Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

2581 - 2600 of 2837 Posts

·
Administrator
2018 Jeep Trackhawk
56,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,581
Imho its 100k plus but that's just this old *******.

Here's our new semi-local jeep stand alone store.

Attachments

Reactions: jr68

·
Premium Member
17 Summit
543 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,498 Posts

Love these new standalone Jeep dealerships, but wonder if Stellantis will have the same vision as FCA.
Yea, they do look sharp!

I think that the new folks are going to have to continue to fill the market gaps for the two leading "US" brands, Jeep and RAM, without forcing Dodge/Chrysler/Fiat/etc., in those same markets if there's little demand or interest. These stand alone stores are a good idea, IMHO, and I can see dealership organizations finding big appeal in adding them to existing brand footprints without having to take what they don't want/need. Personally, I'm not seeing a huge future for Dodge and Chrysler with the way vehicle preferences have swung...maybe combined into one brand for Pacifica, Charger and Challenger, but not both names. But I could be surprised..

·
Registered
57 Posts
Apparently your dealership experience is an anomaly because as we have stated many times most of us don’t get offered loaners and sure as hell wouldn’t get a rental. Sounds like you have a good dealer, so your experience hasn’t been tarnished by a lack of quality in customer service or repeat repairs, which many of us have.

Jeep needs to elevate the experience for those paying luxury car prices, or those that do care, unlike yourself, will cross-shop real luxury brands to get the whole package.
These are all valid points that JGCO_77 has made.

Depending on the dealership that you go to, the service experience (as well as the sales experience) can be day and night. The manufacturer (FCA; now Stellantis) is well aware of the situation and has done little to mitigate it. And I'm speaking from experience here since I have a point of contact in FCA's Executive office whom himself has told me switch from my local dealership. He's the same contact that initiated a buy-back of my 2015 GC which was mostly due to the dealership's inability to properly fix minor issues. I'm almost certain that if the service department had been better that the vehicle wouldn't have been lemon lawed.

Whether Jeep is a luxury brand or not, their products tend to go for a premium but yet their customer service isn't always reflective of such. Though I've had a good experience at Koons with Craig Benner as well as 1 of the 2 local dealerships by me, 1 of them is just plain awful (Security Dodge).

I'm not asking for lattes, exotic teas and croissants. I'm just asking for a service department to return my vehicle without a mechanic's oily hand-print on my grey-ski leather (it's happened) or a "cannot duplicate issue." And apparently it's not just myself since I see plenty of others complaining of similar silly issues. Hell, I once had a loaner vehicle that couldn't be driven out of state and the state line is no more than 30 miles away. I needed to work out-of-state that week and pleaded with the service manager. When you're ponying up $60-$65k for a Summit you expect better. Still, I'll be the first one to order a WL75 because for the money it's probably the best SUV around. Jeep building stand-a-lone sales/service buildings is a step in the right direction.

·
Registered
57 Posts
These are all valid points that JGCO_77 has made.

Depending on the dealership that you go to, the service experience (as well as the sales experience) can be day and night. The manufacturer (FCA; now Stellantis) is well aware of the situation and has done little to mitigate it. And I'm speaking from experience here since I have a point of contact in FCA's Executive office whom himself has told me switch from my local dealership. He's the same contact that initiated a buy-back of my 2015 GC which was mostly due to the dealership's inability to properly fix minor issues. I'm almost certain that if the service department had been better that the vehicle wouldn't have been lemon lawed.

Whether Jeep is a luxury brand or not, their products tend to go for a premium but yet their customer service isn't always reflective of such. Though I've had a good experience at Koons with Craig Benner as well as 1 of the 2 local dealerships by me, 1 of them is just plain awful (Security Dodge).

I'm not asking for lattes, exotic teas and croissants. I'm just asking for a service department to return my vehicle without a mechanic's oily hand-print on my grey-ski leather (it's happened). And apparently it's not just myself since I see plenty of others complaining of similar silly issues. Hell, I once had a loaner vehicle that couldn't be driven out of state and the state line is no more than 30 miles away. I needed to work out-of-state that week and pleaded with the service manager. When you're ponying up $60-$65k for a Summit you expect better. Still, I'll be the first one to order a WL75 because for the money it's probably the best SUV around. Jeep building stand-a-lone sales/service buildings is a step in the right direction.
I want to stress my good experience with Craig Benner here. I've talked to him twice about the WL75 and what Koons plans to do for JG customers and the group buy. Though I have a CDI and can probably get the same deal no matter what dealership, I still plan to order from Koons since their sales experience is IMO top notch.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Imho its 100k plus but that's just this old ***.

Here's our new semi-local jeep stand alone store.
The Germans have raised their pricing considerably; however, they offer great leasing and a lot of incentives. I think many of the Summit owners that lease could probably get an X5 for the money. That X5 won't be as well equipped, but it does offer the service experience that some of us find lacking. The SRT is a total different ballgame when compared to the X5M in pricing.

I personally will stay with the GC because I love the styling and like being unrestricted by weather conditions. I'm also a fan of FCA's technology suite and UConnect. But I do want Stellantis to improve their QC and service depts.

·
Premium Member
3,368 Posts
I personally will stay with the GC because I love the styling and like being unrestricted by weather conditions.
Do you have issues with the X5 because of weather conditions? Just wondering.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I don't have an X5. I believe JGCO_77 has one. If I had to guess, I would think the X5 is pretty capable in the bad weather including snow. I'm just a Jeep man and prefer it over an X5. I bet BMW gives great service and all but I'll pass.

·
Registered
Subaru Legacy STIEVO
2,038 Posts
So are we renaming it or how? And to what?

Chief Of Cherokee Nation Says It's Time For Jeep To Find Another Name For The Grand Cherokee

NOTE - I personally feel this renaming/removing along with the "cancel culture" is getting a bit out of hand. There's names or associations that are clearly derogatory (i.e. Washington Redskins) and others that basically appealing to the opposite emotions: majestic, upscale (the best of that particular brand) such as the Grand Cherokee. Someone, some day, will propose renaming the District of Columbia and Washington DC to something less vilified and not associated with someone who brought about slavery and disease or someone who owned slaves for half a century.

·
Registered
62 Posts
, huge pano sun roof, Quadralift, etc. in the WK2 and it all works without fail.
I would say the huge pano sunroof isnt all that great. I am having issues with my sunroof shade. It has ripped off from the side stitching, and will not open period anymore. I have contacted a few sunroof repair places, all but one will not do it as its been known to fail again. And the one that will do it, will charge over $2500 to replace, but i must sign a form to waive warranty of the product (not craftsmanship) because its a 50/50 failure. They have said that most jeep (audi and benz) owners with the issue opt to remove the shade and tint the sunroof darker so they can still access the sunroof. I have not taken it to Jeep yet, as they dont really have techs that do interior work, they are techs that do minor maintenance, not big projects. Be nice if @JeepCares would know more about this failure and the concern.

So i would say without fail. When it fails, its pricey.

·
Premium Member
17 Summit
543 Posts

Chief Of Cherokee Nation Says It's Time For Jeep To Find Another Name For The Grand Cherokee

NOTE - I personally feel this renaming/removing along with the "cancel culture" is getting a bit out of hand. There's names or associations that are clearly derogatory (i.e. Washington Redskins) and others that basically appealing to the opposite emotions: majestic, upscale (the best of that particular brand) such as the Grand Cherokee. Someone, some day, will propose renaming the District of Columbia and Washington DC to something less vilified and not associated with someone who brought about slavery and disease or someone who owned slaves for half a century.
I’m not surprised - figured this was coming down the line at some point. Pretty damn stupid

·
Registered
86 Posts

0BEDA459-72F9-4EB0-8F1B-9EA1ABB79A83.png

·
Registered
62 Posts
I have an X5 as well as a GC overland. I prefer both for different reasons. I have no issues with the X5 in the snow, rain, mud, sand etc. I dont take if 'off roading' or even camping, but for the daily items i do with it, it has been great. I have no complaints on the vehicle. I like both for different reasons. They are both daily driven and both will be getting upgraded in the near future with the next iteration of each platform.

GC Overland is a 2014 and the X5 is a 2017. The tech is much better in the X5, but it is newer so I do expect that. The ride is also smoother in the X5 but I also expected that as well. Room wise, both are cramped in the rear and cargo (without looking at specs) goes to the GC.

·
Registered
2014 Summit 5.7 4wd 20" tires swapped to 18", added all skid plates
2,307 Posts

I'm OK with this. I think it's being done properly. There was no rancor expressed by the Chief. He quite reasonably said, in my view at least, that times have changed and it wasn't intended to be offensive when it was chosen years ago and it's not being used in any offensive way now... but times have changed and perhaps this is a good time to be phasing it out. It's not like car names don't come and go so from that standpoint it's par for the course. Jeep could leverage off this if they do it right and get a ton for FREE and GOOD publicity and it could be a win-win for everyone, unlike how many of these "name" problems play out. Have a contest for a new name, do some kind of celebration together with the Indian nations with a ceremonial burying of the old name assuming the Indians are OK with something like that. When the new Name is chosen and one of them rolls off the assembly line give it to the Cherokee nation. These things usually piss me off but this on seems like it's got the potential to be done the right way.

·
Premium Member
17 Summit
543 Posts
I'm OK with this. I think it's being done properly. There was no rancor expressed by the Chief. He quite reasonably said, in my view at least, that times have changed and it wasn't intended to be offensive when it was chosen years ago and it's not being used in any offensive way now... but times have changed and perhaps this is a good time to be phasing it out. It's not like car names don't come and go so from that standpoint it's par for the course. Jeep could leverage off this if they do it right and get a ton for FREE and GOOD publicity and it could be a win-win for everyone, unlike how many of these "name" problems play out. Have a contest for a new name, do some kind of celebration together with the Indian nations with a ceremonial burying of the old name assuming the Indians are OK with something like that. When the new Name is chosen and one of them rolls off the assembly line give it to the Cherokee nation. These things usually piss me off but this on seems like it's got the potential to be done the right way.
As a society we need to grow a pair and stop being so offended all of the damn time. Where does it end honestly? Let’s just rename it Homer, so at least people get a laugh, but we may offend Family Guy fans, so gotta watch out - lol

·
Registered
2014 Summit 5.7 4wd 20" tires swapped to 18", added all skid plates
2,307 Posts
As a society we need to grow a pair and stop being so offended all of the damn time. Where does it end honestly? Let’s just rename it Homer, so at least people get a laugh, but we may offend Family Guy fans, so gotta watch out - lol
What's different as I see this is that the Chief isn't alleging offense. That's why this one doesn't bother me. I would say this is where it should begin and then end, with people saying I'm not offended, I'm not accusing you of being a bad person, but it still feels like something that could be done differently so how about we work together.

·
Registered
Subaru Legacy STIEVO
2,038 Posts
I think Name Recognition is an important aspect to be considered. Again, what's in a name? By any other name a rose would smell as sweet and I don't think any of us buy a Grand Cherokee because it is associated with the Natives. But when people hear Grand Cherokee, they immediately associate it with a type of capable car that is positioned at the top of the food chain. Jeep/Daimler/
FCA/Stellantis combined spent decades to move this vehicle upscale and part of that will be lost.

If you were suddenly in the market would you buy a Jeep Drake or a Jeep Jessica and cross-shop it against a Range Rover Discovery? If you were going on family road trip vacations and you are in the market for a minivan, would you buy a Kia Sedona or a Kia Carnival ?

·
Premium Member
17 Summit
543 Posts
I think Name Recognition is an important aspect to be considered. Again, what's in a name? By any other name a rose would smell as sweet and I don't think any of us buy a Grand Cherokee because it is associated with the Natives. But when people hear Grand Cherokee, they immediately associate it with a type of capable car that is positioned at the top of the food chain. Jeep/Daimler/
FCA/Stellantis combined spent decades to move this vehicle upscale and part of that will be lost.

If you were suddenly in the market would you buy a Jeep Drake or a Jeep Jessica and cross-shop it against a Range Rover Discovery? If you were going on family road trip vacations and you are in the market for a minivan, would you buy a Kia Sedona or a Kia Carnival ?
Let’s steal the name Telluride - Jeep Telluride actually sounds kinda cool. Think Kia would mind? Haha

2581 - 2600 of 2837 Posts