Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

901 - 920 of 1019 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,168 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,807 Posts
Grr, I have much to learn. New to this community, no history with the JGC (Wrangler owner) but anxiously awaiting the 3-row.
The three row is likely to be a big seller and not necessarily because of the extra seating. There are many of us that choose a three row because of the extra cargo space. That's exactly why there's a three row in our driveway along with other smaller vehicles when there's almost never more than four passengers and mostly only two or three people. This really kicks things up for Jeep because the whole mid-size three row SUV marketplace is VERY hot and competitive. It combines both the SUV folks and a substantial migration from minivans into one larger buying group. JGC in this format adds the well known Jeep capabilities to the mix.

Reactions: Yoodie and 1HasBeen

·
Premium Member
398 Posts
The three row is likely to be a big seller and not necessarily because of the extra seating. There are many of us that choose a three row because of the extra cargo space. That's exactly why there's a three row in our driveway along with other smaller vehicles when there's almost never more than four passengers and mostly only two or three people. This really kicks things up for Jeep because the whole mid-size three row SUV marketplace is VERY hot and competitive. It combines both the SUV folks and a substantial migration from minivans into one larger buying group. JGC in this format adds the well known Jeep capabilities to the mix.
Yup that is why I am here. The Wrangler suits us well for a bunch of situations but we do a fair amount of road trips and are currently empty nesters. Having room for the dogs and cargo while still having those seats, when needed, would be nice. Currently have an older 4Runner filling this role and it is just a touch small for our expeditions; particularly when the kids are visiting. I like the WK2 a lot but it would have been only slightly different from the 4Runner. Durango is nice (like what they did on the refresh too) but I find the rear lines a bit too minivan-ish for me. Can’t wait to see the WL75; I think it will be the Goldilocks for my needs.

·
Super Moderator
8,807 Posts
Durango and "WK2" JGC are current the same vehicle, in general, with 5" additional wheelbase on the Durango. They come down the same assembly line intermixed at the facility previously referred to as Jefferson North. Durango is likely going a different direction for next gen not associated with WL. I was unable to wait for WL to get a three row, but will consider it next round, if there is a next round. But I believe you'll like the JGC 3-row when it becomes available for sure!

·
The Negotiator
2017 WK2 3.6L
5,293 Posts
I can't wait for the Wagoneer to show up finally. Otherwise will be looking elsewhere for a bigger SUV

Reactions: Porknbeans

·
Super Moderator
8,807 Posts
Reactions: 1HasBeen

·
Registered
A Real Jeep
2,809 Posts
Renegade. :unsure:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Will the WL have a longer wheelbase version for the 3 row or the same wheelbase with 2 or 3 rows?

·
Super Moderator
8,807 Posts
My understanding is that the three row is a longer wheelbase. Hopefully, we will know more details in the near future, but information isn't coming easy to our insiders.

Reactions: tallguy

·
Registered
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
444 Posts
My understanding is that the three row is a longer wheelbase. Hopefully, we will know more details in the near future, but information isn't coming easy to our insiders.
Similar to Grand Cherokee and Durango?

·
Super Moderator
8,807 Posts
Similar to Grand Cherokee and Durango?
Necessarily so, I would think. Durango is "stretched" 5" by the specs over the JGC. The only way to do a three row with the third row actually usable is with a longer vehicle. And that's what benefits those of us who want the space, despite never needing the extra seating. :)

Reactions: tallguy

·
Registered
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
444 Posts
Necessarily so, I would think. Durango is "stretched" 5" by the specs over the JGC. The only way to do a three row with the third row actually usable is with a longer vehicle. And that's what benefits those of us who want the space, despite never needing the extra seating. :)
VW did a similar thing with the Tiguan I believe. In German they have 2 length options for 2 and 3 row, in North America only the stretched longer version available...

·
Quadra-Drive II
2020 Trailhawk
796 Posts
Durango and "WK2" JGC are current the same vehicle, in general, with 5" additional wheelbase on the Durango. They come down the same assembly line intermixed at the facility previously referred to as Jefferson North. Durango is likely going a different direction for next gen not associated with WL. I was unable to wait for WL to get a three row, but will consider it next round, if there is a next round. But I believe you'll like the JGC 3-row when it becomes available for sure!
Do you know what the tow ratings of these larger 3 row SUV's will be? Or at least an idea?

·
Super Moderator
8,807 Posts
Do you know what the tow ratings of these larger 3 row SUV's will be? Or at least an idea?
No details have been released about anything to-date...but I would hope they would be similar to current.

Reactions: WK2OverlandII

·
Registered
38 Posts
What I think Marlon was getting at knocking over the "P" to make it into a "g" as in GME. I'd love to hear more on that--specs? release date? I'm keeping my WK2 '14 (166K mi) going until I can see about getting that GME...

·
Registered
198 Posts
What I think Marlon was getting at knocking over the "P" to make it into a "g" as in GME. I'd love to hear more on that--specs? release date? I'm keeping my WK2 '14 (166K mi) going until I can see about getting that GME...
My thoughts are with the 'P' and the Renegade comment is referring to the front end being more flat for the WL. Which has been mentioned from another insider too.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Have you guys seen the pana sunroof in the new Venza, it has a push button "frost" feature. I assume it won't make it to the WL unfortunately(?), but it is awesome.

3:50 mark of this review by Doug Demuro.

Venza Frosted Sunroof

901 - 920 of 1019 Posts