hitch, front tow hooks, and a less off road friendly fascia. I wasn’t going to do much off roading anyways, but it was really the inside appearance that differentiated all the midels to me.

·
Registered
332 Posts
The TH is the package that interests me in a GC again. Chrome is awful IMO. I like the fact that I can get leather seats with the upgraded lights which are essential. For me a V-6 TH with rock rails and luxury package is the perfect combo of looks and capability. I may not get a TH, but its the only package that would entice me back to a GC.

·
Registered
Trailhawk
146 Posts
The Trailhawk is was drew me into even considering a GC. As someone who's built his old XJ Cherokee into a rock crawler, there's a certain feeling that you know you can go just about anywhere in it.
When I did the long research looking for a new car, the Trailhawk had everything I wanted. With the Lux and safety pkgs along with heavy duty towing and the Hemi it was hard to resist. Now, add the offroad ability; The skids, the ORII package, a genuine low range t-case I feel almost the same way about my TH as I do my XJ.
I won't do the rock crawling I did in XJ with my TH. It's my daily driver. But, with it's sharp looks, aggressive face, lack of chrome it makes me smile when I walk up to it and get behind the wheel. It encompasses what a Grand Cherokee should be to me, luxurious, powerful and capable.

·
Registered
332 Posts
The Trailhawk is was drew me into even considering a GC. As someone who's built his old XJ Cherokee into a rock crawler, there's a certain feeling that you know you can go just about anywhere in it.
When I did the long research looking for a new car, the Trailhawk had everything I wanted. With the Lux and safety pkgs along with heavy duty towing and the Hemi it was hard to resist. Now, add the offroad ability; The skids, the ORII package, a genuine low range t-case I feel almost the same way about my TH as I do my XJ.
I won't do the rock crawling I did in XJ with my TH. It's my daily driver. But, with it's sharp looks, aggressive face, lack of chrome it makes me smile when I walk up to it and get behind the wheel. It encompasses what a Grand Cherokee should be to me, luxurious, powerful and capable.
Love the TrailHawk in white.

·
Registered
18 WK2 Trailhawk
488 Posts
The TH is the package that interests me in a GC again. Chrome is awful IMO. I like the fact that I can get leather seats with the upgraded lights which are essential. For me a V-6 TH with rock rails and luxury package is the perfect combo of looks and capability. I may not get a TH, but its the only package that would entice me back to a GC.
These were many of my thoughts when I traded my JKUR Hard Rock for the WK2 Trailhawk. Seats and the option of the rock rails are the two big differences.

·
Registered
Diesel Jetta
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #26

·
Premium Member
1,850 Posts
That's the sub for the Alpine "9-speaker" system, which is available on just about anything except maybe a base Laredo. The further upgrade to the HK system is what you can't get on anything below an Overland.

·
Registered
18 WK2 Trailhawk
488 Posts
for those saying the stereo system upgrade isn't available it seems this one here has it as you can see the sub in the back?
https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?listingId=477370913&hideBackLink=true&Log=0

also how do these dealers come up with pricing? when i look nation wide i have about a $11,000 spread in the price, some are right at MSRP while others up to 11k under it...... i don't get it
like the one linked above.. "asking $41,522 .......MSRP $52,970"
The best audio in the Trailhawk is the Alpine system, the upgrade everyone is referring to is the Harmon Kardon system only available in the Overland trims and higher, I believe......

And the pricing is dependent on how bad the dealer wanted to sell vehicles or how long stock has been sitting, new model year vehicles arriving etc.....

·
Registered
Diesel Jetta
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
dammit why can't they just give people all the options hahahah.

besides i doubt i would be able to tell the difference between the 2 so long as i have the sub.

as for pricing they really have that much wiggle room? like about CT dealers always say "ok no way can we do that, 42k is below our pricing" but you go out west or where ever else and the prices go waaaaay down. i know they are a business so by no means am i complaining just really interested to understand how this shit works lol

·
Registered
18 WK2 Trailhawk
488 Posts
dammit why can't they just give people all the options hahahah.

besides i doubt i would be able to tell the difference between the 2 so long as i have the sub.

as for pricing they really have that much wiggle room? like about CT dealers always say "ok no way can we do that, 42k is below our pricing" but you go out west or where ever else and the prices go waaaaay down. i know they are a business so by no means am i complaining just really interested to understand how this shit works lol
No one really does, geographic locations and dealer profit blah blah....all comes down to finding what you want and what your happy/willing to pay. Getting close to end of the model year production for a lot of vehicles, in preparation of the MY19 models they will sell their current inventory cheaper so they can clear out the inventory. Generally everyone wants the newest/best I guess....:D

·
Registered
Diesel Jetta
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
No one really does, geographic locations and dealer profit blah blah....all comes down to finding what you want and what your happy/willing to pay. Getting close to end of the model year production for a lot of vehicles, in preparation of the MY19 models they will sell their current inventory cheaper so they can clear out the inventory. Generally everyone wants the newest/best I guess....:D
hahah thats kinda what i figured, like airline prices or medical costs, they just seem to pick out of a hat, start high and just hope you get an ass for every seat, then towards the end just lower it till it sells. make out good ripping off a few asses then lose a little on 1 towards the end but still make bank in the end.

·
Super Moderator
8,318 Posts
Well...if you'd like something akin to about the best price you can get, take advantage of the Jeep Gararge group buy from Koons. Get a price from Craig (see the dedicated forum area for contact information), order exactly what you want and when it arrives in 4-6 weeks, book a one-way choo-choo ride to DC and take the Metro out to the station near the dealership. They will even pick you up there. Do the paperwork dance and drive home.

·
Registered
Diesel Jetta
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #33 (Edited)
Well...if you'd like something akin to about the best price you can get, take advantage of the Jeep Gararge group buy from Koons. Get a price from Craig (see the dedicated forum area for contact information), order exactly what you want and when it arrives in 4-6 weeks, book a one-way choo-choo ride to DC and take the Metro out to the station near the dealership. They will even pick you up there. Do the paperwork dance and drive home.
does he have a thread there, i don't see one, i'd like to talk to him about one, also like to see if he can get Ram trucks as well

ETA.... found it in the vendor section

·
Premium Member
2018 Grand Cherokee Overland 5.7l Hemi
56 Posts
I looked at the Trailhawk before ordering an Overland with ORAII & HK Sound. Just didn't care for the black area on the hood, the black interior, and a few other minor things. Out here in the dry, dusty, sunny southwest, black interiors can be painful.

·
Registered
396 Posts
I looked at the Trailhawk before ordering an Overland with ORAII & HK Sound. Just didn't care for the black area on the hood, the black interior, and a few other minor things. Out here in the dry, dusty, sunny southwest, black interiors can be painful.
I'm assuming and hoping that hood decal comes off without too much effort? Looking to upgrade my '14 Limited to a '18 TH, but also don't care for the hood decal.

·
Premium Member
1,850 Posts
This old man does too. I just replaced the black tow hooks on my Limited with Overland chrome hooks. Makes me happy just to look at it.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
MY red tow hooks stick how like a sore thumb on my otherwise muted Trailhawk so I'm still deciding whether I want to go black instead.

I remember when I bought my 2014 Limited I didn't like the cutout area for where the tow hooks would go, so I made the dealer put some in before I took delivery.

·
Premium Member
1,850 Posts
MY red tow hooks stick how like a sore thumb on my otherwise muted Trailhawk so I'm still deciding whether I want to go black instead.

I remember when I bought my 2014 Limited I didn't like the cutout area for where the tow hooks would go, so I made the dealer put some in before I took delivery.
If you do decide to go black, mine are available and in good shape, and it's a fairly easy swap.

Although, when I picked mine up from Koons they quoted me over $400 labor for the swap, and that was on top of the almost $300 they wanted for the chrome hooks.

Heck I think I paid $220 or something close to it for the chrome hooks at Just for Jeeps, but my labor was free. Well it actually ended up costing me a six pack for the neighbor's kid who wandered over and said "Whatcha doin'?" and then did the whole job for me.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
If you do decide to go black, mine are available and in good shape, and it's a fairly easy swap.

Although, when I picked mine up from Koons they quoted me over $400 labor for the swap, and that was on top of the almost $300 they wanted for the chrome hooks.

Heck I think I paid $220 or something close to it for the chrome hooks at Just for Jeeps, but my labor was free. Well it actually ended up costing me a six pack for the neighbor's kid who wandered over and said "Whatcha doin'?" and then did the whole job for me.
Thanks, I'll let you know if i decide to go to the black. Dealerships are really ridiculous with their pricing and that's a great story about the neighbors kid.

When I had my 2014 Limited I toyed around with putting the RRO leveling kit on, not only would the dealership not do it, they didn't even know what it was. Meanwhile RRO states a large portion of their sales are to dealerships.

21 - 40 of 46 Posts