Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

941 - 960 of 1019 Posts

·
Registered
702 Posts
Pano is the one option I don't really care to have and I hate how they throw it in to packages with things I want. I like to carry things on my roof rack and get worried if something slips one day, I'm now buying a new piece of glass for the roof. Add on top of that the complaints that come with these pano roofs. Creeking. Things to fix. Possible leaks. I know some people love those things but for me it really is an option I'd rather not have or pay for.
Agreed. High Altitude is by far the top contender for my next Jeep, but I am hesitant due to the Pano Roof.

·
Registered
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
444 Posts
Pano is the one option I don't really care to have and I hate how they throw it in to packages with things I want. I like to carry things on my roof rack and get worried if something slips one day, I'm now buying a new piece of glass for the roof. Add on top of that the complaints that come with these pano roofs. Creeking. Things to fix. Possible leaks. I know some people love those things but for me it really is an option I'd rather not have or pay for.
Shows how we all have different needs, for my part love the panorama roof, the larger the better, especially for the rear seats it brings in tons of light....

·
Registered
444 Posts
Today my 2014 WK2 Limited transmission failed. 103,000 miles (165,000Km)... slipped into neutral...then 6 gear limp mode, was able to continue driving after a couple restarts,
dealer says oil full of metal shavings, needs a new transmission...maybe need to rethink getting another Jeep?

·
Registered
2012 WK2 LTD ORA II
264 Posts
Agreed. High Altitude is by far the top contender for my next Jeep, but I am hesitant due to the Pano Roof.
I ordered my 2012 limited with just a sunroof because I wanted no part of a Plano roof. Wonder if you can still order one without it?

·
Registered
702 Posts
Based on my research it can be deleted, but only on certain trim levels.

·
Super Moderator
8,807 Posts
dealer says oil full of metal shavings, needs a new transmission...maybe need to rethink getting another Jeep?
It's not a common issue with JGC...and can happen to any make or model.

·
Registered
A Real Jeep
2,809 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,807 Posts
Reactions: WK2OverlandII

·
Registered
45 Posts
I know this is slightly off topic, but I was talking to my Dad about that sunroof mentioned above how the glass dimmed and he was saying how airplanes have had that for years....shows what I know...lol

At any rate he found this and sent it to me...maybe the one above works the same way.

How The Magical Windows in Boeing's 787 Dreamliner Work

Quick summary.
"The dimming effect is the result of an electrified gel sandwiched between two thin pieces of glass. As the electric current increases, the gel darkens and as it drops, the gel lightens. The system is brilliant in its simplicity."

·
Registered
38 Posts
Scott, on the front page you have the GME listed for 2022. Is it the rumored 3.0-liter Tornado Global Medium Engine Turbocharged 6 (GME T-6)? And is that available in calendar year 2022 or MY 2022 (later next year)? Thanks!

·
Premium Member
1,372 Posts
Size and ground clearance aside, the three-row SUV based on the next-generation Grand Cherokee features packaging changes such as mounting the spare tire outside of the vehicle, between the rerouted exhaust.
That's not a packaging change, that exactly what the 3-row on the current platform has.

I hate stupid journalists.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Welp, Q3 '21 for the WL pretty much guarantees another WK2 in my future lol.

·
Rock N' Roll's Sophisticate/JG Co-Founder
Charger Hellcat
10,692 Posts
How ya been man???

Time flies when you're blowing all your money on Jeeps! 😂
Been great man!

Been out of the Grand Cherokee game for about 4 yrs now. Had a 2016 B5 Hellcat Charger I just sold and placed an order for a 2020 Widebody Hellcat Charger that is in KZ status now.

Have a 2016 Renegade as my beater that I bought as a leftover in 2017 but I am probably going to replace it with another when the Hellcat comes in.

Sup Marlon! Please give a call to the Brampton plant so they get my Charger on a truck! haha

How have you been?!

Reactions: Redsand

·
Administrator
2018 Jeep Trackhawk
56,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #958
Scott, on the front page you have the GME listed for 2022. Is it the rumored 3.0-liter Tornado Global Medium Engine Turbocharged 6 (GME T-6)? And is that available in calendar year 2022 or MY 2022 (later next year)? Thanks!
Its gonna be later probably.....2023

·
Registered
444 Posts
Me also considering Honda Pilot, I like that black edition, drove one lately and I kind of liked it, 7 seater, smooth transmission, but waiting for the WL...I have time

941 - 960 of 1019 Posts