Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have a stock 2020 WK2 5.7L Hemi with a MDS fall on it's face situation. From new whenever the engine would cut 4 cylinders and activate MDS the vehicle would fall on it's face so to speak and revert back to all 8. I could feel this on flat roads with very light throttle the vehicle would surge constantly as if you had a 30 mph head wind and it would abruptly stop and on and on until I would manually shift into 8th and this craziness would then stop. With Eco-off this was much less noticeable. Eco-on it was right back. No codes, took to dealership and they test drove and of course all was normal as far as they were concerned. Always run 89 octane fuel only 10k on the clock so I decided to replace the cheapest thing first. The spark plugs. I went with Bosch as the NGK's could be the problem. 80 miles on the new plugs I can't feel any surge with Eco-mode activated on flat land now. I still have slight transmission shutter from take off(as I did before), but I think that is another quality control issue with the 8hp70 and or software. Does anyone have the contact info for JeepCares? I believe if nothing else they should stand behind the spark plugs and either refund or replace the ones I removed with new plugs. Thanks.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.