Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
5141 - 5160 of 5230 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Looking to order a 22 GC 2 row (I think that is WL75?).
Right now dealers told me they can only order summit and limited, and eta on those is February. I’d like an overland, but don’t want to wait til next summer. Hemming about just ordering the summit, but a little worried about resale.
Anyone have any information on when these will start hitting lots, or when dealers might start being able to order overlands?

·
Registered
109 Posts
No they are just clueless since most have never spun a wrench and crawled under the Wrangler 4XE ( or any other Hyrbid) to see the rats nest of hoses and AC line to cool batteries, inverter etc

I drove one for a day and they are nice from a power perspective, 370HP and 470 Tq is good, but not worth all the headaches 7 yrs out when once has crawl under and start changing all the old hoses and plastic bits. These people buying them are wetting their pants for the 7500$ kick back, but not thinking long term as to issue and maintenance.
I have asked before, as you have stated this many many many times over... can you show us the maintenance schedule for the jeep hybrid that shows what needs to be replaced at 70k miles or 100k miles (7 years out). You have stated its a 'rats nest more than once and how its going to cost so much at 7 years to replace... but you havent stated the actual break down. so i am curious what it is that has you so worked up, what you have seen that proves or disproves this.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Right now dealers told me they can only order summit and limited, and eta on those is February.
Right now dealers told me they can only order summit and limited, and eta on those is February. I’d like an overland, but don’t want to wait til next summer. Hemming about just ordering the summit, but a little worried about resale.
Anyone have any information on when these will start hitting lots, or when dealers might start being able to order overlands?
@chwtom Production supposedly begins 12/14 for GC 2 row. I was just suggested a bit more than 90 days delivery which I'm reading as mid Jan, so with slippage Feb.

·
Registered
7 Posts
@chwtom Production supposedly begins 12/14 for GC 2 row. I was just suggested a bit more than 90 days delivery which I'm reading as mid Jan, so with slippage Feb.
Thanks CO! Do you think that applies just to the Summitt/Limited that they have on order now, or would overlands be on that timeline as well?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Anybody else notice that this weekend the "build your own pages" for the regular and the 4xe both went down, then when they came back up there were no longer any prices listed on the overview page for the regular GC? Curious.

·
Super Moderator
10,322 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
The common parts that I've been seeing go wrong stop it from running. A bad DPF sensor or clogged filter puts it in limp mode, a spun bearing and it goes nowhere without a new motor.

I mainly bought the diesel for that low rev pulling power, the electric motor should give even more. I should be able to drive it on electric only during the week, only need to fill up for longer trips.
Not sure you quite got my jist...

The engine runs fine...

The emissions stuff is what tends to screw it up. If a big rock was to mysteriously tear it all off and render the sensors irrelevant, the engine still runs.

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
Not sure you quite got my jist...

The engine runs fine...

The emissions stuff is what tends to screw it up. If a big rock was to mysteriously tear it all off and render the sensors irrelevant, the engine still runs.
Spun bearing is an engine failure, still seeing a lot of them happen. I feel like mine could die any day.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Initially they said dealers could order 3 models: limited, SR and SR 4xe. Does anyone know if dealers can indeed order the hybrid?

·
Premium Member
388 Posts
I continue to wait patiently to hear more about the JGC 4xe but in the meantime, I placed a $1000 deposit for a new Rivian R1S.

·
Registered
430 Posts
I have asked before, as you have stated this many many many times over... can you show us the maintenance schedule for the jeep hybrid that shows what needs to be replaced at 70k miles or 100k miles (7 years out). You have stated its a 'rats nest more than once and how its going to cost so much at 7 years to replace... but you havent stated the actual break down. so i am curious what it is that has you so worked up, what you have seen that proves or disproves this.
There has never been a service interval in any car I have owned with a age/milage for stuff like hoses, belts and plastic bits. But IMHO once the Jeep is out of the warranty your on your own.
I keep my cars a long time and when they age out I replace that stuff so I am not broke down on the side of the road.

WellI will ask you, have you crawled under a 4XE to look at the rats nest? Do you spin wrenchs on your own cars, or do you lease or trade out of them before they need work?? Some of us keep them and look at things like this in a purchase decision.

Oh, it isnt up to myself to provide you with a parts list and labor to replace that, go look it up your self since you seem dismiss it

·
Registered
430 Posts
Oh here a few pics of the 4xe wrangler, you dont see all the line run underneath to cool the inverter and battery. The 2.0 has 3 cooling circuits.

Attachments

• Wow
Reactions: COmtnbiker

·
Super Moderator
10,322 Posts
I have asked before, as you have stated this many many many times over... can you show us the maintenance schedule for the jeep hybrid that shows what needs to be replaced at 70k miles or 100k miles (7 years out).
The ICE in the Hybrid likely has similar maintenance intervals as with a non-hybrid ICE vehicle. It certainly did with the Toyota hybrids we have owned in this household. There was no hybrid related maintenance.

Reactions: Lamb00j
5141 - 5160 of 5230 Posts