Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I recently purchased a 2019 Limited X with a 5.7 Hemi engine. I was trying to see if anyone has ever installed a cold air intake and if it’s worth it. Does it improve gas mileage? HP? Any info would help. Thank you

·
Registered
493 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
I agree with the last post. Most of the cold air intake systems don't really suck cold air as well as the factory units do. Get a better flowing filter, or get a snorkel if you want a true cold air/ram air system. And don't expect any hot gains, and only minimal mileage gains. And that's only because the air is a little cooler. You need to increase the flow from the start to the finish. And that means intake, valves, and exhaust. Can't put a big end on a straw, and expect to increase the flow through the entire straw.

·
Administrator
11,783 Posts
The only real benefit an aftermarket CAI is going to give you is in sound. The OEM intake is already about as efficient as it can get and it's been that way for many years. Your fuel economy will not be materially affected and there's no material increase in power.

Reactions: andrewsiff
1 - 4 of 4 Posts