Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
5641 - 5660 of 5706 Posts

·
Registered
JGC
632 Posts
The police vehicle is the Dodge Durango Pursuit ... think you knew that ... maybe the Chief will get the Trailhawk to be different.

·
Registered
2019 Grand Cherokee
112 Posts
The Police Durango looks better IMHO…

·
Registered
153 Posts
I cant believe a TrailHawk is over $50K and has "standard suspension". I may be out on a limb here, but one of the mail purposes of the TH is to have adjustable lift already built in. I'm surprised they are selling it at full price without the air system due to part shortages

·
Registered
2012 WK2 LTD 5.7 ORA II
333 Posts
I cant believe a TrailHawk is over $50K and has "standard suspension". I may be out on a limb here, but one of the mail purposes of the TH is to have adjustable lift already built in. I'm surprised they are selling it at full price without the air system due to part shortages
Have you confirmed this? I was interested in getting a WL74 Overland with the off-road package. No Quadra Lift would be a definite deal breaker.

·
Registered
46 Posts
The designation of normal duty suspension does not mean that it doesn't also have air suspension. Go to the builder and pull up standard features and you will see that air suspension is standard on the Trailhawk.

·
Registered
2012 WK2 LTD 5.7 ORA II
333 Posts
I was just told by my dealer he can’t order and Overland WL74 right now as they are on restriction. 🤯🤬

·
Registered
153 Posts
The designation of normal duty suspension does not mean that it doesn't also have air suspension. Go to the builder and pull up standard features and you will see that air suspension is standard on the Trailhawk.
This is what it says on the website under "normal duty suspension" for the TH right now.

The suspension system consists of independent MacPherson struts, coil over gas-charged shock absorbers and a stabilizer bar with hydroformed steel perimeter cradle in the front and an independent twist-blade with coil springs and twin-tube shock absorbers with integrated rebound springs in the rear.

EDIT: Scratch that. In the "build sheet area" it says the air lift is part of standard. Really weird way to go about it IMO.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Drove a 2022 GCL Overland 4x4 and it actually had air suspension--not a delete. I did not have a tape measurer--the cargo area looked narrower than my WK2, though obviously deeper. Anyone know the actual usable width of cargo space on the GCL vs. WK2? I parked the two side-by-side and I swear my cargo opening and usable width is wider...or my eyes are just bad but my wife said the same thing.

Also, does anyone have an issue with the driver's side mirror not adjusting far enough outward? I COULD NOT get it to extend out as far as on my WK2 and properly adjusted to cover blind spots. I could still see the side of the vehicle in a normal seated position, which is not correct mirror positioning for minimizing blind spots...and I don't care if it does have blind spot monitoring.

We then drove a Ram Limited. If I cannot get myself to like the Wagoneer more, Ram Limited may be my next vehicle and perhaps a GCL for my wife.

·
Super Moderator
10,642 Posts
"Standard Features" are what goes on all of the JGCs...unless they are upgraded by packages, trim levels, etc., which is shown on build sheets. Consider that list as the "minimum" you will get, not not necessarily what the individual vehicle will have when it's produced. It's always been that way, for the most part...but I agree it can be confusing including because of how many times it's already been asked about in this "tiny" thread. :)

·
Registered
27 Posts
I am told by a dealer that at the moment you cannot get the offroad package at all. You can't get a 4xe Trailhawk and I dont' think you can get a gas one other, and while you can get a gas Overland and you can order a 4xe Overland, you can't add the offroad package to either.

So I'm assuming that there is something in that package that they are having supply issues with. Something like the offroad axles, for example? Any thoughts?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Drove a 2022 GCL Overland 4x4 and it actually had air suspension--not a delete. I did not have a tape measurer--the cargo area looked narrower than my WK2, though obviously deeper. Anyone know the actual usable width of cargo space on the GCL vs. WK2? I parked the two side-by-side and I swear my cargo opening and usable width is wider...or my eyes are just bad but my wife said the same thing.

Also, does anyone have an issue with the driver's side mirror not adjusting far enough outward? I COULD NOT get it to extend out as far as on my WK2 and properly adjusted to cover blind spots. I could still see the side of the vehicle in a normal seated position, which is not correct mirror positioning for minimizing blind spots...and I don't care if it does have blind spot monitoring.

We then drove a Ram Limited. If I cannot get myself to like the Wagoneer more, Ram Limited may be my next vehicle and perhaps a GCL for my wife.
... that's like $120k in vehicles...

·
Registered
2012 WK2 LTD 5.7 ORA II
333 Posts
I am told by a dealer that at the moment you cannot get the offroad package at all. You can't get a 4xe Trailhawk and I dont' think you can get a gas one other, and while you can get a gas Overland and you can order a 4xe Overland, you can't add the offroad package to either.

So I'm assuming that there is something in that package that they are having supply issues with. Something like the offroad axles, for example? Any thoughts?
I called Jeep today regarding my dealer telling me I couldn’t order a 2022 WL 74 Hemi Overland with the off-road package yet. They confirmed this was true and that they update their ordering platform the second week of each month, so I’ll check again in February.

·
Premium Member
257 Posts
Saw a WL74 live in the flesh this evening. I can honestly say it’s as handsome as my WK2 and something I’d consider in the Summit Reserve trim.

I had been having reservations on purchasing a WL75 and am happy I awaited the WL74. Here’s a few pics from a nearby dealer. MSRP was almost $72k.

Tire Car Vehicle Vehicle registration plate Wheel

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Plant
Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle
Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Car
Car Wheel Tire Vehicle Land vehicle
Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Automotive parking light
Car Land vehicle Vehicle Vehicle registration plate Automotive tail & brake light

Attachments

·
Registered
29 Posts
If you build a Trailhawk 4xe on the Jeep website, it now says coming “Winter 2022.”
Unreal but real. And as of now you can't get the second screen for three passenger and there's what, a whopping 3 color choices I think when I last looked. What a joke...

·
Registered
46 Posts
Unreal but real. And as of now you can't get the second screen for three passenger and there's what, a whopping 3 color choices I think when I last looked. What a joke...
Welcome to Winter 2022. Not sure why so many people incorrectly believe that means December 2022. It's also a bit of a typo since the web guy just failed to update it to spring 2022 as was done for the other trims (and also failed to remove rear entertainment from the build).

·
Registered
153 Posts
I been seeing a few of the WL75's popping up around town. If I happen to see the owner I always politely ask them their perspective on the vehicle. So far everything has been very positive and everyone has basically no regrets. The only "but I wish" that comes up from time to time is the desire for a more powerful V6 or they wish they got the Hemi.

To sum it up they feel the V6 has just enough, but they would of liked to see a little more. Funny thing about the conversation is the closer. "I think its because I'm still learning about the Jeep" is usually what I'm told. Sounds like its a great vehicle and people feel they made the right decision and are adjusting to the new platform.

5641 - 5660 of 5706 Posts