2018 Jeep Trackhawk
56,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #41

·
Premium Member
Dah! My Jeeps
725 Posts
Re: 2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee "WL/Wk3"

I'll take it. But I want it in off road system like the GC Overland ;)

·
Registered
127 Posts

It's of my opinion the new engines may have been pushed back. I'm getting mixed info at the moment. Milous probably has better info.

Count on this. FCA will use the bi-turbo 6 for the WL GC. The new AR Guila with bi-turbo is 500+ HP and plenty of torque. I have a Hemi, and have since 2005. Frankly, the bi-turbo is a solid performer, lighter, and will be by far better than the Hemi.

·
Premium Member
1,353 Posts

It seems pretty clear (to me) that the next-gen platform won't have a V8.

And sorry, but a (bi)turbo isn't the same thing as a beefy naturally-aspirated engine when you hit the throttle from a stop. But.. that's the way the world is going.

·
Premium Member
'14 Jeep Overland
865 Posts

Count on this. FCA will use the bi-turbo 6 for the WL GC. The new AR Guila with bi-turbo is 500+ HP and plenty of torque. I have a Hemi, and have since 2005. Frankly, the bi-turbo is a solid performer, lighter, and will be by far better than the Hemi.
I love my Hemi but I took a twin turbo V8 BMW X6 for a test ride awhile ago. Holy sh*t was that thing FAST! Wow, wow, wow is all I can say! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
342 Posts

So is the 2019 more a refresh and with Hemi option available and the 2021 the new model based on the Alfa architecture.

A lot of different opinions here and confusion.

·
Administrator
2018 Jeep Trackhawk
56,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #47

Yes...basically

·
Administrator
2018 Jeep Trackhawk
56,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #50

Changing like fca plans...daily

·
Premium Member
1,033 Posts
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee "WL/Wk3"

Keep an eye on the weather, the winds are changing :).

Personally I think that if FCA thinks that they can "rest on one's laurels" and at the same time keep the momentum (and market share) going for another 4-5 years with only light refresh then ... they are in for rude awakening. Nothing wrong with WK2 just world is not standing still.

Sent from my iPhone using JeepGarage

·
Super Moderator
8,496 Posts

Personally I think that if FCA thinks that they can "rest on one's laurels" and at the same time keep the momentum (and market share) going for another 4-5 years with only light refresh then ... they are in for rude awakening. Nothing wrong with WK2 just world is not standing still.
I don't believe that FCA is wanting to "rest on their laurels". My guess is they are juggling with how much time they actually need to properly engineer and plan for the platform change now that they have apparently decided the "what platform" part. That may or may not relate to the "changing winds" that Milous quips about. Honestly, I'd rather they get it done thoughtfully and completely rather than rush it since whatever is developed is going to have to last a long time. Remember, the "platform" isn't a "thing" so much as it is a design and production methodology in addition to a physical design.

·
Registered
127 Posts

So is the 2019 more a refresh and with Hemi option available and the 2021 the new model based on the Alfa architecture.

A lot of different opinions here and confusion.

Most likely the 2019 will be the next generation, platform based on the AR Stevlio, and yes a bi-turbo option.

·
Administrator
2018 Jeep Trackhawk
56,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #55

Most likely the 2019 will be the next generation, platform based on the AR Stevlio, and yes a bi-turbo option.
Sorry but it won't be. Would be impossible.

·
Registered
146 Posts

And if the 2019 is merely "refreshed," the probability of the 2020 being on a new platform doesn't seem very high at all to me. Just would not be a good business decision.

·
Registered
714 Posts

And if the 2019 is merely "refreshed," the probability of the 2020 being on a new platform doesn't seem very high at all to me. Just would not be a good business decision.
I would guess a later 2021 model launch at the earliest but FCA is changing things on the fly all the time so by the time I click submit things could have changed.

·
Registered
146 Posts

There is no refresh planned for the 2019 model year.
Makes complete sense. Trackhawk is new for 2018. Refreshing (much less overhauling) the whole line for 2019 (or even 2020?) does not seem like an option. And as I suggested in a different thread, letting the Trackhawk (as well as the Trailhawk) have a decent run to capitalize on the investment is wise.

41 - 60 of 658 Posts