Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone confirm that the 2021 WK2 order books are open? If so, can all models be ordered including SRT and Trackhawk? If the street rumors are correct, production should start around September 14, so order books should be open I would think (hope).

Reactions: jacko15

·
Registered
5 Posts
Yes, 2021 orders are being processed and VINs are being issued. I just ordered a 2021 GCL, and the Sept 14 production startup date sounds about right according to my sales guy. I believe all models are available as 2021 models but can't say for sure.

·
Registered
2020 Summit
89 Posts
Was at the dealer this afternoon and we tried to see if we could put in an order for a 2021 Summit, and DealerConnect wouldn't let him. The popup we got said something about allocations not being available yet. But I did see that the base price will be $55,985 (+400) and Sienna Brown / Black interior will be $695 (+200). Platinum Group and paint colors are the same.

Edit: I think Hemi is actually $100 more.

·
Premium Member
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Was at the dealer this afternoon and we tried to see if we could put in an order for a 2021 Summit, and DealerConnect wouldn't let him. The popup we got said something about allocations not being available yet. But I did see that the base price will be $55,985 (+400) and Sienna Brown / Black interior will be $695 (+200). Hemi, Platinum Group and paint colors are the same.
That's sort of what I'm hearing. The GC Laredo's and Limited's are available for order but no models above that. Not to mention that I'm not getting the same story from every dealer I've contacted, so it appears there's a lot of confusion at this point.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm a newbie here, but I've owned several Jeeps over the years. My first one being an old Willys bought in the 70s. Anyway, I mentioned above ordering a 2021 GCL and probably should've said 2021 Limited to distinguish from the Laredo. I didn't know there's a GC Latitude too.

·
Premium Member
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm a newbie here, but I've owned several Jeeps over the years. My first one being an old Willys bought in the 70s. Anyway, I mentioned above ordering a 2021 GCL and probably should've said 2021 Limited to distinguish from the Laredo. I didn't know there's a GC Latitude too.
Sorry, my bad. I mean't Laredo not Latitude. In fact the Laredo is the only GC model we haven't had since 2012. Should know better.

·
Super Moderator
8,953 Posts
Keep in mind that Jeeps allocation system is by trim level and dealer. Some dealers run out of allocation for certain trims faster than others. That "may" be the case with some dealers that folks are experiencing for MY21 orders, especially from lower volume dealers.

·
Premium Member
3,348 Posts
Just looking for updates on the '21 WK2. I know it's probably a moving target, but was wondering when the order books might close. I'm contemplating ordering one late winter for a spring delivery next year. My April '13 built '14 Overland is getting a little long in the tooth, but I've been so happy with it, I'm thinking of replacing it with a '21 WK2. I factory ordered my '14, and was very glad I equipped it the way I did. I could live with a clone for another 8 years.

Reactions: akinney

·
Super Moderator
8,953 Posts
jacko15, if I had to guess, MY21 will be a full model year at this point so it's "likely" that orders will be open until about June. It really depends upon what happens with when they can actually start of WL production and the delays that ensued from the pandemic.

Reactions: jacko15

·
Registered
690 Posts
Just looking for updates on the '21 WK2. I know it's probably a moving target, but was wondering when the order books might close. I'm contemplating ordering one late winter for a spring delivery next year. My April '13 built '14 Overland is getting a little long in the tooth, but I've been so happy with it, I'm thinking of replacing it with a '21 WK2. I factory ordered my '14, and was very glad I equipped it the way I did. I could live with a clone for another 8 years.
Jacko, how are you my friend? Glad to hear the ‘14 continues to soldier on!

·
Premium Member
3,348 Posts
Jacko, how are you my friend? Glad to hear the ‘14 continues to soldier on!
JeeperJohn, life is good! Hope you're well too. My '14 is probably one of my favorite vehicles in over 50 years of driving. :)

·
Registered
110 Posts
Looks like the build and price is up. North edition is no more. Can't get a factory skid plate package and QTII without getting quadra lift.

Time for me to hunt down a leftover 2020 North. Incentives dropped back to the standard 2750 + 2000 capital bonuses (there was an extra 500 last couple weeks) for 2020s.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Looks like the build and price is up. North edition is no more. Can't get a factory skid plate package and QTII without getting quadra lift.

Time for me to hunt down a leftover 2020 North. Incentives dropped back to the standard 2750 + 2000 capital bonuses (there was an extra 500 last couple weeks) for 2020s.
Can't go wrong with the NE. I'm seeing the All Weather Trail Rated package is still available with the Laredo (no QL)?

·
Registered
110 Posts
Can't go wrong with the NE. I'm seeing the All Weather Trail Rated package is still available with the Laredo (no QL)?
I did not see it on the Laredo x build and price, altitude option only.

But you're right I went back and it's an option on the Laredo e. Priced out with all the north options (and missing the suede seats) not much difference between an all weather and north.

Hmm decisions.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I'm addition to the suede seats, the North Edition gets you the Alpine speaker system and the power liftgate for the same price or less as the 20 Laredo E with All Weather package and 18" wheel/8.4" radio package. Plus the 21 Laredo does not appear to be available with the 8.4" radio which would be a deal-killer for me, and it comes with those awful-looking silver wheels that have always screamed "base Laredo". It would be a no-brainer for me: 20 North all the way.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts