Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello

I couldn't find my post from a few months ago, so I'm starting a new one.

We currently own a WK2 2018 EcoDiesel Summit. When we first made the purchase, it was going to be a family mall crawler with light off roading in Canadian winters. After 10 months of ownership we want more out of the car from both an exterior look as well as being able to go on more trails and long trips.

We came to a conclusion that we would like to add:

-Bull/Nudge Bar (Chief Products have a new off-road bumper in development)
-A/T Tires
-Skid Plates
-Roof Rack
-Rear mounted tire carrier (need the interior space)
-Tow Hooks (already checked the famous forum thread, and the 2018 summit is apparently different?)
-winch?

Here is where I hit a roadblock. The Summit front bumper is a one piece and most aftermarket parts aren't designed to fit that trim. I can't imagine that my only option is to trade it in for a MY18 Overland and loose money. I'm hoping that a front bumper modification is possible (replace with an overland bumper?)

Maybe it's a long shot but I'm looking forward for some of your thoughts.

Thanks!

Car: 2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit - EcoDiesel

·
Super Moderator
8,229 Posts
The Summit is marketed as a luxury street ride and as you note has different fascias than other trims. All the mounting points for things you want to add are there, but if you want to do this conversion, you're going to have to do a bit of cutting to be able to add some things that intersect the fascias. This includes challenges with things like the rock rails the previous poster mentioned...the lower side fascias are different on the Summit, too, because they have to fair into the front and rear fascias.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The Summit is marketed as a luxury street ride and as you note has different fascias than other trims. All the mounting points for things you want to add are there, but if you want to do this conversion, you're going to have to do a bit of cutting to be able to add some things that intersect the fascias. This includes challenges with things like the rock rails the previous poster mentioned...the lower side fascias are different on the Summit, too, because they have to fair into the front and rear fascias.
Thanks for the quick response.

If I exchange it I'm looking at loosing about $5k-$10k on tax, fees, and the loan difference. If it has the same mounting points which is what I was worried about, then in theory I can replace the front and side fascias with those of an overland. Is that assumption correct?

Unfortunately everything in Canada has to be 10x more expensive and harder to achieve.

·
Super Moderator
8,229 Posts
You certainly could replace all the fascias, but that's gonna cost you a bundle, too, because it's not just body pieces. There's electrical/lighting considerations, too.

·
Premium Member
Grand Cherokee
803 Posts
-Tow Hooks (already checked the famous forum thread, and the 2018 summit is apparently different?)
Tow hooks can be added. I recently added them to my 2018 High Altitude which has the same front fascia as the Summit! Also A/T Tires, Skid Plates, Roof Rack no problem. The Bull/Nudge Bar would be a problem. BTW they make a bunch of AT tires in the stock size. My preference is the stock size Nitto Ridge Grappler or Cooper AT3 S.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts