Administrator
9,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Jeep Grand Cherokee WK2 - 2020 Model Year

• Order banks open - June 2019
• Production startup - July 29, 2019
• Press materials launch - September 1, 2019
• 10th of 10 model years for the 4th generation Grand Cherokee
• Laredo, Laredo E, Laredo Upland, Laredo Altitude, Limited, Limited X, Overland, Overland High Altitude, Trailhawk, Summit, SRT and Trackhawk models continue

What's New:

• New Black/Ski Grey seats (Trackhawk)
• Black roof option (Trackhawk)
• New ProTech II Package available on Laredo trims
• New Standard Single-Pane Sunroof on Limited and Trailhawk
• New Light Frost/Brown interior color option on Summit
• New Dark Sienna/Black interior color option on Overland
• New Black/Ski Gray Signature Leather Interior Package option on Trackhawk
• New Premium Lighting Group available on Laredo, Limited and Trailhawk
• New optional Black Roof on Summit
• New standard 20" Gloss Black wheel and optional 20" Titanium wheel on Trackhawk
• New standard 20" Low Gloss Granite Crystal wheel on High Altitude

MORE INFORMATION INCLUDING DETAILED PRICING AND OPTIONS INFORMATION:

http://www.wk2jeeps.com/wk2menu.htm

-Milous

·
Registered
72 Posts
Talk about timing. I just got approval to replace my company car in 2019 and was going to hold out for the WL in the 4th quarter. Will this be a six month run and 2021 WL coming out January 2020?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Son of a biscuit! My 2014 WK2 now has 105,000 miles on it and I was hoping to hang in there until the second model year of the WL. I don't think I feel comfortable making it last another three years for how much we drive it. Now what to do?! Maybe I should keep my eye out for a killer deal on a 2018. Thank you Milous for the updated info; we really appreciate it.

·
Premium Member
3,133 Posts
WOW - that is news!

Glad I got my 2018 a year ago. Was kinda thinking gosh if I really like the new WL perhaps I shouldn't have got out of my 2014 for a 2018. Now definitely glad I did.

I wonder what the hold up was? Design, platform, engines?

·
Registered
225 Posts
Not sure if this is good or bad news. I have been getting a new Jeep every 3 years since 1998. And 2020 was the model year to replace my 2017 Summit. I was concerned about an all new 2020 model remembering that my 2014 had at least 7 recalls. Anyhow, got another year to think about this. Al

·
Administrator
56,585 Posts
Re: 2020 Grand Cherokee - Features & Changes

Look for a Jan 2020 debut for the 2021 WL

·
Registered
208 Posts
That’s perfect. My trailhawk lease ends March of 2021!

·
Super Moderator
8,010 Posts

Look for a Jan 2020 debut for the 2021 WL
AH, so the MY20 extension will be a short year to allow a little more time to do WL "right". Makes sense. :D

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Perfect.... as my Maxcare runs out April of 2020 !

·
Registered
714 Posts
I had been thinking 2019 model would run longer than usual but guessing they can go with 2020 MY and if they need extra time they have it. I rather they take their time at Jeep to get it right. Thanks for the news.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Well that sucks.. FCA didn't ask me what I thought..

There they go always making decisions that mess me all up.

Probably don't want to breakup the production line in JNAP.

Gotta milk that old cash cow WK2 for what it's worth.

Plus by then the interest rates will be thru the roof, gas will be back to $4 dollars a gallon, and then they will decide not to add the red eye engine.

·
Registered
1,627 Posts

AH, so the MY20 extension will be a short year to allow a little more time to do WL "right". Makes sense. :D
Agreed it is a good thing and necessary before launch. In this category people are less loyal and won't stand for a dual model launch with a single engine option like they did with the JL and Ram launches.

·
Super Moderator
8,010 Posts

Does the debut mean you can order one then or still have to wait until Aug of 2021 to order..
Damn I should live that long.
Order banks should open in the time frame that Scott mentioned...with initial order deliveries in that Jan-Feb-Mar timeframe based on the previous similar situation with the MY14 refresh. IE, it's only a 6 month or so delay from the most recent plan...and likely for good reason.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Auto Line Daily is reporting (based on Auto Forecasting Solutions intel) that the current GC will cease production in April 2021 and the next generation will begin production thereafter. At that time frame the next gen would presumably be introduced as a MY 2022.

See the video at around 1:15 - https://youtu.be/6LLA0SUOevI

(Cross posted in the WL section.)

·
Super Moderator
8,010 Posts
I would trust Scott and Milous over that resource...

·
Registered
437 Posts
Dang, that’s a bummer. I love the WK2 but it getting a little long in the tooth.
Honestly the truck has aged nicely... Every year steady updates... Styling has dramatically improved over the past couple years.

However, the dealer's still suck. Maybe for 2020 Chrysler closes half of them for a present to us.

·
Registered
674 Posts

Order banks should open in the time frame that Scott mentioned...with initial order deliveries in that Jan-Feb-Mar timeframe based on the previous similar situation with the MY14 refresh. IE, it's only a 6 month or so delay from the most recent plan...and likely for good reason.
That makes me feel a little better.....

1 - 20 of 142 Posts
About this Discussion
141 Replies
56 Participants
kalashnikov
Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum
Jeep Garage is where you can talk about all your favorite jeeps including the Cherokee, Liberty and Grand Cherokee.
Full Forum Listing