Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

2561 - 2580 of 2837 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,498 Posts
Dealers may be precluded from sharing some information until an official sales launch. Same for insiders. That's why there has been limited information here from Scott and others...the company cracked down on the sharing...

·
Premium Member
17 Summit
543 Posts
Dealers may be precluded from sharing some information until an official sales launch. Same for insiders. That's why there has been limited information here from Scott and others...the company cracked down on the sharing...
And in turn have taken all excitement out of this honestly. I don’t blame Scott at all, but this forum has dried up and gotten boring since we have no teasers to feed off of. I’m getting turned off to Jeep all around between their rising prices, lackluster dealer experience and questionable styling choices...the WL 2 door better be worth all of this BS

·
Registered
3 Posts
Does anyone have any dealer friends here? I know dealers will often get a large "sales" package in pdf - which educates them on the product and features etc (because unfortunately for them, most of us here know what more than the sales staff). Would be nice to see if this has been circulated yet - because I have only seen the pdfs with the specs and trims - but nothing detailing what the leather is like or if two tone. So if this dealer knows more - I would also like to know more :). Usually the package shares what colors are launched, which wheel options coincide with certain trims and which interior color options are available with certain exterior colors
Here are a few documents I have found.

Attachments

·
Registered
699 Posts
Now on the subject of dealer experience, I went to Jeep to shop the Grand Cherokee. I felt like i stepped into a time warp. All 4 showrooms I visited looked like they were last renovated in 1992 when the Chrysler LeBaron was kicking it. As for the sales staff, I felt like they were still using gimmicks from that time as well (think pop a balloon with a discount inside, or spin the wheel, or roll a 1 cu. ft. die). Don't get me started on the service waiting area. They all had worn out, threadbare benches, and a single old super stained percolator coffee machine, minus any snacks.

I asked what their policy was on loaner cars, and they said they "might" have Chrysler 200s available, but they don't have enough of them for everyone.

That's okay of you are peddling $20-30K CAD cars, but when someone is ponying up Summit, Hellcat, or Viper levels of money, they must elevate the experience. It's unforgiveable.
I completely understand what you're saying. Yet I'm on my 5th Grand Cherokee (Summit) because the vehicle is perfect for me. I love the look, they're comfortable, and they've gotten me through some awful roads and horrid weather that very few other vehicles would have. My service experience has been fine, the manager is great and things are usually fixed the first time. There is a car rental place on site and if they're out of loaners they pay for a rental. The waiting area is typical Jeep. My last dealership was very similar although a smaller family run operation. The people were awesome.

To your point and with all due respect, I really couldn't care less whether the service department offers me a latte and a croissant (they don't) and I certainly would never allow the look of the dealership to influence my choice of vehicle. If you compare the price of my Summit and the comparable Benz you start to understand latte logic. Better to walk across the street to Starbucks. If you've ever owned a Benz out of warranty, you understand x 2. Would I ever buy one of the "premium" vehicle brands because the dealership was nicer? Certainly not.

I respect what you're saying and I agree Jeep needs to elevate their service experience especially in light of the upcoming Grand Wagoneer but the money to do that comes from somewhere. Having said all that I might be in the service department twice a year so that aspect of things doesn't affect me all that much. As long as I get a good price on a great vehicle, they have good people working there, and they fix my car when I bring it in I'll sit in a folding chair twice per year and stop at DD on the way down.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I completely understand what you're saying. Yet I'm on my 5th Grand Cherokee (Summit) because the vehicle is perfect for me. I love the look, they're comfortable, and they've gotten me through some awful roads and horrid weather that very few other vehicles would have. My service experience has been fine, the manager is great and things are usually fixed the first time. There is a car rental place on site and if they're out of loaners they pay for a rental. The waiting area is typical Jeep. My last dealership was very similar although a smaller family run operation. The people were awesome.

To your point and with all due respect, I really couldn't care less whether the service department offers me a latte and a croissant (they don't) and I certainly would never allow the look of the dealership to influence my choice of vehicle. If you compare the price of my Summit and the comparable Benz you start to understand latte logic. Better to walk across the street to Starbucks. If you've ever owned a Benz out of warranty, you understand x 2. Would I ever buy one of the "premium" vehicle brands because the dealership was nicer? Certainly not.

I respect what you're saying and I agree Jeep needs to elevate their service experience especially in light of the upcoming Grand Wagoneer but the money to do that comes from somewhere. Having said all that I might be in the service department twice a year so that aspect of things doesn't affect me all that much. As long as I get a good price on a great vehicle, they have good people working there, and they fix my car when I bring it in I'll sit in a folding chair twice per year and stop at DD on the way down.
That is so well said, someone on the same wavelength as me! I was goin to jump in here but couldn’t have said it so well. The fluffy decor and fancy coffee machine is fine but the important substance is the character and experience of the service staff, the fact that they care about quality amd are knowledgeable is much more important than smoke and mirrors, fancy coffee and food.

·
Registered
2018 VW Atlas Execline
81 Posts
Can someone tell these drivers to take their test mules for a wash 😉

From the title of the video (2022 and Wagoneer mentioned) - Seems most of the general public still doesn’t even know what they are looking at.

·
Premium Member
17 Summit
543 Posts

Apparently your dealership experience is an anomaly because as we have stated many times most of us don’t get offered loaners and sure as hell wouldn’t get a rental. Sounds like you have a good dealer, so your experience hasn’t been tarnished by a lack of quality in customer service or repeat repairs, which many of us have.

Jeep needs to elevate the experience for those paying luxury car prices, or those that do care, unlike yourself, will cross-shop real luxury brands to get the whole package.

·
Registered
Grand Cherokee
629 Posts
Pretty sure I've said it before, but I really hope they rethink the off-road group being Overland only. I want it on the Limited like I have now. Not quite so expensive and less worry about getting it dirty or scratched. Overland demographic isn't as likely to actually go off-road. Too upscale.

·
Administrator
2018 Jeep Trackhawk
56,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,572
What exactly are luxury car prices?

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
I can't say the experience will improve, but around my neck of the woods many of the Jeep dealerships have separated from being combined with any of the other FCA brands (Chrysler, Dodge, or Ram) and now have their own building and service department. It's certainly a step in the right direction for the brand.

·
Registered
2014 Summit 5.7 4wd 20" tires swapped to 18", added all skid plates
2,307 Posts
I like it less and less every time I see the L. Compass on steroids
You captured it perfectly. I too like it less the more I see it and while looking at the video I knew it was reminding me of something but couldn't put my finger on it. COMPASS, exactly, and that's not a complement.

·
Super Moderator
9,498 Posts
Exactly my thought...despite the real fact that JGC, especially in upper trims all decked out, has hit and gone beyond the $60K mark (and that happened a few years ago), the prices of the so-called "luxury" brands have not stood still, either.

I do think that customers deserve a more respectful treatment by dealer service departments than many get, however., but that's regardless of how much they paid for the vehicle or what brand it is. That doesn't mean making fresh lattés and croissants become standard in the waiting room. Rather, it means doing whatever they can reasonably do to make the service experience easier on the customer.

Reactions: mrtracey

·
Registered
25 Posts
Exactly my thought...despite the real fact that JGC, especially in upper trims all decked out, has hit and gone beyond the $60K mark (and that happened a few years ago), the prices of the so-called "luxury" brands have not stood still, either.

I do think that customers deserve a more respectful treatment by dealer service departments than many get, however., but that's regardless of how much they paid for the vehicle or what brand it is. That doesn't mean making fresh lattés and croissants become standard in the waiting room. Rather, it means doing whatever they can reasonably do to make the service experience easier on the customer.
Agree. When I bought my SRT, it wasn’t a “luxury” experience at the dealership but I did most of the work online anyway and wasn’t expecting red carpet treatment at the dealership. The most important thing for me was the sales team, who I felt were respectful in answering my questions and made the process very easy.

This compared to a salesperson at another local dealership who, after my first question about pricing, suggested a lower trim in a condescending manner. I have been to that dealership in the past and it is much nicer than the one I purchased from; but the sales team lost the sale before I even walked through the doors.

·
Premium Member
17 Summit
543 Posts
I can't say the experience will improve, but around my neck of the woods many of the Jeep dealerships have separated from being combined with any of the other FCA brands (Chrysler, Dodge, or Ram) and now have their own building and service department. It's certainly a step in the right direction for the brand.

View attachment 231918
That’s looks nice! This would be a welcome change for sure, maybe CO is a test market for these standalone Jeep dealerships.

·
Premium Member
17 Summit
543 Posts
$60k+

I guess I’m spoiled since my sales and service experience I have with my X5 showed me the other side of what a real luxury car brings.

To each his own. If y’all are happy sitting in lawn chairs for the premium price tag you paid cool.

I’m not that loyal to Jeep, even after owning several. Jeep thinks they can continually charge us more, but do nothing on their end to elevate the sales and service experience overall. Seeing the standalone dealership above seems a step in the right direction, but they have a long way to go.

·
Super Moderator
9,498 Posts
Thing is, there are a whole lot of mainstream vehicles these days that breach that dollar amount...SUVs, Pickups, etc., and that's not a new thing. That ship sailed while ago. I'm certainly not disagreeing with you that customers should be taken care of a lot better than many are, but that shouldn't be related to the price paid, honestly, and $60K these days is likely a pretty stripped "luxury" vehicle from a so-called "luxury" brand, at least in the same size space as JGC.

Reactions: Aloha8
2561 - 2580 of 2837 Posts