Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

381 - 400 of 411 Posts

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
Can anyone explain the difference between the standard Full Size Spare Tire and the optional Full–Size Spare Tire
Can not wait to hear the explanation - FCA in Aus have been peddling the "full size spare" lie since the MY11.

·
Registered
18 WK2 Trailhawk
466 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,155 Posts
I'm going to guess that the normal spare tire is the 245 wide Kuhmo type non matching tire and the optional tire is probably a 265 matching Kevlar or whatever is OEM for the trim...
I would be surprised as it wouldn't fit properly under the lid...

It's listed at Jeep.com in the build/price tool, but there is zero description for what it actually is.

·
Premium Member
1,159 Posts
Ordering an Overland and I've just been told that ORA II no longer includes Quadra-Drive II... that is now a separate charge!! :confused::mad: :(

·
Premium Member
1,834 Posts
I think that's wrong. I just went to Build & Price and when I added ORA-II to an Overland the QD2 option clicked over to already included. So it appears that while you can probably order QD2 without ORA-II, adding ORA-II does include QD2.

Now, as for how the pricing works, I dunno ... let's see ... yep, it looks like the $795 QD2 price is included in the $1,095 ORA-II package price.

·
Premium Member
1,159 Posts
Well, the dealer is pretty clear that even though it shows up on the website that way it is no longer included in the ORA-II package... has to be ordered separately.

I'm going to call another dealer and see what they say.

·
Premium Member
1,834 Posts
Did the price of ORA-II change (decrease) accordingly? If so then no worries. If not then ... ugh.

·
Super Moderator
8,155 Posts
It doesn't make a whole lot of sense for Jeep to remove the QD (ELSD) from the ORA-II package...that would be strange, indeed.

·
Registered
784 Posts
Exactly. QD is one of the defining characteristics of ORA II. I think that dealer is confused...you can get QD as a stand alone option, or get ORA II which already has QD (like on an Overland). Plus QD is standard on a V8 Summit (at least it was in 2016).

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
I suggest you find an "honest" dealer, one not trying to gouge you!

Complete Bullsh*t!!

You can get QDII on a 2019 Overland either with the ORAII (Sales code AWY MSRP $1095) package, or as a stand alone item QDII (Sales code AWB MSRP $795).

WTF!!!

·
Registered
18 WK2 Trailhawk
466 Posts
Exactly. QD is one of the defining characteristics of ORA II. I think that dealer is confused...you can get QD as a stand alone option, or get ORA II which already has QD (like on an Overland). Plus QD is standard on a V8 Summit (at least it was in 2016).
The new 2019 specs show QDII "not available" for Limited or Summit. Standard on Trailhawk and optional on Overland....

·
Premium Member
1,834 Posts
Wow ... Build & Price doesn't show ORA-II as available on the Limited either. That's too bad. I guess now the Trailhawk really is different.

·
Premium Member
1,834 Posts
...and I'm even happier that I got a 2018 with lifetime MaxCare and no piano finish trim on the dash.

·
Registered
743 Posts
Newly discovered "decontent"...not sure when it started, but on the 2019s the plastic underbody transmission shield is now gone. At least on any of the V8s without ORA-II. Possibly all other configurations too but those are what I've looked at so far.

·
Registered
12 Posts
as far as the spare tire question goes one is a 35 mph tire the $150 option is a standard "real" tire . so if your off road you can change it and still go . The standard tire is for emergency use.

·
Registered
308 Posts
$4800 for the Limited X package? Leather, HID/LEDs, shift paddles... the rest is cosmetic. How does this add up to $4800?

381 - 400 of 411 Posts