Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

3461 - 3480 of 3559 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit 3.6L 4x2
1,611 Posts
When we bought ours, we shopped around various Mopar warranty sellers then leveraged the lowest price to our selling dealer. They matched that price as part of our package, along with free front window tinting👍

Given all our issues with being an early adopter of our 2014 JGC ED, I would be very leery of being an early.adopter of the WL platform. Which waswhy we traded it in for a 2020 JGC V6.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Oh Dear God,

Prices are insane. The names of the packages are confusingly idiotic. And Stellantis isabout $7,500+ out of touch with their market position and customer base.

View attachment 233805

View attachment 233806

V6 engines.
LEFT - Limited with 10.1 inches of pleasure screen, Lux Tech and Trailer Tow
RIGHT - Overland with 10.1 inches of manly screen, Advanced Pro Tech Group III, Luxury Tech Group IV and Off Road Group

I do not care for Luxury Tech IV but I would like the Advanced Pro Tech Group III. But you cannot have the Advanced Pro Tech group without the Luxury Tech Group IV though you can have Lux Tech Gr 4 by itself. So if you lust for off road goodies, you must fork to an Overland, or $60,000. You could take a position that 2 inches don't matter, and settle for the 8.4 " screen and still have the same packages, which I find it weird. You'd think at that price point, at least your inches are longer screen is bigger, but no.

Hybrid Overland will be likely $70,000 as I correctly anticipated 3000 posts ago.

P.S. I am blessed with Lifetime Warranty on my 2014. I will enjoy it a long long time.
These guys forgot they were selling a jeep.

·
Premium Member
134 Posts
I hate wood color - whether it is the buttstock on a rifle or shotgun, a knife handle, a bed frame or furniture in general or a steering wheel. The wood steering wheel is slippery when wet. Black car - black but unpainted plastic fenders. Hmmm. Got the XM Antenna (came with the 8.4 AN radio), got the dual exhaust (2014 Pentastar). But yes I fold my mirrors manually like all other plebeians - they're my folk anyways :cool:

Come on man, this pricing on the 2021 WL is shit and we both agree on that.
I’m in total agreement. Pricing is high.

Having had both a Summit and a Limited Lux II, the sweet spot for the WK2 is a fully equipped Limited even if it‘s missing some Overland features. Not so certain this will be the case for the WL75.

·
Registered
29 Posts
^^^^^ This. For MY2021, Ford had to cut pricing of the Explorer because it was overpriced and not selling well. Kia and Hyundai ate its lunch and offered a better product for less (outside of that 3.0T).

My 2015 WK2 Limited with Lux II package was $45k. This is what they want now for a similarly equipped Limited. No wonder the Overland is pricey. View attachment 233831
Did Ford cut the price of the 2021 Explorer ST as well? The Explorer ST is Ford‘s answer to the Grand Cherokee SRT, right?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Spare a tear for you? From the same guy whining about pricing in his posts! Hmmm.

It’s pretty common knowledge that a bare bones Overland has as much if not less equipment as a fully equipped Limited. But what you can get on an Overland (WK2) that you can’t get on a Limited Lux II in addition to what you listed is: body color fender flares and XM antenna; ivory paint; dual exhaust (unless you opt for the Hemi or have a 2014 3.6); real wood on the dash and steering wheel; and power folding mirrors.

Now with the WL75, I’m not certain of all the differences just yet, but the Overland just looks better particularly with the exhaust tips in the rear bumper.

I agree with you on Wagoneer pricing. But I could tell you to also stop complaining about it and suck it up. See how that works? ;)
I sure do wish they would offer Ivory paint on all trims. It’s by far my favorite color, but it’s only offered on Overland and up. Overlands are nice, but they don’t come with a hitch cover and that drives me crazy. I think that just ruins the look of the rear of the car.

·
Super Moderator
9,693 Posts
Overlands are nice, but they don’t come with a hitch cover and that drives me crazy. I think that just ruins the look of the rear of the car.
For WK2, the only ones with the cover are the High Altitude (which is an Overland) and the Summit. It will be interesting to see if that continues with WL

·
Premium Member
134 Posts
Did Ford cut the price of the 2021 Explorer ST as well? The Explorer ST is Ford‘s answer to the Grand Cherokee SRT, right?
Ford cut the pricing on the ST by $2k give or take.

The ST is in a weird category. It’s faster than an RT (think 5.7 Hemi) but slower than an SRT (6.4 Hemi). Though supposedly there’s aftermarket mods to make it faster than an SRT.

·
Premium Member
134 Posts
I sure do wish they would offer Ivory paint on all trims. It’s by far my favorite color, but it’s only offered on Overland and up. Overlands are nice, but they don’t come with a hitch cover and that drives me crazy. I think that just ruins the look of the rear of the car.
Looks like the rear bumpers are both the same on the WL75 Overland and Summit trims. If so, perhaps the WL75 Overland will have a hitch cover this time around.

Ivory is a sweet color. I wonder when it will be offered as an option on the WLs.

·
Premium Member
17 Summit
609 Posts
Ford cut the pricing on the ST by $2k give or take.

The ST is in a weird category. It’s faster than an RT (think 5.7 Hemi) but slower than an SRT (6.4 Hemi). Though supposedly there’s aftermarket mods to make it faster than an SRT.
And then aftermarket mods can be added to the SRT in turn to make it faster too - haha. The never-ending horsepower battle

·
Registered
2012 WK2 LTD 5.7 ORA II
292 Posts
For WK2, the only ones with the cover are the High Altitude (which is an Overland) and the Summit. It will be interesting to see if that continues with WL
My 2012 Limited came with a hitch cover. Thought they all did. Guess I’ll have to take mine off when I trade it in.

·
Super Moderator
9,693 Posts
My 2012 Limited came with a hitch cover. Thought they all did. Guess I’ll have to take mine off when I trade it in.
The MY12 Overland Summit that I owned did not come with a hitch cover...AFAIK, they didn't come into being until the MY14 Summit debuted.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Has anyone with an order in for an L gotten an update on when it’s arriving at your dealership?
I have not. I am thinking the date will be moved again. I was thinking June or July when we get our vehicles. I wish I ordered the V8 if I knew I’d be waiting this long anyway. I’m thinking it’s the chip shortage or some other issue not yet disclosed.

·
Premium Member
22 Posts
I was wondering if they’d accept the Tread Lightly affiliate code on the WL. Great news, all I need now is to be able to order the WL74!
I just called the Affiliate line as their website does not specify the Grand Cherokee L as a vehicle available nor excluded. They confirmed that since no dealers have any on the lot to start selling their program rules will not be updated. The person I spoke with on the phone was not able to confirm/deny that the Affiliate control numbers will be eligible at this time and for me to check back when I start to see dealerships have the WL available for sell. I don't mind supporting Tread Lightly and love what they do, so if the control number does not work that is fine as I supported them with my membership. It just means that I need to go back to my dealer and discuss pricing (they originally offered invoice pricing).

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have not. I am thinking the date will be moved again. I was thinking June or July when we get our vehicles. I wish I ordered the V8 if I knew I’d be waiting this long anyway. I’m thinking it’s the chip shortage or some other issue not yet disclosed.
dealer emailed me today, DC area, said they do not expect their orders in until late may/early june. Which i would interpret as June/July given the delays so far.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Canada is live but no option for Hemi. $83,375 for a Summit Reserve. So assuming about $4K for the Hemi will put it somewhere between $87 and $88K plus taxes. It will be interesting to see how much they will move on prices. Problem is all that chrome, I just can't get over it. And the wood is too much as well. I would prefer dark wood or something other than what I would call "old man wood". I am fairly old (mid 40's) but I feel that Jeep has really targeted a much older crowd with all the chrome and wood. It is just too much imo. I know others like that sort of thing, but I prefer the understated look. And German's have been doing that (or at least giving the option) for 10+ years. I just don't know why Jeep can't. I am so far in the disappointed group as well. :(

·
Registered
50 Posts
Can't edit my post, but it is worth noting that in Canada anyway, the Summit Reserve (with estimated cost of Hemi) is about $2K more than a loaded Lincoln Aviator. Now I haven't driven either, but that is definitely pushing it. And I know you can easily get $8K off the Aviator. Not sure what Jeep will be doing on the GCL yet.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Can't edit my post, but it is worth noting that in Canada anyway, the Summit Reserve (with estimated cost of Hemi) is about $2K more than a loaded Lincoln Aviator. Now I haven't driven either, but that is definitely pushing it. And I know you can easily get $8K off the Aviator. Not sure what Jeep will be doing on the GCL yet.
Let me know which dealer could give you 8k off for aviator. I would be interested in further discussing. If GCL could not offer at least 10k off by end year, I probably go for Lincoln

3461 - 3480 of 3559 Posts