Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

3441 - 3460 of 3559 Posts

·
Premium Member
17 Summit
609 Posts
Oh man, the SRT in Ivory with black wheels and black interior is my dream. Please post pics and tag me when you get it.
Thanks and will do sarvdan!

I’ll still be lurking around the WL forum out of sheer curiosity - lol

I decided to pull the trigger on the 21 SRT since I think they will be closer to $80k to start on the 23 model, think this is my last opportunity to own a brand new Jeep SRT before Dodge consumes that moniker and not even sure the 6.4L will make it - could be looking at a twin-turbo 6 scenario instead by that time or something to that effect.

I’ve wanted one of these since my first GC a decade ago, so timing just felt right

·
Registered
9 Posts
Overland is now $60k on the L - looking at around $69k for a loaded Summit.
sure with hemi reserve pro tech macintosh. My point was, option a platinum and a summit the same way, they both come in at 60k. To be exact, the summit is 61280 and the explorer platinum is 59510. So not exactly 60 but in the same ballpark. I would pay that difference for the higher 4wd capabilities and tow rating.

Both of my posts are i response to the fact that folks are thinking the pricing is crazy, i'm just not sure it is that far off of others.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Fully loaded summit reserve with pro and lux package prices about 83.5k CAD and high end Lincoln aviator reserve ii is 87.5k. if Jeep does not have deep discount by the end year, I probably go for aviator

·
Registered
2018 VW Atlas Execline
132 Posts
Fully loaded summit reserve with pro and lux package prices about 83.5k CAD and high end Lincoln aviator reserve ii is 87.5k. if Jeep does not have deep discount by the end year, I probably go for aviator
Out of curiosity, why would you go with the Aviator. If its a price thing, the L is already 4k cheaper and you would only get it if there are further discounts. In your opinion, what do you think is worth paying extra for on the Aviator?

PS also sent you a private message[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
2018 VW Atlas Execline
132 Posts

·
Registered
2018 VW Atlas Execline
132 Posts
At the Atlanta show, you mentioned the grey you saw was "very grey". Was it as light at the image you posted? The build and price simulated image shows it as follows and calling it "steel grey":
View attachment 233799

The simulated wicker beige shows up as follows:
View attachment 233800

I think both the colors look good in the images - but we'll need some actual shots in order to know for certain. I like the darker grey from the build and price better than the almost ivory white that we have been seeing in marketing materials.
Kind of coming back to my own post here, but I am no closer to understanding what the beige or grey look like in real life. We have a real photo from the Overland that was in Atlanta (but the rep had no idea which color this was).

And the screen shots from the online build and price show the steel grey and wicker beige as follows below. All 3 are completely different to my eye and I honestly cant say which color the real life one above is supposed to be as per the below images :rolleyes::rolleyes:. I am almost leaning to the above being wicker beige

·
Registered
26 Posts
After configuring both a Summit and Overland, I’m now wondering if the better looking trim is the Overland.

The wheels definitely look more modern on the Overland and the front grill may give it a more complete package.

My last WK2 was a Summit and I’m now used to all its features. Hoping the Summit Reserve’s 21 inch wheels help change my opinion.
View attachment 233811 View attachment 233812
I'm with you, prefer the wheels and grill. An Overland with 10.1"(which includes the 19 speaker McIntosh system), Advanced ProTech 3 and Lux Tech 4 comes in at the same price as a Summit with Advanced ProTech 4, Lux Tech 5 without the 19 speaker McIntosh!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Out of curiosity, why would you go with the Aviator. If its a price thing, the L is already 4k cheaper and you would only get it if there are further discounts. In your opinion, what do you think is worth paying extra for on the Aviator?

PS also sent you a private message
[/QUOTE]
Lincoln is lux brand but I don't think Jeep is, tho price is like lux. Aviator has T3.0 standard with 400hp, dynamic handling pkg included in the priced quoted above, interior looks better than GCL, will need to see GCL arrival in dealer to confirm this point. Aviator have 30 way seat plus revel audio which is also great. I personally like aviator's interior and engine but like more boxier GCL exterior. GCL is longer than Avi and really hope to provide a little bit more 3th row leg room.

·
Registered
105 Posts
sure with hemi reserve pro tech macintosh. My point was, option a platinum and a summit the same way, they both come in at 60k. To be exact, the summit is 61280 and the explorer platinum is 59510. So not exactly 60 but in the same ballpark. I would pay that difference for the higher 4wd capabilities and tow rating.

Both of my posts are i response to the fact that folks are thinking the pricing is crazy, i'm just not sure it is that far off of others.
How many Platinum Ford Explorers are seen driving around. Not many from my perspective and wouldn't touch one with a ten foot pole. Not to mention, wouldn't be surprised if they are knocking 10k of MSRP to get them out the door.

Reactions: mrtracey

·
Registered
249 Posts
Lincoln is lux brand but I don't think Jeep is, tho price is like lux. Aviator has T3.0 standard with 400hp, dynamic handling pkg included in the priced quoted above, interior looks better than GCL, will need to see GCL arrival in dealer to confirm this point. Aviator have 30 way seat plus revel audio which is also great. I personally like aviator's interior and engine but like more boxier GCL exterior. GCL is longer than Avi and really hope to provide a little bit more 3th row leg room.
[/QUOTE]

I like the Aviator, but the problems so many owners are experiencing are certainly causing me to be cautious in considering it too heavily. I am hoping they can be sorted out by the time I buy (same with any issues with GCL), but I guess I have less confidence in Ford, overall.

While I HATE the infotainment in the Lexus LX, I have contemplated buying one because it is on the few vehicles I believe would largely be trouble free. It is comfortable and gets moving, but the price is absurd relative to outdated design and technology.

I am also hoping Genesis extends their dealer network to areas that currently lack dealers because I really like the GV80, overall. But, I do not want to own a brand where the nearest dealer is 2.5-3 hours away.

Reactions: mrtracey

·
Premium Member
134 Posts
How many Platinum Ford Explorers are seen driving around. Not many from my perspective and wouldn't touch one with a ten foot pole. Not to mention, wouldn't be surprised if they are knocking 10k of MSRP to get them out the door.
^^^^^ This. For MY2021, Ford had to cut pricing of the Explorer because it was overpriced and not selling well. Kia and Hyundai ate its lunch and offered a better product for less (outside of that 3.0T).

My 2015 WK2 Limited with Lux II package was $45k. This is what they want now for a similarly equipped Limited. No wonder the Overland is pricey.
E729D09D-B555-43FE-B140-C8EC23204852.jpeg

·
Registered
Subaru Legacy STIEVO
2,074 Posts
^^^^^ This. For MY2021, Ford had to cut pricing of the Explorer because it was overpriced and not selling well. Kia and Hyundai ate its lunch and offered a better product for less (outside of that 3.0T).

My 2015 WK2 Limited with Lux II package was $45k. This is what they want now for a similarly equipped Limited. No wonder the Overland is pricey.
Quit complaining and spare a tear for me instead. My 2014 Limited with the Luxury, Off-Road and Adv. Tech package stickered for 46,680 (and was certainly better optioned than a barebones Overland that did not come with Active cruise control but hey it had stitching on the seats, a leather dashboard which would later come apart and puddle lights). That equivalent vehicle is not even possible, in fact, for the Overland that would have that equivalent equipment I would be paying more than $17,000 extra. I would be OK with 7 - 10 at most (including the hybrid engine). But come on these prices are insane. And when you think they want the Wagoneer to be even more expensive ?

At this point I wonder if getting a CPO Summit or Overland THEN customizing it with skid plates and other goodies is not the cheaper option.

·
Super Moderator
9,693 Posts
What's with the fact that now you have to pay $345 extra to have any other color than white? And you tell me that they aren't screwing us.
It bites, but it's also not uncommon these days with a number of vehicle brands.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Look at the details, it includes the speaker system upgrade as well that’s like 14xx on the summit.
Except that if you click on "more info" for the speaker upgrade, it says Harman Kardon, not McIntosh:

19 Speaker High-Performance Audio
ADD
$1,495
This 19-speaker premium sound system features an innovative Harman Kardon® 19-Speaker Audio System, an efficient speaker design and a subwoofer so you can experience intense surround sound.

·
Premium Member
134 Posts
Quit complaining and spare a tear for me instead. My 2014 Limited with the Luxury, Off-Road and Adv. Tech package stickered for 46,680 (and was certainly better optioned than a barebones Overland that did not come with Active cruise control but hey it had stitching on the seats, a leather dashboard which would later come apart and puddle lights). That equivalent vehicle is not even possible, in fact, for the Overland that would have that equivalent equipment I would be paying more than $17,000 extra. I would be OK with 7 - 10 at most (including the hybrid engine). But come on these prices are insane. And when you think they want the Wagoneer to be even more expensive ?

At this point I wonder if getting a CPO Summit or Overland THEN customizing it with skid plates and other goodies is not the cheaper option.
Spare a tear for you? From the same guy whining about pricing in his posts! Hmmm.

It’s pretty common knowledge that a bare bones Overland has as much if not less equipment as a fully equipped Limited. But what you can get on an Overland (WK2) that you can’t get on a Limited Lux II in addition to what you listed is: body color fender flares and XM antenna; ivory paint; dual exhaust (unless you opt for the Hemi or have a 2014 3.6); real wood on the dash and steering wheel; and power folding mirrors.

Now with the WL75, I’m not certain of all the differences just yet, but the Overland just looks better particularly with the exhaust tips in the rear bumper.

I agree with you on Wagoneer pricing. But I could tell you to also stop complaining about it and suck it up. See how that works? ;)

·
Registered
704 Posts
If you check out their forums there are a tremendous amount of quality issues with Lincoln. Whether it is a lux brand vs the Summit is a personal choice but I wouldn’t touch it with a barge pole until they get their act together. Having said that I wouldn’t touch the first year of the WL74 or WL75 either just on principal with the inevitable teething problems that will arise but I’m sure Jeep will make good on them. I was one of the first ‘14 Summits off the line as Jim and Sno will attest and a witness to what early adopters will experience.

·
Registered
Subaru Legacy STIEVO
2,074 Posts
It’s pretty common knowledge that a bare bones Overland has as much if not less equipment as a fully equipped Limited. But what you can get on an Overland (WK2) that you can’t get on a Limited Lux II in addition to what you listed is: body color fender flares and XM antenna; ivory paint; dual exhaust (unless you opt for the Hemi or have a 2014 3.6); real wood on the dash and steering wheel; and power folding mirrors.
I hate wood color - whether it is the buttstock on a rifle or shotgun, a knife handle, a bed frame or furniture in general or a steering wheel. The wood steering wheel is slippery when wet. Black car - black but unpainted plastic fenders. Hmmm. Got the XM Antenna (came with the 8.4 AN radio), got the dual exhaust (2014 Pentastar). But yes I fold my mirrors manually like all other plebeians - they're my folk anyways :cool:

Come on man, this pricing on the 2021 WL is shit and we both agree on that.

·
Registered
8 Posts
If you check out their forums there are a tremendous amount of quality issues with Lincoln. Whether it is a lux brand vs the Summit is a personal choice but I wouldn’t touch it with a barge pole until they get their act together. Having said that I wouldn’t touch the first year of the WL74 or WL75 either just on principal with the inevitable teething problems that will arise but I’m sure Jeep will make good on them. I was one of the first ‘14 Summits off the line as Jim and Sno will attest and a witness to what early adopters will experience.
[/QUOTE]
Agreed. I will lease one of them probably

·
Premium Member
17 Summit
609 Posts
Thanks and will do sarvdan!

I’ll still be lurking around the WL forum out of sheer curiosity - lol

I decided to pull the trigger on the 21 SRT since I think they will be closer to $80k to start on the 23 model, think this is my last opportunity to own a brand new Jeep SRT before Dodge consumes that moniker and not even sure the 6.4L will make it - could be looking at a twin-turbo 6 scenario instead by that time or something to that effect.

I’ve wanted one of these since my first GC a decade ago, so timing just felt right
Better get your hands on a V8 while you still can if that suits your fancy. I know this specifically mentions Dodge, but imagine this is the direction Stellantis is heading across the line-up.

“Dodge's burly, large V8 engines have helped lift sales at the struggling marque and attract buyers who demand insane horsepower and thrilling speeds. Its 2021 Durango SRT Hellcat SUV, "the most powerful SUV ever," can easily whip the competition: A supercharged 6.2-liter Hemi Hellcat V8 engine delivers 710 horses and 645 lb.-ft. of torque. Loyalists were stunned when Dodge CEO Tim Kuniskis declared last month that V8s no longer have a place in the "Golden Age of muscle cars."

"The days of an iron block supercharged 6.2-liter V8 are numbered," Kuniskis told CNBC on Jan. 26. "They’re absolutely numbered because of all the compliance costs. But the performance that those vehicles generate is not numbered."”

3441 - 3460 of 3559 Posts