Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

3801 - 3820 of 3935 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
I ordered a Summit Reserve for my wife.

Baltic Gray - Hemi - Palermo

Before ordering, I finally found it does have the Quadra Drive System standard. However I assume it does not have skid plates. Can anyone confirm that?

·
Super Moderator
9,787 Posts
Historically, skids were never "standard issue" on the Summit. Only Trailhawk and other trims with the Off Road Adventure packages got them from the factory. I suspect that any skids available for non-Summit trims will also bolt onto Summit. It would be very strange that the mounting points wouldn't be there as it would be uneconomical to have a "special" vehicle bottom for one trim.

·
Registered
2019 Grand Cherokee
89 Posts
What frustrates me the most is that not a single professional review whether a video or an article has been released so far yet people, desperately, are ordering the GC-L based on official photos and enthusiasts' videos from the auto shows.
Perhaps, Stellantis/Jeep spent too much money on a celebrity endorsement this year and is now using the “social media” enthusiast avenue for free exposure to recoup their losses. This seems to be working with the WL75. I’m not sure why they’re not teasing us with the WL74 this way. Even just a WL74 prototype review would bolster this thread to well beyond 200, 300 pages…

·
Registered
423 Posts
Did you guys notice the Summit kick plate on the Overland model tested in the above video. So much for quality control, especially with a vehicle that you give the press to show.

On another note, imo, way too much piano black trim throughout the vehicle. Even though, it's only wife and I, that will put my OCD in overdrive, between fingerprints and dust. God help anyone with kids.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Did you guys notice the Summit kick plate on the Overland model tested in the above video. So much for quality control, especially with a vehicle that you give the press to show.
I noticed that too! Definitely had me a bit confused and questioning my knowledge of the Grand Cherokee trim levels. Pretty sloppy and gotta wonder how this was missed.

Reactions: mrtracey

·
Premium Member
195 Posts
I noticed that too! Definitely had me a bit confused and questioning my knowledge of the Grand Cherokee trim levels. Pretty sloppy and gotta wonder how this was missed.
Welp, there technically was an Overland Summit back in 2011.

Maybe someone got stuck in time and forgot it‘s now 2021, not 2011.😆

·
Premium Member
2017 Summit
8,851 Posts
I saw a JEEP Kick plate when they opened the door. I couldn't make out Summit anywhere. ???

---

·
Premium Member
2017 Summit
8,851 Posts
Historically, skids were never "standard issue" on the Summit. Only Trailhawk and other trims with the Off Road Adventure packages got them from the factory. I suspect that any skids available for non-Summit trims will also bolt onto Summit. It would be very strange that the mounting points wouldn't be there as it would be uneconomical to have a "special" vehicle bottom for one trim.
I ordered my '17 Summit with skid plates. I think it was a $200 - $300 option. There might not have been many with skid plates on dealers lots.
Now I only see them listed in the off road package.

·
Super Moderator
9,787 Posts
Welp, there technically was an Overland Summit back in 2011.

Maybe someone got stuck in time and forgot it‘s now 2021, not 2011.😆
MY11-MY13 specifically. "Summit" was originally an optional package on Overland. It did not become a separate "trim" until MY14.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Whelp, “old and dated” looks a lot better than this currently nonexistent WL74.

Wouldn’t it be funny if this new WL74 design did not look better than the old, worn, and loved WK2 design?

LOL, then there’s “Rivian” 🤮
I was actually kidding, but I have been feeling a bit more optimistic lately that the WL isn't going to be butt ugly, which is a bit counter to how I felt initially, or more accurately, post initially. It will be hard to tell without actually seeing one in person. I'm much more interested in the two row. I'm not sure how much more my 2001 WJ has in it. I might be able to hold out until the WL2, but the chunks that are falling off are getting larger. Me and my dog actually played fetch with a piece over Memorial Day, then went to the vet for some tetanus shots. I was not a fan of the original WK, but over time it grew on me, a little.

·
Premium Member
2017 Summit
8,851 Posts
I was actually kidding, but I have been feeling a bit more optimistic lately that the WL isn't going to be butt ugly, which is a bit counter to how I felt initially, or more accurately, post initially. It will be hard to tell without actually seeing one in person. I'm much more interested in the two row. I'm not sure how much more my 2001 WJ has in it. I might be able to hold out until the WL2, but the chunks that are falling off are getting larger. Me and my dog actually played fetch with a piece over Memorial Day, then went to the vet for some tetanus shots. I was not a fan of the original WK, but over time it grew on me, a little.
If the initial reaction to the WK2 determined its popularity and sales potential, Jeep would be out of business today. All changes, even minor ones, take a little time to catch on.

Reactions: bov67

·
Registered
2019 Grand Cherokee
89 Posts
What may now seem to have been a solid hit out of the ballpark (WK2), the current run of bases due to infield/outfield errors may still yield a home run (WL75). Unfortunately, the WL74 is still in the locker room…

Hey, Stellantis, give us something, please!

·
Premium Member
195 Posts
A very thorough review with ride impressions has been posted, albeit in Spanish. Unsure if it breaks the embargo, but you may want to view before Stellantis makes YT take it down. Though I do not speak or know much Spanish, it was worth watching.

·
Premium Member
3,234 Posts
3801 - 3820 of 3935 Posts