Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Just wanted to say thank you for the discussion/comparison in this thread. I just got a Trailhawk to replace a 2015 GC SRT. I like the body color door handles and less chrome appearance of Trailhawk. Wish the sideview mirrors were body color too, but the grey is OK. We had the hood decal removed. I was concerned about the red stitching and "Trailhawk" on the interior, but it is pretty subtle. Also, as has been discussed in other threads, if you want the air suspension and Off Road II Package stuff from dealer inventory without waiting, a Trailhawk is the quick and easy choice -- there are few if any Overlands or Limiteds with Off Road II Package in inventory.

·
Super Moderator
8,499 Posts
if you want the air suspension and Off Road II Package stuff from dealer inventory without waiting, a Trailhawk is the quick and easy choice -- there are few if any Overlands or Limiteds with Off Road II Package in inventory.
Overland 4x4 has QuadraLift standard.

·
Registered
476 Posts
But not the ORII stuff like he mentioned. Trailhawk is the only Grand Cherokee that comes with all the off-road stuff standard. Personally, I got it mostly for the seats. My 2015 Overland seats were too flat and not bolstered enough for me. The Trailhawk seats are very similar to the Trackhawk seats, much more supportive.

·
Registered
18 WK2 Trailhawk
504 Posts
Another thing to remember is you can get an Overland in 2wd, the Trailhawks are 4wd only. So make sure your looking at a 4wd Overland. Slightly different but a buddy was looking at a great deal on a KL Cherokee asked me to look at it, it was a great price.......because it was 2wd. He almost bought it for his wife thinking it was 4wd....

·
Registered
2018 WK2 Overland
8 Posts
I was faced with this same decision in late 2017. I knew I wanted: 5.7L, QTII, QL. I went with the Overland, and added the QTII and 5.7L. I knew I wanted a tri-coat white exterior and at the time, I couldn't get past the look of that black hood decal on a white vehicle, even though I guess I could have removed it. I also kinda liked the idea of 20" wheels, and that wasn't an option on the Trailhawk. My Overland is essentially the same setup as a Trailhawk, but with 20" wheels. I recently upgraded my 20" wheels with 275/55 AT tires, and it looks fantastic. With that upgrade, I feel like I got the best of both worlds.

If I had to do it all over again today, I'd do either the Green or the Sting Gray Trailhawk and add the 5.7. I just love those colors and the decal looks great on them.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Great thread, it deserved resurrection. Just sold my '18 loaded Granite TH V8 and bought a '20 loaded Power Wagon. The TH did everything I asked it to but the need to put stuff in the box and pull a bigger trailer forced the switch. I can't believe the off-road Ram doesn't get Off-road Pages, shift paddles and crawl control (it's got hill descent but not crawl control) but anyway, I digress, at least it's clearly not "just an appearance package". :sneaky:

·
Registered
27 Posts
i just got a '20 Overland. i went that route so i could get the HK sound. my other choice was def the Trailhawk. after listening to the HK for a week, i am not really blown away by it. i think the Alpine in my '17 GC Limited was almost as good. i'll live with my choice for now, but am looking forward to seeing the WL and if a TH trim will be offered.

·
Registered
GC TH
342 Posts
I went with the TH b/c I liked the dark badging & trim better, plus the SRT seats. I was looking at a JL Rubi, but went this route due to overall comfort, the cooled seats, and the dual memory driver setup. I would have preferred 17” wheels for more sidewall, but I’m happy with the 18’s and how light they are.

My suggestion to those looking for direction would be to sit in and drive both.

41 - 50 of 50 Posts