Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, I have a 2011 WK2 Laredo. Purchased a set of stock 20s off an overland and getting them powder coated, Jeep has no mods to the suspension. Will 295/45/20 work without causing issues? Wanting to have wider tires than stock but don’t want to cause issues with hitting the suspension. TIA!

·
Registered
2015 GC Overland
61 Posts
What Overland's come with 295 as stock?

I think I read somewhere a post about somebody putting SRT tires on his OV or Summit. He had to pin back the fender to accomodate it.

I'm curious to see what replies you get.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They don’t come stock with 295s, they come stock with 265s. I like the added width of the 295s and have searched to see if anyone has put them on the stock overland wheels but no luck. Most have switched to the SRT8s or replicas.

·
Registered
75th Anniversary
955 Posts
Normal trim with the 20in is 265/50/20. 295/45/20 will come out the same height as the 265. It's just wider

·
formerly 14summithemi
3,852 Posts
just wanted to give you a look at the actual data of the change...assumes std '11 17x8/56.4mm offset Laredo rim with std 245/70/17 tire (Rim 1) and std '11 20x8/56.4mm offset Overland rim with your 295/45/20 tire (Rim 2)....

looks balloony to me and suspension clearance issues and/or rubbing in tight/loaded turns to me...also, you likely won't get a regular branded tire outfit to mount these as this tire profile to rim width ratio is outside the legal beagle guidelines most of them adhere to...they might but you may have to shop around to find one agreeable...

you can play around with the numbers using peterchang's suggestion or others....

https://www.wheel-size.com/calc/?wh...l=1.96875in&scl=1.96875in&wcl=1.1875in&sr=0in

·
Premium Member
SRT8
2,623 Posts
just wanted to give a look at the actual data of the change...assumes std '11 17x8/56.4mm offset Laredo rim with std 245/70/17 tire (Rim 1) and std '11 20x8/56.4mm offset Overland rim with your 295/45/20 tire (Rim 2)....

looks balloony to me and suspension clearance and/or running in tight/loaded turns to me...also, you likely won't get a regular branded tire outfit to mount these as this tire profile to rim width ratio is outside the legal beagle guidelines most of them adhere to...they might but you may have to shop around to find one agreeable...

you can play around with the numbers using peterchang's suggestion or others....

https://www.wheel-size.com/calc/?wh...l=1.96875in&scl=1.96875in&wcl=1.1875in&sr=0in
x2

I was going to suggest he go with some Factory repo SRT rims. because the factory 8" rim is to narrow for a 295.

·
Registered
2 Posts
What Overland's come with 295 as stock?

I think I read somewhere a post about somebody putting SRT tires on his OV or Summit. He had to pin back the fender to accomodate it.

I'm curious to see what replies you get.

Thought about putting these 20son myself. Many for sale on Craigslist in LA

·
Super Moderator
9,938 Posts
Don't forget to consider wheel width and make sure that the tires are rated for the width of the OEM wheels if you intend to re-use them. Mex' is spot on to consider the wider SRT wheels, either OEM or reps for wider shoes so that they have proper support at the sidewalls.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts