Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
5161 - 5180 of 5208 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
2022 WL75 ordering started last Friday oct 8.
Never done this before. If I am trying to get one as soon as possible is the best way to go about? ARe all trims available? Also without price (I know it was leaked but not all package pricing has been released) if you order can you cancel?

·
Registered
107 Posts
There has never been a service interval in any car I have owned with a age/milage for stuff like hoses, belts and plastic bits. But IMHO once the Jeep is out of the warranty your on your own.
I keep my cars a long time and when they age out I replace that stuff so I am not broke down on the side of the road.

WellI will ask you, have you crawled under a 4XE to look at the rats nest? Do you spin wrenchs on your own cars, or do you lease or trade out of them before they need work?? Some of us keep them and look at things like this in a purchase decision.

Oh, it isnt up to myself to provide you with a parts list and labor to replace that, go look it up your self since you seem dismiss it

so its just, when your warranty expires it all goes bad.. got it.

I do tend to do work on my vehicles and own them for many years. But when you make a blanket statement that its a rats nest and all will go bad (and say in a time frame when they need replacement) it would be nice to show where you got that info on the time frame. I would say yes, i would ask you to provide the time frame and where you saw this as you stated it. I could say its good for 40 years and never supply info and it would be the same context. Hence why i aske where you got these service intervals. But now i see, its your opinion when they will go bad. Got it. please state when you say 70k miles these will need replaced, you are taking a guess because you do not know what you are looking at or looking for.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Never done this before. If I am trying to get one as soon as possible is the best way to go about? ARe all trims available? Also without price (I know it was leaked but not all package pricing has been released) if you order can you cancel?
I spoke to someone about a month ago and he said the active driver assist updates would be available on the 2022s, but not until Q2. Just a hunch, but I imagine the rear seat entertainment and the front passenger screen will be added as well, but probably not for a few months...just a hunch.

·
Super Moderator
10,306 Posts
The WL75s have been able to be ordered for months now ;)
But not the 2022 :)

But I'll add that in my opinion, the 2021 JGC-L (WL-75) was a lot about introducing the new factory, the new platform and getting a three row on the market ... a "head start" on MY22, if you will, because they could do that without affecting production of the "WK2" 2-row next door. Hopefully, with MY22 coming online, more trims, options, colors, and so forth will also come online for both the 3-row and 2-row.

·
Registered
32 Posts
But not the 2022 :)

But I'll add that in my opinion, the 2021 JGC-L (WL-75) was a lot about introducing the new factory, the new platform and getting a three row on the market ... a "head start" on MY22, if you will, because they could do that without affecting production of the "WK2" 2-row next door. Hopefully, with MY22 coming online, more trims, options, colors, and so forth will also come online for both the 3-row and 2-row.
I assume we don't yet know much about new options for 2022? My dealership won't tell me anything without coming in and I can't make it for several days. I haven't heard anybody confirm auto driving assist, passenger seat screen, rear entertainment in 2022--I assume those are not presently options--and I'd hate to order now just to have those features added a few months now.

·
Registered
2019 Grand Cherokee
109 Posts
so its just, when your warranty expires it all goes bad.. got it.

I do tend to do work on my vehicles and own them for many years. But when you make a blanket statement that its a rats nest and all will go bad (and say in a time frame when they need replacement) it would be nice to show where you got that info on the time frame. I would say yes, i would ask you to provide the time frame and where you saw this as you stated it. I could say its good for 40 years and never supply info and it would be the same context. Hence why i aske where you got these service intervals. But now i see, its your opinion when they will go bad. Got it. please state when you say 70k miles these will need replaced, you are taking a guess because you do not know what you are looking at or looking for.
A modern engine is already a rat’s nest of technology.

Make it a hybrid and now you’ve doubled your rat’s nest.

It’s not hard to understand.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I assume we don't yet know much about new options for 2022? My dealership won't tell me anything without coming in and I can't make it for several days. I haven't heard anybody confirm auto driving assist, passenger seat screen, rear entertainment in 2022--I assume those are not presently options--and I'd hate to order now just to have those features added a few months now.
I heard from Kent at Peterson jeep in nampa that the driver assist wont be available until Q2 of 22.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I heard from Kent at Peterson jeep in nampa that the driver assist wont be available until Q2 of 22.
Any idea if the 2022s be equipped with the hardware necessary for this, but it won't function until a software there update in Q2? Or are they going to make a hardware change mid-year?

·
Super Moderator
10,306 Posts
I assume we don't yet know much about new options for 2022?
I doubt there will be "new" options for 2022 and the JGC-L...they haven't introduced everything yet that was planned. My opinion is that the MY21 JGC-L is really the MY22...they just introduced it early because they could with a whole new factory and a "soft start" and to avoid confusion (LOL..which clearly isn't the case) they called it a MY21. Hopefully, they can focus more on WL overall with both the WL-75 and WL-74 getting in production. I wouldn't want to be a vehicle manufacturer right now with all the component and logistics challenges in that respect! I so suspect there will be more attention on the more affordable trim levels with "WK2" passing out of the picture with final production happening "as we speak".

·
Registered
107 Posts
A modern engine is already a rat’s nest of technology.

Make it a hybrid and now you’ve doubled your rat’s nest.

It’s not hard to understand.

helpful 0.02 thank you. I dont think modern engines are all that bad to be honest. Its no carb but its not bad to work on.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I was holding out to order a '22 WL75 Summit Reserve V6 and I reached out to a dealer this past week since I heard order banks had opened. They are open, but there is also a decent price hike this year. I was quoted on an order for a '21 model a month ago and it was $66,090 (including dest. fee) and the same order now for a '22 is $68,900. It was told that it DOES have air suspension, but the SR is the only trim level available to order it (at least initially). It does also include a passenger-side screen like the WL74, but does not have an option for the hands-free active drive assist yet. It forced me to gut check other comparable vehicles like the X5 and similarly equipped, it's still a few thousand cheaper so it does help me lean towards taking the leap on the WL75. But, it's also not very far off from a Tahoe or Yukon AT4. Sign of the times I guess.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Yikes. And the X5 is very nice inside. Hard to justify getting another if it’s up in that price range. Only reason I’m sticking to my JGC summit is for the towing capacity (For it’s size). Tahoe’s - Yukon’s ride to high for my liking. Wish they made a smaller version.

·
Premium Member
388 Posts
If a 22 WL75 Summit Reserve cost is $68,900; what will the 4xe variant be?

·
Registered
7 Posts
I put in an order for a 22 SR this week. Dealer said he was hearing Feb-March delivery, but Jeep is saying November, so we will see. There is a VIN assigned so that’s good.
My wife has the 3 row grand Cherokee limited. It’s almost as nice as a BMW or Mercedes inside, I’m sure the SR will be every bit as refined as those.
I’m sure everyone has different opinions but the Tahoes/Yukon’s aren’t in the same universe as far as interior refinement and drive. They are very spacious and can haul a lot, but the Jeeps are much much nicer inside (my opinion). If you haven’t seen the 3 rows in person yet, they are really impressive, so I’m sure the 2 rows will be as well.

·
Registered
565 Posts
I love this new Jeep, But I love the new Ford Lightning EV Truck much better, that can power up your house if the light goes out.

5161 - 5180 of 5208 Posts