Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

621 - 640 of 658 Posts

·
Registered
2017 GC SRT
6 Posts
I didnt count the red eyes and wide bodies since that's like 6 models or whatever. Just the charger and challenger hellcats.
If you leave out the Redeyes (technically different SC) and include widebodies (why not), in 2018 and 2019 combined, Dodge sold 2,644 more Hellcat cars (10,893) than Jeep sold Trackhawks (8,249).

Just the facts. Love all Hellcat based vehicles regardless.

·
Administrator
2018 Jeep Trackhawk
56,756 Posts
Discussion Starter #622 (Edited)
Ok whatever....but trackhawk sales for 18 and 19 was 9168

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
First serious confirmation I've seen that there WILL be a Diesel model for the WL... Staying tuned...

·
Registered
JGC
124 Posts
From the 2/28/2020 article above: "An eight-speed automatic transmission controlled by a dial instead of a shift lever will come standard regardless of how many cylinders are under the hood."
Disappointing if true, but I guess that's the future. Could live with it if they have the paddle shifters available in the different WL models.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Interior looks quite a bit different if leaked photo is accurate. I just wonder if WL will look as drastically different on outside as it does inside?
I have a 2012 and am considering a 2019 that has less than 5k miles, but don’t want a dated looking Jeep a year from now.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,495 Posts
Is there an order cut off date for the MY20 yet?
No. But those articles are extremely optimistic relative to timing compared to our insiders' views to-date, so I would expect that MY20 will continue on for a bit longer than normal cut-off. I don't think we will know details until at least after any vehicle show debuts that happen for WL. It's hard to know how much actual fact goes into media articles like that because their primary focus is to draw reader and gain advertising revenue as a result. Scott, Milous, etc., don't have that kind of skin in the game and don't tend to release information that they are not reasonably confident is accurate.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Interior looks quite a bit different if leaked photo is accurate. I just wonder if WL will look as drastically different on outside as it does inside?
I have a 2012 and am considering a 2019 that has less than 5k miles, but don’t want a dated looking Jeep a year from now.
From everything I have read it doesn't sound like it's going to be drastic on the exterior by any means......that interior definitely looks updated though.

·
Registered
651 Posts
Was literally thinking the same thing. Jeep has a lot to potentially lose here, and I am happy to see they are taking all the time necessary to perfect whatever this thing is. Look at what happened to Ford with rushing out the new Exploder....

·
Administrator
2018 Jeep Trackhawk
56,756 Posts
Discussion Starter #639
I suspect the MY 2020 will continue until jnap closes in late fall 2020 to switch to the WL platform. WL order banks will open in january 2021 and they should hit owners and lots by march/april and probably as 2022 models. Some are saying Detroit 1 will build the WL74 and 75 until jnap in retroed into detroit 2 and then jnap will build WL74.

I have brand new info on the exterior looks. While I cannot post the pics I have...I can give a very good description.

The 2021/2 is a natural modernization of the wk2 body. The grill is shorter and more vertical than the wk2. Headlights are smaller and same height as grille. Theres a line that goes front to rear from front fender to rear quarter at the height of the door handles. The headlights wrap around into the fenders more. The windshield looks to be slight raked more but the wl from the top of the doors up looks exactly like the wk2. From the door handles down it's pretty similar as well. The hood is wider and flatter. The overall vehicles seems just a tad wider. Full led heads and tails on upper models. All new interior. 10.5" cluster screen, 10.1" uconnect. All new seating, steering wheel, hvac etc etc. You've seen all the new stuff there.
Some have missed I updated the engine availability.
The 2.0 hurricane will be available.for order in may 2021. Phev will be available July 2021. Gme TT v6 in 2022.

621 - 640 of 658 Posts