Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
4781 - 4800 of 5230 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,322 Posts
I"m not an Android fan, myself, at least for personal devices, but there is an advantage to manufacturers moving to it for this kind of application due to strong development tools support and the opportunity to potentially leverage an existing community of developers over time. It's derived from the Linux world which further enhances its attractiveness for embedded use in things like vehicle head units. And it may make it easier for longer term support and feature additions over time, too.

·
Registered
2018 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk 5.7L V8
39 Posts
I"m not an Android fan, myself, at least for personal devices, but there is an advantage to manufacturers moving to it for this kind of application due to strong development tools support and the opportunity to potentially leverage an existing community of developers over time. It's derived from the Linux world which further enhances its attractiveness for embedded use in things like vehicle head units. And it may make it easier for longer term support and feature additions over time, too.
IMO I prefer a stable real-time OS like QNX for embedded vehicle platforms. Adding features over time is not a benefit to me. Just introduces more bugs that take a year to fix.

·
Registered
45 Posts
So no Quadra-Lift for the WL-75

What about the WL-74? I have been patient. Not 2023 patient. Paying 70K for no Quadra-Lift doesn't work for me. I think it my be time to get a RAM 1500 or a F150. If I can find one.

·
Registered
447 Posts

What about the WL-74? I have been patient. Not 2023 patient. Paying 70K for no Quadra-Lift doesn't work for me. I think it my be time to get a RAM 1500 or a F150. If I can find one.

I already told.my dealer. If my SR comes in without the Quadra lift, I will not accept delivery.

·
Premium Member
2017 Summit
8,877 Posts

·
Registered
JGC
515 Posts
Isn't it nice of Jeep to give the Overland (edited from SR) customers a credit of $750 for the deletion of the QL/AD, when, if it all broke, would be a $10,000 repair? Be a deal breaker for me.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Isn't it nice of Jeep to give the SR customers a credit of $750 for the deletion of the QL/AD, when, if it all broke, would be a $10,000 repair? Be a deal breaker for me.
Agreed. Complete joke from Jeep.

They should simply build more Laredo, Altitude, and Limited if they do not have components to build Overland and Summit. Building them missing parts is unacceptable.

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
This will be removed while they don't have the parts, as soon as they get enough chips and whatever other parts they need it will be added back. It will be the same story for the WL74, if there are no parts, there are no parts. Until there are.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Well, first time posting here for quite awhile...but the family enclave is having some problems and before it quit, we were thinking about something new...

I have been eyeing the new Jeep for a month or so Sunday we went and looked and drove a Limited V6. It was nice, but my 2014 is an Overland with the quadra-lift. To me, that suspension seems to keep things tighter around the corners. I would want to keep that option. However, there seems to be a lot of this delete stuff going on. It seems to be predominately on the overland. Does anyone know if that are deleting it as well on the summit?

Then, what is this I read about some sort of rear center console on the summit? I haven't seen any pictures of it. Seems like it would be a PITA if it is what I a envisioning.

Last question...anyone know what the status is for the active driver assist?

Right now, ideally it is probably a summit or overland with the V8 (because I want the V8) with active driver assist and the quadra-lift. Which, I have actually used mine on the 2014 to lift up.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Well, first time posting here for quite awhile...but the family enclave is having some problems and before it quit, we were thinking about something new...

I have been eyeing the new Jeep for a month or so Sunday we went and looked and drove a Limited V6. It was nice, but my 2014 is an Overland with the quadra-lift. To me, that suspension seems to keep things tighter around the corners. I would want to keep that option. However, there seems to be a lot of this delete stuff going on. It seems to be predominately on the overland. Does anyone know if that are deleting it as well on the summit?

Then, what is this I read about some sort of rear center console on the summit? I haven't seen any pictures of it. Seems like it would be a PITA if it is what I a envisioning.

Last question...anyone know what the status is for the active driver assist?

Right now, ideally it is probably a summit or overland with the V8 (because I want the V8) with active driver assist and the quadra-lift. Which, I have actually used mine on the 2014 to lift up.
Summit has had deleted parts but after the initial wave it seems they are prioritizing parts to Summit WL75, wagoneer, and WL74. Overland WL75 is getting the most missing parts now.

We want a fully loaded overland so are waiting until this is resolved. Off Road Group has never been available yet so earliest we can order is 2022 MY if Jeep makes it available. V8 obviously.

Active driver assist is not in shortage. Hands free active driver assist there is no news since the initial announcement stating MY22 availability.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Rear center console is between 2nd row captains chair in Summit only. It does fold flat by a second hinge in the cover. But still impedes walking between the seats.

·
Registered
Subaru Legacy STIEVO
2,158 Posts

Had I ordered one and then the QD be canceled on me, I would be furious and cancel the whole order. QD is absolutely one of the reasons one would spend a lot of coin on a Grand Cherokee. It again proves that for the regular folk, this is not the time to buy a car, or anything really - houses, computers, cars... At least in the future, since the high prices are here to stay, one can at least get the item(s) they pay for...

So what next? Double Webber Carburetors for the 5.7 Hemi? I mean it would be fitting, if you asked me, the marriage of old tech...

·
Registered
3 Posts
So anything new on 2022 ordering? Is it the perpetual next Thursday?
My dealer told me Mid October. I just did a little searching and actually couldn't find a Summit Reserve with the deleted air suspension. So can we assume that they're keeping the air suspension for the SR's? Has anyone seen a SR window sticker with anything deleted?

·
Banned
119 Posts
So my lease on my '19 is up in a few months so I've been trying to figure out what to do (really want a 74 and refuse to get a 75). I was driving through the dealer lot this weekend and they had a few 75s in the lot and the doors were unlocked. The interiors look beautiful and I am so happy Jeep kept the center console in the typical "stack" formation like the previous GCs and did not ruin it with an ugly ass ipad glued to it like Ford has done. It felt like a refined mix of the WK and WK2. My biggest complaint though is that NASTY PIANO BLACK GARBAGE trim. It was already filthy when I got into it. I shined my phone light on it and it already had micro scratches. I dont get the "luxury" aspect of the trim that every company is doing. To me its just cheap shiny dirty plastic. It'll be interesting to see how hardy this stuff is and if the buttons start scratching off after a few years.

·
Registered
39 Posts
So my lease on my '19 is up in a few months so I've been trying to figure out what to do (really want a 74 and refuse to get a 75). I was driving through the dealer lot this weekend and they had a few 75s in the lot and the doors were unlocked. The interiors look beautiful and I am so happy Jeep kept the center console in the typical "stack" formation like the previous GCs and did not ruin it with an ugly ass ipad glued to it like Ford has done. It felt like a refined mix of the WK and WK2. My biggest complaint though is that NASTY PIANO BLACK GARBAGE trim. It was already filthy when I got into it. I shined my phone light on it and it already had micro scratches. I dont get the "luxury" aspect of the trim that every company is doing. To me its just cheap shiny dirty plastic. It'll be interesting to see how hardy this stuff is and if the buttons start scratching off after a few years.
Agreed I hope Jeep offers a matte black option for buttons in the future.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I agree about the piano black trim, I can’t stand it, but there is not a lot of it so I’m thinking I’ll go to a local vinyl shop I’ve used and have it wrapped in a color complementary to the interior color.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Isn't it nice of Jeep to give the SR customers a credit of $750 for the deletion of the QL/AD, when, if it all broke, would be a $10,000 repair? Be a deal breaker for me.
Not to mention they more than made up for the deletion with the outrageous destination charge.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Not to mention they more than made up for the deletion with the outrageous destination charge.
They also add a charge for the hitch install (which is also not wired) when they remove air suspension. So it's only like $200 less.

4781 - 4800 of 5230 Posts