Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
4321 - 4340 of 4382 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,956 Posts
The company has really kicked up TV advertising for the WL-75/JGC-L this week. I guess they feel ready to go and build interest over the broader market.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I'm waiting for the 2022 order banks to open so I can jump on the train. I was going to do a WL74, but my wife is pushing for three rows and she's apparently the boss.
This sounds like an opportunity to get reacquainted with your pimp hand.

• Haha
Reactions: mrtracey

·
Super Moderator
9,956 Posts
I'm waiting for the 2022 order banks to open so I can jump on the train. I was going to do a WL74, but my wife is pushing for three rows and she's apparently the boss.
Depending on the type of things you do in life, you may actually enjoy the greater interior space for "hauling stuff". That was a major criteria for me a few years ago, honestly. "Three-row" vehicles are not just for moving lots of people and many folks derive other advantages from them.

Reactions: RiseAgainst

·
Registered
8 Posts
Depending on the type of things you do in life, you may actually enjoy the greater interior space for "hauling stuff". That was a major criteria for me a few years ago, honestly. "Three-row" vehicles are not just for moving lots of people and many folks derive other advantages from them.
I'm warming to the idea, particularly because the captain seats are nice.

·
Registered
2019 Grand Cherokee
97 Posts
Stopped by Crown Dodge in Ventura California this morning. They have two Overland's and two Limited's. They are all marked up by $15k. Such cheesy tactics. Hopefully no one is that impulsive or foolish.
WHAT?!

Just $15K?

What’s wrong with them? They should mark them all up by at least $30K… after all, that is their prerogative.

The more mark up, the more respect they deserve for gouging off supply and demand.

Remember, the “S” in MSRP is simply just a suggestion…

I wonder if they throw in a free gimp mask to those they haul over a barrel?

7C270B00-3E92-46C9-98CA-6C3DB553DFE8.jpeg

·
Super Moderator
9,956 Posts
People still watch commercials? ;)
Yes, unless they pay to not be able to watch them. I don't pay for ad-free, so there are commercials during the morning news which is about the only thing I watch. (we are streaming only) The JGC-L ad(s) are actually pretty decent as ads go.

Reactions: f1anatic

·
Registered
Subaru Legacy STIEVO
2,104 Posts
Yes, unless they pay to not be able to watch them. I don't pay for ad-free, so there are commercials during the morning news which is about the only thing I watch. (we are streaming only) The JGC-L ad(s) are actually pretty decent as ads go.

I stopped paying for Cable and/or DirecTV a long time ago. Every year I navigate around for the cheapest Xfinity package. Between Netflix, Amazon Prime, OTA Local Channels, and crafty VPN work, I get all the news and shows I need and then some. I have an awesome dedicated computer that provides Quality of Service and Bandwidth Management (along with router, firewall, anti virus services etc), which, when paired with other settings in Microsoft Edge, ensure that I don't run over the allocated 1.2 monthly Terabytes. I totally do not need to stream anything in 4K, rarely at 1080p and usually at 480p, or 720p. Are my kids really going to benefit from Peppa Pig or Paw Patrol in 1080p .

·
Premium Member
3,242 Posts
I totally do not need to stream anything in 4K, rarely at 1080p and usually at 480p, or 720p. Are my kids really going to benefit from Peppa Pig or Paw Patrol in 1080p .
Dunno, supposedly the parents of this kid only had 720p and look what happened! .... LOL

Reactions: mrtracey

·
Premium Member
Dah! My Jeeps
825 Posts
WHAT?!

Just $15K?

What’s wrong with them? They should mark them all up by at least $30K… after all, that is their prerogative.

The more mark up, the more respect they deserve for gouging off supply and demand.

Remember, the “S” in MSRP is simply just a suggestion…

I wonder if they throw in a free gimp mask to those they haul over a barrel?

View attachment 235571
No need to get angry : )
When there is not demand and we get a new Jeep for invoice we don't get angry at supply and demand economics so it is only fair that we accept when the shoe is on the other foot.
I never bought a vehicle over MSRP and will never buy one, I'll wait and get it when I can...

Reactions: Porknbeans

·
Registered
327 Posts
No need to get angry : )
When there is not demand and we get a new Jeep for invoice we don't get angry at supply and demand economics so it is only fair that we accept when the shoe is on the other foot.
I never bought a vehicle over MSRP and will never buy one, I'll wait and get it when I can...
I agree. I'm not buying for over MSRP so if the dealership wants to charge that, go for it and good luck finding a buyer.

·
Super Moderator
9,956 Posts
I agree. I'm not buying for over MSRP so if the dealership wants to charge that, go for it and good luck finding a buyer.
While I also wouldn't pay MSRP...I'm a percent off invoice kind of buyer...the current market is what it is and they will sell every one they get at the prices they are asking.

·
Registered
327 Posts
While I also wouldn't pay MSRP...I'm a percent off invoice kind of buyer...the current market is what it is and they will sell every one they get at the prices they are asking.
I'm just happy I'm not in a position where I need to get in to a new/used car at the moment.

·
Super Moderator
9,956 Posts
I'm just happy I'm not in a position where I need to get in to a new/used car at the moment.
Yes, I really do feel bad for folks who "must" buy right now for whatever reason. On another vehicle forum that I also help with, a community member was just in that situation...old vehicle was totalled a while back (other party at fault...), but because they were working from home, it wasn't an issue. Now they are faced with both spouses having to return to the office in a few weeks and only one vehicle. There was no way to do much with negotiation due to supply so they had to bite the bullet and do what they had to do. Fortunately, 0% financing was available for the particular vehicle, so that mitigated a little bit of the sting. Used vehicle prices are sky high, too, so there was little incentive to go that route.

·
Premium Member
2017 Summit
8,865 Posts
Yes, I really do feel bad for folks who "must" buy right now for whatever reason. On another vehicle forum that I also help with, a community member was just in that situation...old vehicle was totalled a while back (other party at fault...), but because they were working from home, it wasn't an issue. Now they are faced with both spouses having to return to the office in a few weeks and only one vehicle. There was no way to do much with negotiation due to supply so they had to bite the bullet and do what they had to do. Fortunately, 0% financing was available for the particular vehicle, so that mitigated a little bit of the sting. Used vehicle prices are sky high, too, so there was little incentive to go that route.
I wonder how many of these people are paying high prices out of choice rather than out of need. A lot of free money was handed out over the last year or so. My income did not change at all do to the pandemic, but I still got that free money. How many families got multiple payments which was above and beyond their normal income. They may be treating themselves to a new car with Uncle picking up the additional money. I bought new camera equipment with mine.

---

·
Registered
327 Posts
I wonder how many of these people are paying high prices out of choice rather than out of need. A lot of free money was handed out over the last year or so. My income did not change at all do to the pandemic, but I still got that free money. How many families got multiple payments which was above and beyond their normal income. They may be treating themselves to a new car with Uncle picking up the additional money. I bought new camera equipment with mine.

---
I think the people who are paying the inflated prices are people that have money and that extra really isn't a hardship for them. Then there are the people that aren't great car buyers and get suckered in easy (i.e...They don't understand the overall cost and just look at monthly payment). Couple those with the fear of a shortage which drives some people to want to buy. I used my Uncle Sam cash for some flooring in the house.

·
Super Moderator
9,956 Posts
I wonder how many of these people are paying high prices out of choice rather than out of need.
Probably a surprising proportion. When folks get the bug to buy something...they do, sometimes without regard to whether or not the financial setup is "optimal". Of course, that's a relative thing. Ny older daughter considers paying twice the cost for Micky D's to be delivered by DoorDash to be worth it so she doesn't have to walk a block and a half...and then wonders why she has no money for the food store. ;)(I all fairness, she's a special needs adult and sometimes is very impulsive...we're working on that)

·
Registered
34 Posts
Probably a surprising proportion. When folks get the bug to buy something...they do, sometimes without regard to whether or not the financial setup is "optimal". Of course, that's a relative thing. Ny older daughter considers paying twice the cost for Micky D's to be delivered by DoorDash to be worth it so she doesn't have to walk a block and a half...and then wonders why she has no money for the food store. ;)(I all fairness, she's a special needs adult and sometimes is very impulsive...we're working on that)
Completely agree and would emphasize your point about it being relative. I'm planning on getting the WL-74 ASAP (assuming its part of the Affiliate Program and can grab for 1% under invoice). But I don't need a new car ASAP and would be smarter waiting until there was some cash back offers on it too. But I've wanted the new one for years at this point and don't really feel like waiting, even though I know its not the most financially astute position.

·
Registered
18 Posts
JeepCares over at WLJeepForum just posted that V8 Grand Cherokees are now entering production this week... Hoping that moves things along!

4321 - 4340 of 4382 Posts