Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Also wondering. My map is from the 4th Quarter 2016. I also have a 2018 JGC Overland.

·
Registered
2014 Grand Cherokee
1,120 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Grand Cherokee
1,120 Posts
The HERE site you posted indicates that there is a 2019 update for the 2014-2018 models which will begin shipping on December 2.
I just looked closer and it has the same part number as the update I bought in 2018, so that December 2 could be December 2, 2018. I'm going to email them to verify.

Reactions: jacko15

·
Premium Member
3,336 Posts
The part number now showing at the HERE site for my MY'14 GC 8.4AN is U3562-0060-909NAM. The part number of the map update I bought Oct. 12th 2018 was U3562-0060-809NAM. That's a slightly different part number. I wonder if it's really an update. That would be a record time for a new update since I've owned my GC. It's usually two years or more for an update. It will be interesting to find out for sure!

·
Registered
2014 Grand Cherokee
1,120 Posts
I just looked closer and it has the same part number as the update I bought in 2018, so that December 2 could be December 2, 2018. I'm going to email them to verify.
Went back and you are correct. Since I went on eye drops for intraocular pressure, I have trouble reading small print and that 8 looked an awful lot like a 9.

Guess I'll drop 1-1/2 Cnotes and get it since I've got a long trip planned at Christmas time.

Thanks for hitting me in the back of the head. I needed that.

·
Premium Member
3,336 Posts
Guess I'll drop 1-1/2 Cnotes and get it since I've got a long trip planned at Christmas time.
Let us know how the update pans out for you. The last update had some adverse effects on my navs responsiveness. When I make a turn it takes longer for the map to catch up to my actual direction. Not a real problem most of the time, but can be a pain if there's another quick turn, or especially problematic on round-a-bouts. Seems like the poi's also shrunk a little. I will also update if it seems worth it, even if the data is still a little older. Good luck!

·
Registered
2014 Grand Cherokee
1,120 Posts
Let us know how the update pans out for you. The last update had some adverse effects on my navs responsiveness. When I make a turn it takes longer for the map to catch up to my actual direction. Not a real problem most of the time, but can be a pain if there's another quick turn, or especially problematic on round-a-bouts. Seems like the poi's also shrunk a little. I will also update if it seems worth it, even if the data is still a little older. Good luck!
Thanks, wilco. I wonder if the older radios might be short on memory as more and more stuff is programmed in.

·
Premium Member
3,336 Posts
Thanks, wilco. I wonder if the older radios might be short on memory as more and more stuff is programmed in.
That might be an issue, but you'd think the new data would overwrite the old stuff. But I guess the bucket can always get full to overflowing.

·
Registered
2014 Grand Cherokee
1,120 Posts
That might be an issue, but you'd think the new data would overwrite the old stuff. But I guess the bucket can always get full to overflowing.
Sometimes the newer software on stuff takes more memory. I'm sure the maps do. My old Garmin Nuvi had a couple of gig free when I started with it, but a couple of years ago I had to put an SD card in it as it had run out of memory with the software updates and newer maps.

·
Registered
2014 Grand Cherokee
1,120 Posts
Just got an email from HERE saying that they shipped the map update and it should be here on Wednesday, December 4.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I received my update in the mail yesterday for my 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk. Inside was a tiny thumb drive that is said to contain the update.
If you don't pay close attention you'll miss the thumb drive. I have not installed it yet but will do so sometime this weekend.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I received my update in the mail yesterday for my 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk. Inside was a tiny thumb drive that is said to contain the update.
If you don't pay close attention you'll miss the thumb drive. I have not installed it yet but will do so sometime this weekend.
Do you have to order it somewhere, or did they just send it to you? My 2018 GC Overland's map data is 4 years out of date.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Wouldn't you know it. I finally gave up waiting for 2019 last weekend and ordered 2018. It showed up in the mail today. Let's see if customer service will trade me for a fresh copy.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Just an FYI. I loaded my update. It takes about 18 minutes for the update and you have to put the thumb drive in the USB port with the gold strips facing up.
Since I have a 1/4 mile drive I had to drive to the road to calibrate the navigation system. It appears everything was successful.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Uconnect Map updates are a total waste of money. They are woefully out of date and in many cases are incorrect. I've turned off the POI display because they are so inaccurate and many are missing.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts