Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

401 - 411 of 411 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,155 Posts
$4800 for the Limited X package? Leather, HID/LEDs, shift paddles... the rest is cosmetic. How does this add up to $4800?
They charge for "cosmetics"...and people pay it. :)

2019 Limited X package contents MSRP $4,900 ($4,361) (included in price above)

20X8.0 GRANITE CRYSTAL ALUM WHEELS (WSK)
265/50R20 PERFORMANCE A/S TIRES (TKY)
BI-XENON HID HEADLAMPS (LM2)
BODY COLOR DOOR HANDLES (MNK)
BODY COLOR FASCIAS W/GRANITE ACCENTS (ML3)
BODY COLOR SILL EXTENSION (MRB)
DARK DAY LIGHT OPENING MOLDINGS (MMR)
DARK HEADLAMP BEZEL FINISH (MFG)
DARK LENS TAILLAMPS (LD1)
DELETE LIMITED BADGE (MSY)
DUAL DARK CHROME EXHAUST TIP (NEP)
GLOSS BLACK EXTERIOR ACCENTS (MHP)
GLOSS BLACK ROOF RAILS (MWG)
GRANITE CRYSTAL / BLACK GRILLE (MKL)
GRANITE CRYSTAL EXTERIOR ACCENTS (XGJ)
GRANITE CRYSTAL EXTERIOR BADGING (M1J)
LEATHER TRIMMED SEATS (black) (*YL)
LED DAYTIME RUNNING HEADLAMPS (LMZ)
LIMITED X BADGE (MZG)
LIMITED X PACKAGE (AA7)
LIQUID TITANIUM ACCENTS (XS2)
PIRELLI BRAND TIRES (TZP)
PREMIUM ACCENT CLADDINGS (MRX)
PREMIUM LED FOG LAMPS (LNT)
SPORT HOOD (MC9)
STEERING WHEEL MOUNTED SHIFT CONTROL (XBQ)

·
Registered
65 Posts
It looks like Jeep starting removing standard features from the Limited and other models starting in 2018. I have a 17 Limited. A new one I noticed is that the Limited no longer has heated rear seats standard. It's only an add on in a $3K luxury package. They've also removed:

rear cargo floor rails
flashlight
paddle shifters
Jeep logo floor mats

Have I missed anything? It seems Jeep does this late in a model run instead of raising prices.

·
Premium Member
633 Posts
.... They've also removed:

rear cargo floor rails

flashlight

paddle shifters

Jeep logo floor mats

Have I missed anything? It seems Jeep does this late in a model run instead of raising prices.

Yet they also raise the prices....

The floor rails and flashlight were removed from all models.

Also across the entire product line, they changed the panels under the seats from dual layer with carpet to plain black plastic and removed the Transmission plastic shield underneath for all models without the off-road packages....

·
Premium Member
1,834 Posts
It looks like Jeep starting removing standard features from the Limited and other models starting in 2018. I have a 17 Limited. A new one I noticed is that the Limited no longer has heated rear seats standard. It's only an add on in a $3K luxury package. They've also removed:

rear cargo floor rails
flashlight
paddle shifters
Jeep logo floor mats

Well, hmm ... I think you're right for 2019 regarding the Limited, not so much for 2018. For 2019 it appears no longer to be possible to load up a Limited to the point that it's darn close to an Overland or Trailhawk or both in terms of features. But in 2018 you could still do so. (I know because I did.)

Yes the cargo rails went away, but I'm pretty sure they went away on all trims, not just the Limited. (And those of us who use cargo mats are just as glad not to have them.)

Same for the flashlight.

The paddle shifters also went away, but as I recall it was from non-QD2-equipped vehicles in all trims, not just from particular trim levels. I have them in my ORA-II Limited.

And I'm pretty sure my floor mats have the Jeep logo, but only pretty sure because they're in a box in a closet somewhere, having been replaced by the Mopar rubber bucket mats.

But for 2019 you're right, and it's interesting that they did away with the ability to fully option up a Limited this year.

Ah, but on re-read I think you're talking about the base Limited, not what options can be added to it. That's a slightly different kettle of fish.

·
Registered
645 Posts

rear cargo floor rails
flashlight
paddle shifters
Jeep logo floor mats

My 2018 Limited (non lux) has heated rear seats.

·
Premium Member
1,159 Posts
Is Milous still tracking new vehicles from VIN?

·
Administrator
2018 Jeep Trackhawk
56,660 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Well, hmm ... I think you're right for 2019 regarding the Limited, not so much for 2018. For 2019 it appears no longer to be possible to load up a Limited to the point that it's darn close to an Overland or Trailhawk or both in terms of features. But in 2018 you could still do so. (I know because I did.)

Yes the cargo rails went away, but I'm pretty sure they went away on all trims, not just the Limited. (And those of us who use cargo mats are just as glad not to have them.)

Same for the flashlight.

The paddle shifters also went away, but as I recall it was from non-QD2-equipped vehicles in all trims, not just from particular trim levels. I have them in my ORA-II Limited.

And I'm pretty sure my floor mats have the Jeep logo, but only pretty sure because they're in a box in a closet somewhere, having been replaced by the Mopar rubber bucket mats.

But for 2019 you're right, and it's interesting that they did away with the ability to fully option up a Limited this year.

Ah, but on re-read I think you're talking about the base Limited, not what options can be added to it. That's a slightly different kettle of fish.
I just bought a 2019 Limited with the luxury package and optional 20" wheels. We were debating between that and an Overland and discovered that, other than some minor trim differences, the only difference was that the Overland comes with power folding exterior mirrors and chrome front tow hooks. The Luxury II package comes with the rear heated seats, rain sensitive wipers, Alpine sound system, HID headlights, panoramic roof, and power tilt/telescope wheel. It's an expensive package but it includes a lot and gets the Limited very close to an Overland.

·
Premium Member
1,834 Posts
... It's an expensive package but it includes a lot and gets the Limited very close to an Overland.
Yes but (or "yes and" as they're trying to teach me to say at work instead of "yes but") it appears (last time I looked) that for 2019 you can no longer get the ORA-II package on a Limited. For those features you have to go either Trailhawk or Overland.

Which I think is unfortunate because I don't like the interior or exterior cosmetics of either one (well, other than the Overland's chrome hooks), which is why I ended up with a loaded-to-the-gunwales 2018 Limited.

·
Registered
354 Posts
That's a good point. The Luxury Group II gets the Limited close to a standard Overland but doesn't get you the same options that can be added to the Overland. But since we were looking for a "Street Utility Vehicle SUV" <grin> it wasn't something that would affect our decision.

·
Registered
354 Posts
All trim levels of 2019 JGC came with cup holder lighting according to Jeep. I thought maybe it was something that could be turned on and off in the settings menu but I find no mention of it in the owner's manual.

401 - 411 of 411 Posts