Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
4341 - 4360 of 4382 Posts

·
Registered
2012 WK2 LTD 5.7 ORA II
302 Posts
Completely agree and would emphasize your point about it being relative. I'm planning on getting the WL-74 ASAP (assuming its part of the Affiliate Program and can grab for 1% under invoice). But I don't need a new car ASAP and would be smarter waiting until there was some cash back offers on it too. But I've wanted the new one for years at this point and don't really feel like waiting, even though I know its not the most financially astute position.
I am in the exact same position as you are and feel the same way. I have only 65,000 miles on my WK2 and am faced with having to do about $3,000 in maintenance(tires, brakes and evap repair). So, I have been patiently (not really) waiting for the WL. I hope to be able to purchase under the affiliate program as soon as it’s available.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Saw my first WL on the road yesterday. Could not get close enough but looked like 2wd Laredo, though I was able to see enough to know I like it in person as much as pictures.

As to current market, I picked my my WK2 from having the door hinge replaced a couple of weeks ago and virtually all of the dealers' lots were EMPTY. None of the showrooms had vehicles, they had all been moved outside. The landscaped areas typically reserved for used cars or overflow new vehicles were 100% void empty. Like I said before, I am so glad I am not currently in a position of needing to buy, and I really do not have sympathy for anyone that grossly overpays in today's market BY CHOICE. Anything over MSRP for a brand new vehicle is asinine unless an exotic.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Has anyone here been able to get the current lease program that they can share (money factor and residual)?
I'm debating between buying and leasing, and will be trading in my WK2 for a Summit. Thanks!

·
Registered
2019 Grand Cherokee
97 Posts
No need to get angry : )
When there is not demand and we get a new Jeep for invoice we don't get angry at supply and demand economics so it is only fair that we accept when the shoe is on the other foot.
I never bought a vehicle over MSRP and will never buy one, I'll wait and get it when I can...
haha

When can we purchase $15K below MSRP? …serious question

Answer: ɹǝʌǝu

·
Registered
80 Posts
haha

When can we purchase $15K below MSRP? …serious question

Answer: ɹǝʌǝu
in due time, as the price goes up, there is more profit margin and more areas to cut money to get you into the door. I purchased my wifes BMW for 22k under MSRP, and this wasn't a car sitting on the lot costing them money, this was a car we had built and shipped. (shipping from Germany was still cheaper than shipping for the JGC from MI. Also, BMW had the euro delivery program, no extra cost but 1000x more fun). But the savings is there, once the price goes up. Wagoneer will see the savings in the next few years.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Very disappointed that QTII was removed from the Limited. My first GC (2014 Laredo) had it with the Winter Package, then in 2015, it moved to Limited at a minimum. I think 2018 may be my last GC as I can't afford a $50k+ SUV when I only drive 6k miles a year.

·
Premium Member
2017 Summit
8,865 Posts
Very disappointed that QTII was removed from the Limited. My first GC (2014 Laredo) had it with the Winter Package, then in 2015, it moved to Limited at a minimum. I think 2018 may be my last GC as I can't afford a $50k+ SUV when I only drive 6k miles a year.
Is QTII available if you add off road package.

---

·
Super Moderator
9,956 Posts
Isn't available to add to Limited when you build on the site.
What's available "now" may not represent what will be available when WL-74 joins the WL-75 in the marketplace. The MY21 JGC-L was slipped out early....because they could given it's built in a separate plant nextdoor to the one that builds the 2-row "WK2" and WD (Durango). It was a nice opportunity to soft-release, get the factory up to speed on the new platform and add a vehicle that has been in demand for a long time. While I personally do not expect that the JGX-L (WL-75 3-row) will have a large focus from Jeep on off-road, QT-II is valuable for folks who live in places that "get weather", too. I'd be very surprised if Limited didn't get it at some point.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Me too! Let's hope Jeep recognizes this terrible decision and rolls it back. Also, disappointed in the suspension as the ball joint extends out over and extremely close to the tire.

·
Super Moderator
9,956 Posts
Very good points Jim. But I want to play with the build feature now!
They almost never put trims, packages, options and accessories that are not available into the build engine.

When the WL74 is released will there be a High Altitude option? I would hate to have to wait another year?
There is absolutely no way to know that at this point. Remember, High Altitude in the "WK2', while portrayed as a "Trim" in build and price, is actually an appearance package on the Overland and it has an Overland VIN. (which really confuses many folks when they are trying to buy parts) Time will tell if they offer a similar package for the WL-74, but I suspect they will.

·
Registered
2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Altitude Black
161 Posts
Picked up my JGC L Altitude yesterday. Love it, minus how they made the center console and screen so damn shiny. You can see the finger prints on the screen in the 2nd picture. Drives me nuts. Jeep even gives you a silk cloth to use to keep wiping it clean. Pretty silly if you ask me. Apparently they knew it w

·
Premium Member
224 Posts
I had that piano black trim on the dash and console of a '12 CTS-V. What a pain. Not only does it show fingerprints but the slightest amount of dust will make you crazy too, but your GC-L looks awesome. Enjoy.

·
Administrator
2018 Jeep Trackhawk
56,991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4,357 ·
Keep a swiffer dust cloth in your console and wipe it clean whenever you need too.

·
Administrator
2018 Jeep Trackhawk
56,991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4,358 ·
Keep a swiffer dust cloth in your console and wipe it clean whenever you need too.

Reactions: anthnyajp

·
Registered
148 Posts
Can we get some pics with a lift kit & winch installed? Maybe an install video if it's not too much to ask.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Picked up my JGC L Altitude yesterday. Love it, minus how they made the center console and screen so damn shiny. You can see the finger prints on the screen in the 2nd picture. Drives me nuts. Jeep even gives you a silk cloth to use to keep wiping it clean. Pretty silly if you ask me. Apparently they knew it w

View attachment 235675

View attachment 235676

View attachment 235677

View attachment 235678

View attachment 235679
There were numerous reviewers who commented how the piano black will be a nightmare to keep clean.

4341 - 4360 of 4382 Posts