Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a drive to the store I started my GC and neither the radio or 8.4" display came on. Everything else was working, dash display and hvac controls. Just a dead display screen and no radio. Tried turning off/on, the radio power/tune dual button press reset, screen off button, accessing the radio from the steering, and nothing worked. Came home, let it sit and restarted with the same problem. Blank display and no radio. Not sure about the radio fuse, but the amplifier #71 fuse was fine. 2018 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk 5.7.
Any suggestions before I take it to the dealer?

·
Registered
230 Posts
Aaannd now it's working. :screwy: Wondering if I should keep my appt. now?
Yes by all means. Electrical glitches like that happen for a reason....something must be amiss...
Although Im sure they will tell you they didnt find anything.... ;)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes by all means. Electrical glitches like that happen for a reason....something must be amiss...
Although Im sure they will tell you they didnt find anything.... ;)

Yep, fully expecting the, "Couldn't reproduce the problem" response. Then have it happen a couple days later, rinse and repeat, lol.

·
Registered
544 Posts
I had my GPS freeze up while driving and would not reset then screen went blank. Got home, turned it off and car sat for aboutn10 min. Started it up and everything went back to normal. Only happened the one time.

·
Registered
1 Posts
After a drive to the store I started my GC and neither the radio or 8.4" display came on. Everything else was working, dash display and hvac controls. Just a dead display screen and no radio. Tried turning off/on, the radio power/tune dual button press reset, screen off button, accessing the radio from the steering, and nothing worked. Came home, let it sit and restarted with the same problem. Blank display and no radio. Not sure about the radio fuse, but the amplifier #71 fuse was fine. 2018 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk 5.7.
I have a 2019 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk and after I had to jump the car the media Display went dead and did not turn On anymore : no radio, clima etc controls . .. .. my problem could came from a burned fuse so obviously i checked all the fuses from the main fuse box and all were fine ... looking carefully online i found out that there is another 20A fuse specially for Radio, located by the battery underneath passengers seat that it’s not even listed in the car book..wtf?!!,.. I’ve changed it and everything was fine after. My problem wasn’t from a software glitch .. was from a hidden fuse that 98% of online community didn’t seem to know about..

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
We're sorry to hear that you are experiencing this concern. If you would like any additional assistance, our team is always available via private message!

Alison
JeepCares

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee, the radio / audio display is stuck on JEEP and I can't control any of the controls. Anyone have any suggestions. Calling the Garage tomorrow.(Monday)

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee, the radio / audio display is stuck on JEEP and I can't control any of the controls. Anyone have any suggestions. Calling the Garage tomorrow.(Monday)
I am having the same issues currently and am seeking answers as well.

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
I am having the same issues currently and am seeking answers as well.
Hi, I'm so sorry to hear this. Are you currently having concerns with your vehicle? Please feel free to send us a private message. I would be happy to help!

Alison
JeepCares

·
Registered
1 Posts
We're sorry to hear that you are experiencing this concern. If you would like any additional assistance, our team is always available via private message!

Alison
JeepCares

I am experiencing the same....
Tried the hard reset with the volume and browse buttons - no luck.
looked at the fuse under the hood - it’s not blown. Any other ideas to try???
TIA
Tracy

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
TIA
Tracy
Please send us a private message. I would be happy to look into this for you!

Alison
JeepCares

·
Registered
69 Posts
IS anyone having the issue of GPS showing you in a completely different state. With the SXM radio saying no signal contact dealer

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
IS anyone having the issue of GPS showing you in a completely different state. With the SXM radio saying no signal contact dealer

Alison
JeepCares

·
Registered
1 Posts
TIA
Tracy
What solution did you find! I just bought a GC Saturday and it did this on Sunday!

·
Registered
464 Posts
What solution did you find! I just bought a GC Saturday and it did this on Sunday!
Welcome to the Forum, from Cave Creek AZ.

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
Hi, I'm sorry to hear this. Please let me know if you plan on visiting a dealership for this concern. I would be happy to open a case for you.

Alison
JeepCares

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have a 2019 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk and after I had to jump the car the media Display went dead and did not turn On anymore : no radio, clima etc controls . .. .. my problem could came from a burned fuse so obviously i checked all the fuses from the main fuse box and all were fine ... looking carefully online i found out that there is another 20A fuse specially for Radio, located by the battery underneath passengers seat that it’s not even listed in the car book..wtf?!!,.. I’ve changed it and everything was fine after. My problem wasn’t from a software glitch .. was from a hidden fuse that 98% of online community didn’t seem to know about..
Really a hidden fuse where by battery I had my gc in the shop cleaning it. The tube for over flow In case of leak was off so put it back on but didn’t see anything for fuses

1 - 20 of 21 Posts