Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
4901 - 4920 of 5228 Posts

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
I’ve been waiting but if the initial quality is anything like the WL75, I’ll be waiting for the 2023’s. I encourage all to join the Grand Cherokee L & Wagoneer Group on Facebook. I am horrified at the amount of problems so far.
Agree, they need to fix some stuff, uconnect problems, blank dash, 4wd serv errors, stalling, power steering failure, water condensation in tail lights and a heap more. There's plenty for them to sort out....

·
Registered
125 Posts
Ive actually heard it from two dealers. I have a call in to Kent at Peterson in Nampa... shall see.
I did talk to Kent today. He shed a little light on the affiliate program. I hope I get it 100% right, but for 2021 model year Jeeps (for sure the Grands) there affiliate program is on hold. The note from the top made no mention of 2022s. He also said there is no way they can keep it "off" indefinitely. He suspects they may be trying to trim it down or something like no more tread lightly, but that is pure speculation.

He also mentioned that the updates to active driver assist wouldn't be happening until the 2nd quarter.

·
Registered
159 Posts
It's disappointing to think the floating D pillar is going to be around for the life of the model.

This may have already been posted, but this Mopar Insiders article has some decent pics. I can't really see the D pillar growing on me, but with a dark top I could probably live with it.

Reactions: sarvdan

·
Registered
133 Posts
It's disappointing to think the floating D pillar is going to be around for the life of the model.

This may have already been posted, but this Mopar Insiders article has some decent pics. I can't really see the D pillar growing on me, but with a dark top I could probably live with it.
That floating D pillar is terrible. When its time for me to get a new vehicle. This might be the first time I walk away from the GC line up and maybe Jeep all together. The bigger bronco is looking more appealing IMO

·
Registered
749 Posts
Scott, absolutely gorgeous, congrats. Do you still have the TRX?

·
Super Moderator
10,319 Posts
At least it's still Red Scott!

·
Registered
234 Posts
Agree, they need to fix some stuff, uconnect problems, blank dash, 4wd serv errors, stalling, power steering failure, water condensation in tail lights and a heap more. There's plenty for them to sort out....
I joined the Grand Cherokee L and Wagoneer Group on Facebook today. It sure looks like the early production 2014 Grand Cherokee problems all over again. Although by the time I got my 2014 Overland about 6 months later, most of the problems were fixed and my 2014 turned out to be a pretty trouble free Jeep . Hopefully in 6 months they will get these early production problems fixed and I can upgrade to a new WL 74 Summit. Al

·
Jeep Addict
1,595 Posts
I'm usually not a fan of jumping on the first MY, either, and I prefer ordering my vehicle. But under these circumstances, you don't know what you will get. The vehicle might be more reliable in 6 months but at the same time, could be even more stripped down. So this time, I went for the early model and in case everything goes wrong, there is still a back-up called "lemon law".

·
Registered
34 Posts
That floating D pillar is terrible. When its time for me to get a new vehicle. This might be the first time I walk away from the GC line up and maybe Jeep all together. The bigger bronco is looking more appealing IMO
I agree. I think I’m going to let Ford iron out the Bronco issues and work through their waitlist and trade my GC in for a 2023 Bronco two-door, hard-top in that orange color.

·
Administrator
2018 Jeep Trackhawk
57,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4,913 ·
Great choice, but then again, that's another old platform that has been around for over a decade. So do you honestly miss the V8?
Absolutely not. It's over 600hp. It's the track with nismo turbos, boostlogic ypipe and exhaust and ecutec

·
Registered
3 Posts
Exactly. I tried positioning the seat in all kinds of ways but the headrest was just odd. I ratcheted it in all positions (like who would ever want it ratcheted forward? crazy) and moved it up and down too. Instead of being flat, the headrest is angled forward and the top angled part, even in the back position, and the highest position touch just where the spine attaches to the skull. The seat was otherwise comfortable. My 2018 headrest is basically flat with only up and down adjustment and you and have your head on it although when I drive I guess it isn't really touching the headrest. See this photo I found online and added two red arrows. It appears to be ratcheted in the far back position and you can see it still has a forward angle. I noticed it right away and was trying to ratchet it back more but that was as far as it would go even after resetting it by pulling it forward all the way.

Has anyone else noticed this?

View attachment 236874
Yes, I had the same problem on a limited in the standard trim. Drove a limited with the lux seat trim a few days ago and seats and headrest were much more comfortable. Unfortunately, can no longer order with lux trim.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I joined the Grand Cherokee L and Wagoneer Group on Facebook today. It sure looks like the early production 2014 Grand Cherokee problems all over again. Although by the time I got my 2014 Overland about 6 months later, most of the problems were fixed and my 2014 turned out to be a pretty trouble free Jeep . Hopefully in 6 months they will get these early production problems fixed and I can upgrade to a new WL 74 Summit. Al
So besides the quadra-lift on some overlands, what else is being stripped off that is supposed to be there? I mean there was talk of the limited slip, right, but what is supposed to get that? I can't even keep it straight anymore.

And then, are strips coming on everything or just on the dealer orders?

As for the 2014s, I have a early 2014 Diesel. Other than the emissions stuff, it has been pretty good.

·
Banned
119 Posts
I had my lease coming up March of 22 and had my heart set on getting a WL74 but after seeing more and more pictures I decided I would be done with the Grand Cherokee line after this one. The tail lights are hideous and belong on a mid 2000s Asian brand SUV but this floating D pillar was my deal breaker. It just looks odd and incomplete and I am picky enough that this will NEVER grow on me or look right to me. I ended up finding a loaded and beautiful 80th anniversary and bought it instead. If Jeep can hide this ugly D pillar in an update in 3-4 (probably 5 given how long this already took) then I might consider but until then I can count on this being my last Grand Cherokee.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I can tell you for certain this isn’t the one Jeep is revealing tomorrow. The one being revealed is the TrailHawk 4xe. 4xe is going to be the main selling point for this model I can tell you that now. Most sales of the 2 row will be 4xe.

·
Registered
45 Posts

Feels like MY14 all over again?

4901 - 4920 of 5228 Posts