Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
5681 - 5700 of 5706 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,642 Posts
Maybe I will get a MY24/25 SRT with the high output GTM-6 turbo?
Maybe there will be a vehicle like that but it will not likely be called an SRT... :) It will also likely be a hybrid.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Well, for anyone contemplating one of these, I'd keep waiting until they offer the eLSD, because based on the dozens of problems I'm having with my two month old 21 GCL Overland V8 (not even one of the problems fixed yet), this car is still 'in development' and suckers like me who are $80k lighter now are ostensibly beta testers.

I was thinking maybe I could retrofit the OEM eLSD or an aftermarket LSD, but that seems totally unlikely to be practical unless Jeep offers a kit for it (based on discussions here).

I certainly didn't spend all that money hoping to have such a sour attitude, but I wouldn't recommend anyone buy one, given the lack of eLSD/off road equipment in conjunction with the enormous number of problems others are experiencing.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I think the WL74s look good, but I still don't get the floating D pillar and I can't imagine buying one with a non-black top. Even with the black top, it would look much better without that particular design element. Has there ever been an explanation as to what functional purpose that serves or why the decision was made to go in that direction? I understand that beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but I can't imagine anyone looking at that and thinking "My God that's beautiful. Everyone will want." There must have been some rationale beyond appearance.
I have wondered the same and also find the floating D pillar design to be less than ideal and certainly not a selling point as a design element. I haven’t studied it but thought maybe it creates a more natural transition between the black roof and colored bodies on the two-tone optioned trims. Again, I don’t care for it but don’t think it would break my purchase decision but I like the Baltic Gray so that helps mask it a bit.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Both 2022 GCL and GC SR have eLSD. At least the builds after mid December do.
Have you verified this by looking at the "Build Sheet"? I know this is supposed to be the case but they don't list it on the "Window Stickers" like they did on the 2021 SR Ls that had them on. I am going to try to find out more about this next week as I won't order one until I know that they really are equipped with eLSD. Not sure if dealers have access to the "Build Sheets" until after the unit ships to them. Al

·
Registered
GC Overland
15 Posts
Have you verified this by looking at the "Build Sheet"? I know this is supposed to be the case but they don't list it on the "Window Stickers" like they did on the 2021 SR Ls that had them on. I am going to try to find out more about this next week as I won't order one until I know that they really are equipped with eLSD. Not sure if dealers have access to the "Build Sheets" until after the unit ships to them. Al
I have seen many window stickers on Jeep.com locator that list eLSD that were built in mid December on. Use my zip code 47591 with a search range of 250 miles. Search for GCL Summit Reserve and if you click on the VIN of the vehicle you will see eLSD listed on both V6 and V8 models built after mid December. Two row GC it’s not listed on window sticker but it is on the GCL.

·
Registered
257 Posts
I have seen many window stickers on Jeep.com locator that list eLSD that were built in mid December on. Use my zip code 47591 with a search range of 250 miles. Search for GCL Summit Reserve and if you click on the VIN of the vehicle you will see eLSD listed on both V6 and V8 models built after mid December. Two row GC it’s not listed on window sticker but it is on the GCL.
I kind of did that for the Chicago area zip code. What I found is about 1/2 of the 2021 SR Ls listed the eLSD on window sticker. I did not find any listed on 2022 SRs, either two or 3 row. Now I don't know what the build dates were on those I looked at. I know that y local dealer has a 2-row SR on order for a friend of mine. Actually this person owned the dealership until about 4 years ago. I should be able to see both the window sticker and build sheet when his SR comes in. Then I will know for sure if the 2022 two row GCs really have eLSD even though it is not listed on window sticker. If they do have it, then I probably will order one.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Anybody have any updated information on the higher performance versions? Timing, engines, etc. I'll be in the market for a new Jeep in 2024, starting to plan. Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
10,642 Posts
Anybody have any updated information on the higher performance versions? Timing, engines, etc. I'll be in the market for a new Jeep in 2024, starting to plan. Thanks!
Nope. They are still struggling with information on current plans. I suspect that anything "performance" wouldn't happen until the time frame you mention and most likely, it's will be the Turbocharged Inline 6 and/or hybrid with that. I'll also guess that any plen for a performance version is very much still in flux.

Reactions: TSCSU

·
Registered
83 Posts
I agree. For one, they can't even get production quality control dialed in, and given their general signaling I wouldn't be surprised if it's a hybrid twin turbo 6 (like Toyota), as most companies are ditching the V8 across the board (like Toyota, Ford, etc) . Given my 5.7L only gets 13 mpg in combined driving, I wish I could get a hybrid twin turbo V6 right now. The twin turbo V6 has been in the rumor mill for many years, and given their poor QC on this model so far, I should probably just be happy with my dinosaur engine. Turbos are harder to make reliable, and the electronics on my car are totally FUBAR... so the thought of a good reliable twin turbo with hybrid tech integrated? I'll believe it when I see it.

V8's are going the way of V12's, though. There might be one last 'Hellcat hurrah' with a GC Trackhawk model, since they can't even seem to figure out the V6TT after all these years, much less a V6TT hybrid. They might even still be planning a Hellcat option, knowing they might not be able to make a V6TT hybrid with anywhere near that level of performance. Total speculation, of course.

·
Super Moderator
10,642 Posts
Turbos are harder to make reliable,
I think that's less true today as they have become more mainstream...lots of design and testing that wasn't the rule "back in the day'.

Reactions: Jeep Haven

·
Registered
83 Posts
I think that's less true today as they have become more mainstream...lots of design and testing that wasn't the rule "back in the day'.
Turbos are definitely more reliable on average than they used to be, by a long shot. But they're still 'harder' to make reliable, especially with a new engine design by a company that can't even make so many basic things reliable, my electrical lemon to wit (nothing Uconnect-oriented working properly after the first day, in addition to rattles, panel fits, etc, and not a single repair even attempted for two months because they can't get parts or support.)

So, that all said, I'd be very leery of any newly engineered motor they introduce.

·
Super Moderator
10,642 Posts
You'll find that in many cases, the actual turbocharging system is made by a few particular companies that specialize in that. So it's more of getting the combination melded well.

·
Registered
2012 WK2 LTD 5.7 ORA II
333 Posts
Turbos are definitely more reliable on average than they used to be, by a long shot. But they're still 'harder' to make reliable, especially with a new engine design by a company that can't even make so many basic things reliable, my electrical lemon to wit (nothing Uconnect-oriented working properly after the first day, in addition to rattles, panel fits, etc, and not a single repair even attempted for two months because they can't get parts or support.)

So, that all said, I'd be very leery of any newly engineered motor they introduce.
Same here….I’ll stay with the tried and true tested Hemi. I’d feel a lot more comfortable after 2-3 years to buy the new turbo 6.

·
Super Moderator
10,642 Posts
Same here….I’ll stay with the tried and true tested Hemi. I’d feel a lot more comfortable after 2-3 years to buy the new turbo 6.
That's probably what your wait will be with the JGC anyway. :D

·
Registered
4 Posts
Quick question, I'm seeing a lot of people bring up eLSD availability and long ordering times. I'm about to place an order for a WL Trailhawk and heard none of this from the dealership. They just asked if I'm ok waiting 8-12 weeks and that was it. I'm assuming no chance Trailhawks are build without eLSD or is that something I should actually bring up to them?

Also, I'm ordering it with:

• 10.1" UConnect
  • Luxury Tech Group III
  • Finishing Package

I never use a sunroof and generally see them as a potential rattle / maintenance item, but would I be stupid not to order it from a resale perspective? I know in some cars (like my 911) sunroof delete is a PLUS, but other cars like say a BMW 3-series it's a huge mistake to leave off the sunroof. Not sure if there is a consensus either way with GC's?

·
Super Moderator
10,642 Posts
It would be kinda strange that a Trailhawk would be missing that particular feature...easier to get away with with trims like Summit if supply is constrained, but not so much for the one trim that's focused as an off-road capable vehicle.

·
Registered
4 Posts
But I guess I’m also confused how they can advertise the vehicle with certain features, you order it, and then it can be delivered with a “surprise” major feature delete. To me that’s crazy and I wouldn’t accept the car at that point. I’m just wondering if I should bring it up when ordering that acceptance is dependent on having all specs as advertised.

·
Registered
153 Posts
But I guess I’m also confused how they can advertise the vehicle with certain features, you order it, and then it can be delivered with a “surprise” major feature delete. To me that’s crazy and I wouldn’t accept the car at that point. I’m just wondering if I should bring it up when ordering that acceptance is dependent on having all specs as advertised.
if it means that much to you, then yes, you should bring it up. the real question is "why wouldnt you?"
you need to know what you're buying so ask.

5681 - 5700 of 5706 Posts