Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
4761 - 4780 of 4908 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk 5.7L V8
38 Posts
Isn't the air suspension supposedly improved over what was offered on the WK2? Maybe it's just the dual compressors, and maybe I have no idea what I'm talking about.
Yes it is improved. There is now two tanks in the system so it transitions between ride heights twice as fast. It also now has adaptive damping for a smoother ride.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I’ve lurked on this thread for a few months now trying to keep my eye on when I should purchase a JGC-L — so hi everyone! I’ve been split between going ahead and pulling the trigger on finding / ordering a ‘21 or waiting til ‘22 models are available to order, which seems to be getting further and further out (understandably so with everything going on). I’ve come across exactly what I‘m looking for at a dealership (white summit reserve) but when I got there to look at it they said it was in service because somehow it shipped from the factory with the headliner over the backseat family cam and they had to pull down the headliner and cut it and reinstall the family cam. I think this is very strange and has me a little afraid of buying a ‘21 model since that seems to be a big QC mishap. Originally when I asked about it over the phone they said they just didn’t install it at the factory and I figured it was just a chip shortage thing. Then they said it was there but the headliner was over it. Seems very odd. Has anyone ever heard of similar things like this? Honestly it was fine if it was a shortage thing and I could live without it, but this opens up other quality questions for me.

·
Super Moderator
10,222 Posts
Isn't the air suspension supposedly improved over what was offered on the WK2? Maybe it's just the dual compressors, and maybe I have no idea what I'm talking about.
Yes, it's a new version with improvements.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I’ve seen a number of WL75s on my dealer lot and on the road now. I have no need for a three-row SUV so I‘m only interested in the WL74. Honestly though, if the WL74 looks identical to the WL75, but just shortened up a bit, I may not be interested in that either. The WL just doesn’t have the aggressive look that my WK2 has. Plus with the constant delays, we may not be able to take delivery of the WL74 until 2023. If that’s the case, that should be exactly when the new Bronco will have worked through its waitlist and worked out all of its kinks. The two-door, hard-top in that orange color is hot. I may just go from my WK2 into a 2023 Bronco.

·
Super Moderator
10,222 Posts
he WL just doesn’t have the aggressive look that my WK2 has.
Clearly, this is a very subjective thing...I personally feel the WL has a more aggressive, sharp look to it than the "WK2" which has softer lines up front.

·
Registered
159 Posts
I have a feeling the floating D pillar on the 74 isn't going to be very visually appealing to a lot of people, at least in color combos where it really stands out. I wonder how easy of a design change that will be, because I think it's inevitable it will done away with at some point, possibly in short order.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I’ve seen a number of WL75s on my dealer lot and on the road now. I have no need for a three-row SUV so I‘m only interested in the WL74. Honestly though, if the WL74 looks identical to the WL75, but just shortened up a bit, I may not be interested in that either. The WL just doesn’t have the aggressive look that my WK2 has. Plus with the constant delays, we may not be able to take delivery of the WL74 until 2023. If that’s the case, that should be exactly when the new Bronco will have worked through its waitlist and worked out all of its kinks. The two-door, hard-top in that orange color is hot. I may just go from my WK2 into a 2023 Bronco.
Thanks for the update. Please keep us informed.

·
Registered
8 Posts
The European Vauxhall Mokka has a floating D pillar look, but its overall design is more 'swoopy' and less abrasive as on the WL74. Perhaps the designers are trying to gentrify the rugged Jeep look.

·
Registered
2019 Grand Cherokee
106 Posts
The WL just doesn’t have the aggressive look that my WK2 has.
A very subjective matter, for sure = different strokes for different folks…

I find the overall design of the WK2 (esp. SRT) to be a great example of balance, cohesion, and flow.

This kind of perfection in any design will always be hard to improve upon.

If they hadn’t have gotten it so right 10 years ago with the WK2, they could easily introduce it today as a new 2022 design.

For me, the WK2 is and will always be iconic. That said, time will tell…

·
Registered
56 Posts
Clearly, this is a very subjective thing...I personally feel the WL has a more aggressive, sharp look to it than the "WK2" which has softer lines up front.
Yes, everybody's opinion is equally valid. What one might see as aggressive and sharp, I see as boring, boxy, and squared-off. Or, what one might describe as "softer lines", I see as angular, athletic, and timeless.

·
Registered
Subaru Legacy STIEVO
2,136 Posts
Since the topic of future engines comes up in this thread a lot, I think this link deserves its place here:

In March, WardsAuto wrote, “Stellantis is committed to an electric future and will not make any major future investments in internal combustion engines, Tavares says. It will work with existing smaller engines from PSA and larger engines from FCA.”

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
I’ve lurked on this thread for a few months now trying to keep my eye on when I should purchase a JGC-L — so hi everyone! I’ve been split between going ahead and pulling the trigger on finding / ordering a ‘21 or waiting til ‘22 models are available to order, which seems to be getting further and further out (understandably so with everything going on). I’ve come across exactly what I‘m looking for at a dealership (white summit reserve) but when I got there to look at it they said it was in service because somehow it shipped from the factory with the headliner over the backseat family cam and they had to pull down the headliner and cut it and reinstall the family cam. I think this is very strange and has me a little afraid of buying a ‘21 model since that seems to be a big QC mishap. Originally when I asked about it over the phone they said they just didn’t install it at the factory and I figured it was just a chip shortage thing. Then they said it was there but the headliner was over it. Seems very odd. Has anyone ever heard of similar things like this? Honestly it was fine if it was a shortage thing and I could live without it, but this opens up other quality questions for me.
Reading all the issues coming up on the facebook group, I'd wait. QC seems to need some attention.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Passed on L and went with a 21Tahoe RST for the wife.

The fit/finish just isn't there at the Summit level and the 6 was VERY under whelming. The interior of the Summit looks stunning but with kids and all that piano black I would expect it to look like scratch and swirl city in 2-3 months. It just isn't a functional interior for our needs. Very surprised on the exterior finish. Both summits had paint runs at the bottom of doors. One on the passenger and another on the rear drives side. I get fall out ibn the paint, its going to happen during production but runs are not acceptable for me.

Still have a 19 High Altitude on lease. Not holding my breath at this point that ill be blown away with the new GC to "upgrade".

·
Registered
2014 Summit 5.7 4wd 20" tires swapped to 18", added all skid plates
2,654 Posts
Just saw a new L in a parking lot. Looked better in person then I thought it would. If I was in the market for a new one I'd be OK with the styling. At least it's got some character which most of it's competitors don't have.

·
Registered
302 Posts
If you search on Facebook for Grand Cherokee L and Wagoneer it’s a private group you have to join. Lots of good info and issues plaguing the WL75.
Found it. Wasn't using right search words.

I can't say I am surprised at first year issues. I was particularly disappointed when I heard the new UConnect is Android based. I have always hated Android devices and find them extremely buggy. UConnect had initial issues on my 2015 WK and my wife's 2019 Cherokee, but they've been resolved with updates.

·
Registered
2018 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk 5.7L V8
38 Posts
Found it. Wasn't using right search words.

I can't say I am surprised at first year issues. I was particularly disappointed when I heard the new UConnect is Android based. I have always hated Android devices and find them extremely buggy. UConnect had initial issues on my 2015 WK and my wife's 2019 Cherokee, but they've been resolved with updates.
I also am disappointed to find out the new Uconnect is Android based. I don't think it will ever be as reliable as Uconnect 4 QNX system.

·
Registered
339 Posts
I believe the newer systems in the Ford/Lincoln is Android based too. My mom had a new Aviator rental a few weeks back and that system absolutely sucks. Not intuitive at all. I have Ford Sync on my '11 Mustang and it is more user friendly than that new crap Lincoln is using. I hope Jeep doesn't go the same way.

4761 - 4780 of 4908 Posts