Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2021 Trailhawk did not come with the Harmon Kardon stereo upgrade. In general the alpine does a good job. However, I would like to upgrade it if possible without replacing the control center. Our 2018 Audi‘s stereo is so much better that I notice the difference. Also, I’m a windows down guy and the Alpine doesn’t have the volume at times.

Does anyone have any recommendations? Thanks in advance for your help!

·
Administrator
11,241 Posts
The head unit is the same for both setups. You can work with Crutchfield or similar to put together a kid of "stuff" for amplification and speakers to meet your needs.

Reactions: indymtb

·
Registered
2020 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited, 2002 Audi TT Quattro Coupe
122 Posts
I'm in the process of installing upgraded speakers and keeping the stock Alpine unit. So far I'm really happy with the sound, everything is much clearer and less "muddy" and can go plenty loud. I noticed a pretty big improvement just by upgrading the center channel. I got a lot of good information from reading this thread:

I went with an Infinity speaker setup:
Rears: Infinity Reference REF-6532ex Infinity Reference REF-6532ex
Front: Infinity Reference REF-9630cx Infinity Reference REF-9630cx
Center: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01E4JWG6I?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

I didn't do anything with the speakers in the cargo area. I noticed that the speakers I bought are currently on sale at Crutchfield. Good luck with your research.

·
Registered
JGC
837 Posts
My 2021 Trailhawk did not come with the Harmon Kardon stereo upgrade. In general the alpine does a good job. However, I would like to upgrade it if possible without replacing the control center. Our 2018 Audi‘s stereo is so much better that I notice the difference. Also, I’m a windows down guy and the Alpine doesn’t have the volume at times.

Does anyone have any recommendations? Thanks in advance for your help!
I replaced all 9 speakers in mine, with Infinity Reference, and the sound improvement is huge. I can, but never do, okay once just to test it, crank the volume to max and it's crystal clear. The Alpine speaker are junk. Likely, any speaker you replace the stock Alpine speakers with will be a huge improvement.

Reactions: indymtb
1 - 4 of 4 Posts