Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello- I was sitting in my car while it was running and all of the sudden all of the warning indicators were flashing, lights flickering, couldn't roll up windows, engine stopped but it wouldn't shut down completely. It just kept flickering and beeping and flashing every warning sign there is on the dash. The LCD screen went black. It's a 2018 Grand Cherokee Summit 3.6l 4x4. This is happening currently to my vehicle. It's 5am my time and they don't want to tow it to the dealership until it opens so I'm sitting here freaking out. Has anything like this happened to anyone? It won't shift into Neutral, or shift at all.

·
Registered
2020 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit 3.6L 4x2
2,255 Posts
Check your battery first.....especially if it is the original.

Reactions: larrywal

·
Registered
2018 Grand Cherokee Limited
117 Posts
Check your battery first.....especially if it is the original.
Agree! These GC’s, like most hi tech vehicles today, are very sensitive to battery power. I wish the GC’s were like Window computers that could be rebooted when they start acting up. Maybe the manufacturers could consider that in the future.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The car wouldn't shut off. Ignition was on but the engine wasn't running during all the chaos. The battery died before the tow truck came. Then we tried jump starting it. It wouldn't start. He revved up his engine more and we waited, still, wouldn't start.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok. It's at the dealership now. Hopefully they check the battery 1st. I've had decent experiences at Jeep dealerships in regards to them not completely gouging my wallet (unlike Land Rover. I owned a Range Rover Sport Supercharged before the Jeep). It's under warranty still so that's good as well.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.