Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

581 - 600 of 1158 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,958 Posts
How long will it take them to gut the plant and retool, probably at least 6 months, so my guess would be they will stop making the current WK2 in June and start up in Jan 2021 with the new WL.
Nope. Not necessary. It's not like "back in the day" when so much was done by hand. Changeover at this point is primarily a software exercise and they will likely already be running pre-production test vehicles simultaneously with current platform vehicles shortly before they stop making "WK2" and start making WL officially.

And more importantly, they'd run out of JGCs very quickly if there was a long shutdown because unlike most vehicles, pretty much every JGC coming off the line is sold to either an end customer or to a dealer. They are not force fed like other brands. Right now, something like about 1000 vehicles a day come off the line at JNAP with about 80% JGC and 20% Durango. That keeps up with demand. Shutting down early wouldn't fly very well. Don't forget that there's a second plant attached to the same property coming online, too, and while it seems that's primarily aimed at the three row, it could possibly play a role overall, too. Computers and robots are smart. :)

Reactions: Mad Gecko

·
Administrator
2018 Jeep Trackhawk
56,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #582
It only takes a couple weeks depending on a lot of things. A guy job is not needed as they aren't changing the dimensions much. The WL will run down the same basic line as the wk2

Reactions: Jim_in_PA

·
Administrator
2018 Jeep Trackhawk
56,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #583
Jnap as I said months ago will be Detroit 1 and the 2nd grand Cherokee plant for the 3 row with be Detroit 2.

·
Administrator
2018 Jeep Trackhawk
56,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #585
2019 was the best year of wk2 sales

·
Registered
71 Posts
Reactions: Mad Gecko

·
Administrator
2018 Jeep Trackhawk
56,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #588
If it's the 10.1 yes

Reactions: mjako1 and Yoodie

·
Registered
A Real Jeep
2,821 Posts
Time to hide my phone. ;)

Reactions: tomk

·
Premium Member
3,179 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,958 Posts
Reactions: Porknbeans

·
Registered
A Real Jeep
2,821 Posts
I hope you guys are ready for the BEST DAMN GRAND CHEROKEE THAT JNAP HAS EVER BUILT!

·
Premium Member
1,384 Posts
Marlon! good to hear from you!

Now get back to work! ?

Reactions: JTaylor

·
Registered
A Real Jeep
2,821 Posts
Reactions: Scottina06

·
Registered
A Real Jeep
2,821 Posts
But I need sleep to build this horizontal ZJ.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Spoke to salesmen at 3 different dealerships they all said the WL should be available in Sept/Oct. Are they just going by the normal time frame for next year releases and don’t really know anything?

Reactions: Jim_in_PA

·
Registered
A Real Jeep
2,821 Posts
Spoke to salesmen at 3 different dealerships they all said the WL should be available in Sept/Oct. Are they just going by the normal time frame for next year releases and don’t really know anything?
That's hilarious. There is absolutely no way when we will still be building the WK in September/October.

·
Super Moderator
8,958 Posts
I hope you laughed loudly... :) :D

Reactions: Marlon_JB2

·
Registered
39 Posts
  1. That's hilarious. There is absolutely no way when we will still be building the WK in September/October.
  1. Soooo you’re telling me there’s a chance!

581 - 600 of 1158 Posts