Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

3761 - 3780 of 3935 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Quite the product launch!
Those who ordered a 2021 GCL will be taking delivery of their new vehicle a few months before customers of other brands are driving off in their 2022 model year vehicles-GREAT JOB JEEP! I’m waiting and saving for a Trackhawk but the more I follow this debacle, the less expectations I have of it becoming a reality. Also following the Ford Raptor R with the supercharged V8 but it’s not so much the dream vehicle that the Trackhawk would be.

·
Super Moderator
9,787 Posts
Jeep only released WL-75 as a 2021 to do a soft introduction and get the new factory working up to snuff. Since the 3-row was unique, they could do that while still producing "WK2" normally next door for the 2-row which was already a MY21 since last summer. WL, "in general", is really focused on MY22.

·
Registered
20 Posts
This is becoming more and more frustrating.

The announcement was 5 months ago and the rumors hinted at the launch being in March then it became April then pushed back to May > June > and now we hope it is mid-June.

It seems that Jeep launching too many new products at the same time is slowing things down and dividing their resources.

What frustrates me the most is that not a single professional review whether a video or an article has been released so far yet people, desperately, are ordering the GC-L based on official photos and enthusiasts' videos from the auto shows.

·
Registered
Overland
50 Posts

The announcement was 5 months ago and the rumors hinted at the launch being in March then it became April then pushed back to May > June > and now we hope it is mid-June.

It seems that Jeep launching too many new products at the same time is slowing things down and dividing their resources.

What frustrates me the most is that not a single professional review whether a video or an article has been released so far yet people, desperately, are ordering this thing based on official photos and enthusiasts' videos from the auto shows.
I’m with you 100% and if there was a comparable vehicle with the same feature set at a similar price point I would have bailed already. 3 row, w/night vision (we live in a rural area with hundreds of deer collisions every year), that I can take on the beach for 66K isn’t to be found elsewhere. Cmon jeeep. I read on this thread that the reviewers are all being flown to Michigan as we speak for their reviews and the release dates for those videos should be this week.

·
Registered
55 Posts

What frustrates me the most is that not a single professional review whether a video or an article has been released so far yet people, desperately, are ordering the GC-L based on official photos and enthusiasts' videos from the auto shows.
I was saying this same thing the other day. We all keep thinking it’s just around the corner but it’s been quite a moving target. I am probably moving on to an X7.

·
Registered
2012 WK2 LTD 5.7 ORA II
295 Posts
I’d be more than upset if I was waiting for a 2021 L to be delivered then the 2022’s roll in at the end of the year. That’s one year depreciation. I don’t buy the soft release story. Introduce it or hold off if your not ready. Fortunately the WL 74’s will will be a 2022 model year whenever they arrive.

·
Registered
2012 WK2 LTD 5.7 ORA II
295 Posts
I’d be more than upset if I was waiting for a 2021 L to be delivered then the 2022’s roll in at the end of the year. That’s one year depreciation. I don’t buy the soft release story. If it’s not ready don’t release it. Fortunately the WL 74’s will will be a 2022 model

·
Registered
423 Posts
You know full well that that will happen. The 2022 will be along shortly. I will wait.

·
Premium Member
195 Posts
Oddly enough, all of the WLs that I‘ve personally seen at dealers in New York are now gone.

If the WL75 is not on sale yet, I wonder where did these vehicles go. I went back for a 2nd look but it was too late. I wonder if the manufacturer made the dealers place them back in storage.

·
Premium Member
3,399 Posts
Stellantis Brands:
  • Abarth
  • Alfa Romeo
  • Chrysler
  • Citroen
  • Dodge
  • DS
  • Fiat
  • Jeep
  • Lancia
  • Maserati
  • Opel
  • Peugeot
  • Ram
  • Vauxhall
Maybe they've bitten off a little more than they can chew at one time.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Hmm...do we need to get into discussion of chip shortages and how many millions of vehicles have not hit dealer lots because of it? Ford, for example, has THOUSANDS of F-150s just sitting in parking lots they own because they are missing required chips. Ford certainly is not alone in this and the shortage seems to be worsening, not getting better. A lot of manufacturers are just sending vehicles to dealers as they can and in whatever configuration they please rather than allowing dealers to requests specific builds for general lot sales.

It appears the only manufacturers that seem to be able to get vehicles to dealers and end customers are those offering much lower production models...think Gensis's models, for example. They are available, but also selling nearly as quickly as they hit the lots.

Reactions: Lamb00j

·
Premium Member
195 Posts
So it may be true that dealers in the Northeast that received a WL75 to demo: (1) do not have them on display any longer; and/or (2) returned them to storage.

I guess they’re now awaiting Stellantis’s national rollout later this month. Can anyone confirm this? If so, I’m glad I was able to get a glimpse of the 3 that I did see (all of them black).

I searched high and low on a NJ lot this weekend for the white Limited that’s listed on Cars.com. Couldn’t find it.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Yeah I said that earlier. Only found out because of Raities Rides.
Thanks @TigerEye ! So just out of curiosity we think they are going to let these people show pics off before Jeep and their marketing team do the big reveal? I am all for it as we haven’t seen anything in so long but I just would be challenged to think they would let that happen … maybe more camo shots or “less camo” but still covered???

3761 - 3780 of 3935 Posts