Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
5661 - 5680 of 5706 Posts

·
Registered
2012 WK2 LTD 5.7 ORA II
333 Posts
I been seeing a few of the WL75's popping up around town. If I happen to see the owner I always politely ask them their perspective on the vehicle. So far everything has been very positive and everyone has basically no regrets. The only "but I wish" that comes up from time to time is the desire for a more powerful V6 or they wish they got the Hemi.

To sum it up they feel the V6 has just enough, but they would of liked to see a little more. Funny thing about the conversation is the closer. "I think its because I'm still learning about the Jeep" is usually what I'm told. Sounds like its a great vehicle and people feel they made the right decision and are adjusting to the new platform.
Good news! I always opted for an engine upgrade on any vehicle I’ve purchased. Never regretted getting the Hemi in my WK2 and will definitely order it for my WL 74 when available.

·
Premium Member
137 Posts
I wonder if the dark appearence package will be available on the Limited 4xe trim as is it now on the Limited L (still not showing on the built page).

·
Registered
257 Posts
Unreal but real. And as of now you can't get the second screen for three passenger and there's what, a whopping 3 color choices I think when I last looked. What a joke...
Today I found a 2022 WL 74 Summit Reserve with the V8 at a dealer 40 miles from me. But looking at the window sticker it says "Quadra Trac II". The window sticker doesn't mention if the vehicle has the "Electronic Limited Slip Differential". I looked at the window sticker on a 2021 Summit Reserve L and that window sticker does list "Electronic Limited Slip Differential". Does this mean that the 2022 W74 is no longer equipped with Electronic Slip? No mention on the window sticker that it was deleted. If this is the case, not sure I want to order a new WL74 Summit Reserve at this time. Anybody know what the 2022s are shipping with. Thanks.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Today I found a 2022 WL 74 Summit Reserve with the V8 at a dealer 40 miles from me. But looking at the window sticker it says "Quadra Trac II". The window sticker doesn't mention if the vehicle has the "Electronic Limited Slip Differential". I looked at the window sticker on a 2021 Summit Reserve L and that window sticker does list "Electronic Limited Slip Differential". Does this mean that the 2022 W74 is no longer equipped with Electronic Slip? No mention on the window sticker that it was deleted. If this is the case, not sure I want to order a new WL74 Summit Reserve at this time. Anybody know what the 2022s are shipping with. Thanks.
Not sure how much you're going to be off roading in a Summit Reserve, so ELSD shouldn't be a big consideration. The air suspension, on the other hand, is a big deal but it appears all the 2022 models have it (without delete). And even if the supply chain gets wonky again, I don't see them removing air suspension from SR with V8.

·
Super Moderator
10,642 Posts
Does this mean that the 2022 W74 is no longer equipped with Electronic Slip?
eLSD is only on some trim/package combinations. It wasn't standard on the "WK2" Summit in recent years, either.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Not sure how much you're going to be off roading in a Summit Reserve, so ELSD shouldn't be a big consideration. The air suspension, on the other hand, is a big deal but it appears all the 2022 models have it (without delete). And even if the supply chain gets wonky again, I don't see them removing air suspension from SR with V8.
Will I don't off road at all. But we do have a lot of snow in winter and my previous GC had the ELSD and I really liked it. It seemed it worked so much better in snow than the brake limited slip version on my 2017. For some reason I couldn't get it on our 2017 Summit, probably was because of the V6 engine. So since it came standard on some of the 2021 Summit L's with the V6, I was expecting it to also be on the 2022 Summit Reserve. But if I can't get it on the 2022, I guess I can live without it again. Al

·
Registered
29 Posts
How much?

·
Registered
257 Posts
How much?
Window sticker was $71,090 as it had the V8 and all the options you can add to the Summit Reserve. I didn't go look at it because it was all black with a black interior and 40 miles away. Probably wait a couple of months and order a black V6 with the tupelo interior. I was more curious if it had the ELSD. A friend of mine has a 2021 V6 Summit Reserve "L" and his came with the ELSD. But it looks like ELSD was eliminated on the 2022 Summits, at least for now. Al

·
Registered
29 Posts
Window sticker was $71,090 as it had the V8 and all the options you can add to the Summit Reserve. I didn't go look at it because it was all black with a black interior and 40 miles away. Probably wait a couple of months and order a black V6 with the tupelo interior. I was more curious if it had the snotty ELSD. A friend of mine has a 2021 V6 Summit Reserve "L" and his came with the ELSD. But it looks like ELSD was eliminated on the 2022 Summits, at least for now. Al
That's is absolutely insane and you still have to they're in taxes. $55k seems fair for a maxed out SR.v both those engines are so old and outdated.

·
Registered
83 Posts
So 2022 Overland V8' are still not available with the Off Road package, and thus no eLSD? So the only way to get an eLSD is to buy a Summit or Summit Reserve?

·
Registered
2012 WK2 LTD 5.7 ORA II
333 Posts
So 2022 Overland V8' are still not available with the Off Road package, and thus no eLSD? So the only way to get an eLSD is to buy a Summit or Summit Reserve?
That’s what I was told when I called Jeep last week. It’s the exact vehicle I want.

·
Registered
257 Posts
That’s what I was told when I called Jeep last week. It’s the exact vehicle I want.
But if you check out the window sticker on a 2022 V8 Summit Reserve, it indicates it is NOT equipped with the ELSD. The 2021s show ELSD on the window sticker as a standard item, but the 2022s don't list it at all on the window stickers. So how do you know for sure what the 2022 Summit Reserves are shipping with?

·
Super Moderator
10,642 Posts
But if you check out the window sticker on a 2022 V8 Summit Reserve, it indicates it is NOT equipped with the ELSD. The 2021s show ELSD on the window sticker as a standard item, but the 2022s don't list it at all on the window stickers. So how do you know for sure what the 2022 Summit Reserves are shipping with?
Does the sticker mention Quadra Drive? That would be the eLSD indication. An actual build sheet would be more instructive about what's actually on the vehicle as there is very limited space on the window sticker and not everything is mentioned nor has it ever been.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Does the sticker mention Quadra Drive? That would be the eLSD indication. An actual build sheet would be more instructive about what's actually on the vehicle as there is very limited space on the window sticker and not everything is mentioned nor has it ever been.
Jim, I looked at several window stickers for both 2021 and 2022 Summit Reserves. On all the window stickers they list "Quadra Trac II" as the 4WD option. On about 1/2 of the 2021 stickers, it lists "Electronic limited-Slip Differential Rear Axle". On all the 2022 window stickers and on some of the 2021s, it just lists "Quadra Trac II". None of the window stickers list "Quadra Drive", which as you said, would mean "eLSD" in the past. So without the "build sheet", you really don't know what you are getting. I can only assume that if the sticker doesn't say "ELSD", it is not equipped. Al

·
Registered
49 Posts
No eLSD on a 70K Summit, no Trailhawk, no off-road package available on the Overland. GTM-6 nowhere in sight. I get it, supply chain and Covid or is it Stellantis mismanagement? Plus the Jeep dealer that I have bought 6 new vehicles from does not seem to want my business. I am done. I ordered a 22 Ford F150 Tremor 402A. I wish everyone well with getting the GC that they want. Still have my 99 Wrangler. So I am still a Jeep guy. Maybe I will get a MY24/25 SRT with the high output GTM-6 turbo?

·
Registered
162 Posts
I think the WL74s look good, but I still don't get the floating D pillar and I can't imagine buying one with a non-black top. Even with the black top, it would look much better without that particular design element. Has there ever been an explanation as to what functional purpose that serves or why the decision was made to go in that direction? I understand that beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but I can't imagine anyone looking at that and thinking "My God that's beautiful. Everyone will want." There must have been some rationale beyond appearance.

5661 - 5680 of 5706 Posts