Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
4741 - 4760 of 5230 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Sorry, didn't get that far with them. Primarily interested in the 4xe and autonomous driving (added that since I know another poster on here seems interested in that, too). From what I could tell, no pricing was available (which was consistent with what Mopar Insiders was reporting).
also interested in 4xe and will wait until it comes out

·
Premium Member
3,249 Posts
Was at the dealership today for ESIM, purge valve and some tube replaced on my 2018 GC which is related to fuel fume emissions of some type that triggers the check engine light and small evap error. Saw the new "L" in person today. They only had some Limiteds on the floor. Looks better in person and the sides have a tad more curvature in person than in photos which gives it more interest. I still don't like the grill that is unnecessarily slanted forward versus swept back although it is not overpowering (at least it isn't the "beak" that the Cherokee had when first re-released! LOL). The Limited interior is nice for that trim level but does not exude luxury as that must be for the higher trim levels. The tan interior is light so Jim will like it but 3 out of 4 had some dirt marks on the tan seats so looks like it marks easy. Good headroom in the front and second row but limited headroom in the third row for sure.

One major thing - the headrests! They tilt forward and hit the back of my head in a bothersome way. I tried adjusting the seats and headrest in all kinds of ways. The headrests ratchet forward then when pulled all the way forward will go to the fully back position - still not far enough back for me! The headrests are more pointy like versus flat like in my 2018. The seat in the limited was otherwise comfortable. But that headrest alone might be a deal breaker if it is in the new 2 row too. I am just under 6'2" and a healthy weight so the seat should not have any odd issues for me but the headrest sure did. Will see.

Car Vehicle Automotive design Motor vehicle Car seat cover

·
Registered
2018 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk 5.7L V8
39 Posts
Was at the dealership today for ESIM, purge valve and some tube replaced on my 2018 GC which is related to fuel fume emissions of some type that triggers the check engine light and small evap error. Saw the new "L" in person today. They only had some Limiteds on the floor. Looks better in person and the sides have a tad more curvature in person than in photos which gives it more interest. I still don't like the grill that is unnecessarily slanted forward versus swept back although it is not overpowering (at least it isn't the "beak" that the Cherokee had when first re-released! LOL). The Limited interior is nice for that trim level but does not exude luxury as that must be for the higher trim levels. The tan interior is light so Jim will like it but 3 out of 4 had some dirt marks on the tan seats so looks like it marks easy. Good headroom in the front and second row but limited headroom in the third row for sure.

One major thing - the headrests! They tilt forward and hit the back of my head in a bothersome way. I tried adjusting the seats and headrest in all kinds of ways. The headrests ratchet forward then when pulled all the way forward will go to the fully back position - still not far enough back for me! The headrests are more pointy like versus flat like in my 2018. The seat in the limited was otherwise comfortable. But that headrest alone might be a deal breaker if it is in the new 2 row too. I am just under 6'2" and a healthy weight so the seat should not have any odd issues for me but the headrest sure did. Will see.

View attachment 236819
Wow that seat is dirty! Main reason we only go black leather. The seat wasn't comfortable by tilting it backwards? Either was tilted too far back it didn't support your back or too far forward and head restraint was bothersome?

·
Super Moderator
10,322 Posts
The tan interior is light so Jim will like it but 3 out of 4 had some dirt marks on the tan seats so looks like it marks easy.
I resemble that remark... :) :D

But seriously, who WALKs on a vehicle seat? Sheesh!

·
Registered
2020 Mercedes-Benz GLE450 4Matic
146 Posts

Seriously, any seat will get dirty when walked on.

·
Administrator
2018 Jeep Trackhawk
57,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4,748 ·
Scott, does the SRT and separate Trackhawk mentioned line up with anything new you are hearing?
I've been checking all day with no luck.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I've been checking all day with no luck.
Scott, any idea on when to expect worldwide roll-out of the WL-75 & WL-74?

I know supply and chip issues are making things difficult for car makers but testing has been going on here in the middle east (Dubai) for a while now.

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
Jeep "Cares" sent me a DM on Twitter just now stating the following:

Sadly we don't have a date for ordering at this time. We recommend that you stay in touch with your dealer and frequently check Jeep® SUVs & Crossovers - Official Jeep Site for changes. ^KP

It's frustrating that the supposed openings for the order bank come and go with no new news.
Donlen is now showing initial orders accepted on 10/6/21 with production starting 11/10/21
yesterday it showed today (9/9/21) as initial orders accepted and production starting on 11/1/21

they don't specify L under the listing though

·
Registered
234 Posts
Yesterday I was browsing the window stickers of some WL 75s at my local dealer. I noticed that on one Summit they showed a $750 delete option for no air suspension. On the base list it still showed air suspension as a standard item. Is Jeep now building WL 75 Summits without air suspension? I didn't see this "Delete Option" on any of the Summit Reserves. Or are they planning to make air suspension an option on the Summit? Al

·
Registered
2018 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk 5.7L V8
39 Posts
Yesterday I was browsing the window stickers of some WL 75s at my local dealer. I noticed that on one Summit they showed a $750 delete option for no air suspension. On the base list it still showed air suspension as a standard item. Is Jeep now building WL 75 Summits without air suspension? I didn't see this "Delete Option" on any of the Summit Reserves. Or are they planning to make air suspension an option on the Summit? Al
They are building some without it due to part shortage. They have built Summits without it even when it was standard equipment when ordered. Some recent new orders have required the delete option be selected by the dealer, but it is not an advertised option.

At this point the 2021 model year is a a messed up situation where vehicles are delivered missing standard features, Jeep never opened orders for advertised option packages (such as Overland Off Road Group), and there are many bugs and issues with electronics (primarily the new Uconnect system).

We are waiting until at least the 2022 model year to order.

·
Premium Member
3,249 Posts
The seat wasn't comfortable by tilting it backwards? Either was tilted too far back it didn't support your back or too far forward and head restraint was bothersome?
Exactly. I tried positioning the seat in all kinds of ways but the headrest was just odd. I ratcheted it in all positions (like who would ever want it ratcheted forward? crazy) and moved it up and down too. Instead of being flat, the headrest is angled forward and the top angled part, even in the back position, and the highest position touch just where the spine attaches to the skull. The seat was otherwise comfortable. My 2018 headrest is basically flat with only up and down adjustment and you and have your head on it although when I drive I guess it isn't really touching the headrest. See this photo I found online and added two red arrows. It appears to be ratcheted in the far back position and you can see it still has a forward angle. I noticed it right away and was trying to ratchet it back more but that was as far as it would go even after resetting it by pulling it forward all the way.

Has anyone else noticed this?

Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Car seat cover Automotive design

·
Premium Member
3,249 Posts

Maybe it was a kid? This was Arrigo Sawgrass and they run a very clean showroom - good dealership that I drove the 45 minutes for their service department as the Aventura Jeep dealer (actually in North Miami Beach, not Aventura) is a cr*ppy dealership even though it is less than 3 miles from me where I can literally walk to it. Aventura Jeep is so bad instead of driving less than 3 miles I drove 33 miles to Arrigo Sawgrass - seriously it is THAT bad! There was some dirt noticeable on other tan seats but the shoe prints were the worst that I even took a photo.

·
Super Moderator
10,322 Posts
As the subsequent poster mentioned, parts shortages seems to be creating situations where the manufacturer has to make some choices to get vehicles out to be sold. I'll hazard a guess that the $750 "delete" for QL on the sticker is to compensate the buyer for not getting the standard feature because of that manufacturing reality, but I will also suggest that it's not so likely that there will be a "delete option" available to buyers who just want to opt out of QL on a vehicle where it's standard. But I could be wrong about that. Time will tell.

Reactions: AJB-830

·
Registered
234 Posts
They are building some without it due to part shortage. They have built Summits without it even when it was standard equipment when ordered. Some recent new orders have required the delete option be selected by the dealer, but it is not an advertised option.

At this point the 2021 model year is a a messed up situation where vehicles are delivered missing standard features, Jeep never opened orders for advertised option packages (such as Overland Off Road Group), and there are many bugs and issues with electronics (primarily the new Uconnect system).

We are waiting until at least the 2022 model year to order.
Thanks for the information. I too am waiting to order a 2022 WL74 Summit Reserve. Probably wait till they have been out a few months to let them get all the bugs worked out.

·
Registered
2015 WK2 Overland
2,076 Posts
As the subsequent poster mentioned, parts shortages seems to be creating situations where the manufacturer has to make some choices to get vehicles out to be sold. I'll hazard a guess that the $750 "delete" for QL on the sticker is to compensate the buyer for not getting the standard feature because of that manufacturing reality, but I will also suggest that it's not so likely that there will be a "delete option" available to buyers who just want to opt out of QL on a vehicle where it's standard. But I could be wrong about that. Time will tell.
Very interesting, just checked the local dealer and they have two identical Overlands except one is on steel and the other on air. Guess now is the time to buy a high spec model if you don't want air.

·
Super Moderator
10,322 Posts
Very interesting, just checked the local dealer and they have two identical Overlands except one is on steel and the other on air. Guess now is the time to buy a high spec model if you don't want air.
Yes, for those folks who really want the traditional springs but all the bells and whistles, too, it's an opportunity. I really do doubt they will continue this once the parts situation resolves.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Isn't the air suspension supposedly improved over what was offered on the WK2? Maybe it's just the dual compressors, and maybe I have no idea what I'm talking about.

4741 - 4760 of 5230 Posts