Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve had a 2020 limited x for a few months and since it’s starting to get nicer out I want to bring it on the beach, I noticed I don’t have anywhere to attach a tow rope if I get stuck and something happens, is my only luck of getting unstuck digging and putting boards under the tires? Any help would be appreciated, it’s my first GC and I’ve never driven on the beach before.

·
Registered
29 Posts
If you don't have or want a hitch, you can add the rear tow hook and the front tow hooks.
If you have a hitch, you can use the receiver for rear recovery and add the front tow hooks.
Airing down your tires will save your bacon 9 times out of 10. (But make sure you either bring a compressor or know of a place nearby to fill back up.)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you don't have or want a hitch, you can add the rear tow hook and the front tow hooks.
If you have a hitch, you can use the receiver for rear recovery and add the front tow hooks.
Airing down your tires will save your bacon 9 times out of 10. (But make sure you either bring a compressor or know of a place nearby to fill back up.)
I am not sure if I can add those because of the sport bumpers I have on it, I’d like to not have to add it especially because it’s a lease and the price I’d have to pay, I’ll just make sure I air down good. Just wanted to prepare for it just in case, thanks for the input!

·
Registered
170 Posts
If your recovery point on the front is anything like mine, you'll want to retro fit some proper points. My alt went a couple of years ago, tried to get the towing eye screwed in and it went in about 1/4 turn. Then the housing thread came away and the whole assembly fell to pieces.

Got some points from ohio diesel. I've not used them yet but they look sturdy, went on easily and hopefully will do the job.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If your recovery point on the front is anything like mine, you'll want to retro fit some proper points. My alt went a couple of years ago, tried to get the towing eye screwed in and it went in about 1/4 turn. Then the housing thread came away and the whole assembly fell to pieces.

Got some points from ohio diesel. I've not used them yet but they look sturdy, went on easily and hopefully will do the job.
I’ll attach a pic, I don’t seem to have any recovery points, I could be mistaken since I’m just learning and new to this.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Check behind the honey comb sections on either side of the lower bumper. If it's like mine, it'll be behind one of them. Looks like you have a hidden tow bar in the middle of your rear bumper - I might be wildly wrong on that last bit!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Check behind the honey comb sections on either side of the lower bumper. If it's like mine, it'll be behind one of them. Looks like you have a hidden tow bar in the middle of your rear bumper - I might be wildly wrong on that last bit!
The rear bumper does have a pop out section but there is nothing there, it is to add a hitch I believe. The honeycomb sections don’t seem to pop out. I did see these metal bars under neath the fron that may be able to be used?

·
Registered
170 Posts
Ah, that could well be it. That's obviously a new design. Before you attach a snatch rope and get yanked out of a bog, let's let somebody else verify if this is correct!!

·
Registered
207 Posts
The Limited X doesn't have two hooks, it's styled more as a street vehicle, same as the Summit and High Altitude. You could add a factory hitch and be able to use that as a recovery point.

For front tow hooks you can do a search for Summit tow hooks or High Altitude tow hooks. The drawback is you would have to cut into the honeycomb grill.

And by the way that is a very sharp looking vehicle.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The Limited X doesn't have two hooks, it's styled more as a street vehicle, same as the Summit and High Altitude. You could add a factory hitch and be able to use that as a recovery point.

For front tow hooks you can do a search for Summit tow hooks or High Altitude tow hooks. The drawback is you would have to cut into the honeycomb grill.

And by the way that is a very sharp looking vehicle.
Thank you, I just don’t think it’s worth it to add all of that stuff especially since I don’t think I’ll have any trouble driving on the beach especially lowering the psi. If I didn’t lease it I would think about adding them but I don’t think it’s worth it. There is a bar under my rear bumper where I think I could get away with if needed. I think if I got stuck digging out and lowering psi I should be alright. I think it’s me never doing it before that worried me when I’m fact I probably shouldn’t worry lol. But thank you I never saw one in this color and I had to get it the X is the perfect model!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts