Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I just joined this because I need help diagnosing a problem with my 2021 jeep grand Cherokee Laredo. Every roughly 4-6 times I start the vehicle the starter cranks for roughly 5 to 10 full seconds before it actually cranks over and runs like normal. This happens when the engine is operating temperature or cold.

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
When I realize the problem is happening, I push the push start so the starter doesn’t wear down faster due to it running for a longer period of time. Then I push the button again and it starts like normal.

· Registered
2020 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit 3.6L 4x2
2,378 Posts
Does it start ok if you wait a few seconds after you first press the button but before you put yr foot on the brake and start it?

· Registered
2,587 Posts
Hey guys, I just joined this because I need help diagnosing a problem with my 2021 jeep grand Cherokee Laredo. Every roughly 4-6 times I start the vehicle the starter cranks for roughly 5 to 10 full seconds before it actually cranks over and runs like normal. This happens when the engine is operating temperature or cold.
Hello! If you continue to experience concerns, we recommend a dealership visit. Should you need extra support from our team while there, send us a message or call 877-426-5337.

Kate
Jeep Cares

Reactions: Will9319041

· Registered
18 Posts
Yeah, I was just down this road with the no-start thing. Use your remote to start it. Does that make a difference? If so, that means the fuel pump needs a couple seconds to build up pressure in the fuel rails, which means they're not holding pressure when it's parked.

Or if it doesn't make a difference, maybe your fuel pump isn't turning on all the time from an electrical issue.

You're under warranty. Take it to a dealer and have them check fuel pressure.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts