Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

781 - 800 of 815 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
397 Posts
looks like a wk2 to me
Agree, I mean totally like a WK2...
Could they really be that careful/cautious with the new design? Treat Grand Cherokee like a Porsche 911...
Not messing with what worked so well for a long time, even use same (similar) head and taillights?
Esentially leave the exteriour and only replace the Germanic Benz M-Class platform (which I happen to love) with the Italian Giorgio platform?

I am so curious!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Could they really be that careful/cautious with the new design? Treat Grand Cherokee like a Porsche 911...
Not messing with what worked so well for a long time, even use same (similar) head and taillights?
2019 was the best sales year ever for the WK2, so I'm sure they're nervous to rock the boat!

·
Registered
397 Posts
2019 was the best sales year ever for the WK2, so I'm sure they're nervous to rock the boat!
Agree. We have a 2014, was far from perfect, I think the engine malfunction lamp came on the first day of owning the WK2 :)
... but then there were all the warranty repairs that fixed most, parts are inexpensive so I hate to admit it, yes, I would consider getting the WL..simply due to the lack of real competition (at least to me)...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Agree. We have a 2014, was far from perfect, I think the engine malfunction lamp came on the first day of owning the WK2 :)
... but then there were all the warranty repairs that fixed most, parts are inexpensive so I hate to admit it, yes, I would consider getting the WL..simply due to the lack of real competition (at least to me)...
I'm holding out for the WL because I want the new interior, but I don't think I'm patient enough to wait past the first MY of the redesign, so I hope they change as little as possible about the moving bits, to keep the reliability/defect odds as good as possible!

·
Registered
397 Posts
I'm holding out for the WL because I want the new interior, but I don't think I'm patient enough to wait past the first MY of the redesign, so I hope they change as little as possible about the moving bits, to keep the reliability/defect odds as good as possible!
A new transmission would help? Thats probably the worst on my 2014...
Then a more low end torque V6, that eTorque thing would be essential I think...

·
Registered
397 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,164 Posts
I hope the WL is a solid upgrade over the WK2. Look forward to seeing it. Hope it mores the GC forward and not nearly identical looking. I'm sure FCA doesn't want to mess it up as it sells great. They already have one huge dud --- the Gladiator - the Tesla Cybertruck will probably outsell the Gladiator unfortunately.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Prob the biggest vote against this is waiting on it. I was ready to order earlier this year... as much as its been postponed, not willing to wait indefinitely....

Reactions: tallguy

·
Super Moderator
8,703 Posts
Hope it mores the GC forward and not nearly identical looking.
It's nearly identical looking...some refinements and minor changes, but the insiders say that it will continue the same general look that the current generation has held since MY11 debuted in 2010.

·
Registered
397 Posts
It's nearly identical looking...some refinements and minor changes, but the insiders say that it will continue the same general look that the current generation has held since MY11 debuted in 2010.
I think nothing wrong with that. Why change what doesn't need fixing but when talking a complete new platform we for sure would be talking different dimensions so really everything changes even if the "same general look" continues...
Drove the Mercedes GLE/M-Class and you could immediately tell from all interior dimensions, seat and safety belts points that we are looking at the same platform...that feeling will change for sure I think but I could be 100% wrong as well :)

·
Administrator
2018 Jeep Trackhawk
56,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #792
Ots different enough that enthusiasts will be able to tell. Some body lines have changed.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I apologize if this has been discussed in other threads, but does anyone know the status of Milous? His contributions to this forum have been invaluable, and I haven't seen any posts from him in a long time. Thanks!

·
Registered
25 Posts
I like it alot!

Still looks like a Jeep, but updated....almost more tough and "trucky" looking.

They didn't need a major change in my opinion.

Edit----
You can add another to the "like" list, my wife thinks it looks classy.

·
Registered
397 Posts
I absolutely don't like it. To me at least it shows that car design is more than photoshop... :)
Obviously thats a WK2 with hatch release removed, LOL

·
Super Moderator
8,703 Posts
I believe the body sides on that rendering are not what Scott's previous thoughts showed.

·
Registered
397 Posts
I actually like that rendering the best so far.
To me: Best so far but still tremendously underwhelming :)
It just doesn't speak to me, I don't see the evolution from the current WK2 but its all personal of course.

·
Registered
5 Posts
781 - 800 of 815 Posts