Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So this is my 2nd time taking the GC out - i've had it for about 8 days and this is my 2nd go around - I really want the chief front lower guard - but not sure if they have any in stock (doesn't look like they do :( ) is it ok to drive around with the lower guard removed ? Also noticed that the engine temp was a tick above what it usually was when i was on the trail - is this normal ? I don't have the towing package - which i believe also includes HD cooling - can i retrofit that ? This was at: https://www.alltrails.com/trail/us/virginia/peters-mill-run (and surrounding area). Drive there:

Sky Plant Car Motor vehicle Automotive design
Mirror Automotive side-view mirror Plant Car Sky
Sky Plant Car Motor vehicle Ecoregion

Got the lower guard off:
Plant Tire Wheel Car Vehicle

^ didn't realize how much ground clearance we actually have 100% stock until i took that off.

On the Trail (was harder to take pictures on other parts of the trail):

Car Plant Vehicle Speedometer Motor vehicle
Plant Plant community Ecoregion Car Tree

Plant Tree Natural landscape Wood Road surface

Wheel Tire Land vehicle Automotive side marker light Vehicle
Tire Wheel Car Automotive side marker light Vehicle
Plant Plant community Light Leaf Nature
Mirror Automotive side-view mirror Plant Car Sky
Sky Plant Car Motor vehicle Ecoregion

·
Premium Member
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
All in all - i completely disagree with anyone that says that the WK2 is not a real Jeep - these things are incredibly capable out of the box. and surprisingly has more ground clearance than the stock ZJ I owned years ago did.

·
Registered
119 Posts
So this is my 2nd time taking the GC out - i've had it for about 8 days and this is my 2nd go around - I really want the chief front lower guard - but not sure if they have any in stock (doesn't look like they do :( ) is it ok to drive around with the lower guard removed ? Also noticed that the engine temp was a tick above what it usually was when i was on the trail - is this normal ? I don't have the towing package - which i believe also includes HD cooling - can i retrofit that ? This was at: https://www.alltrails.com/trail/us/virginia/peters-mill-run (and surrounding area). Drive there:

View attachment 236902 View attachment 236902 View attachment 236903 View attachment 236904

Got the lower guard off: View attachment 236905

^ didn't realize how much ground clearance we actually have 100% stock until i took that off.

On the Trail (was harder to take pictures on other parts of the trail):

View attachment 236906 View attachment 236907
View attachment 236908
View attachment 236909 View attachment 236910 View attachment 236911 View attachment 236902 View attachment 236903 View attachment 236904 View attachment 236905 View attachment 236906 View attachment 236907 View attachment 236908 View attachment 236909 View attachment 236910 View attachment 236911 View attachment 236905 View attachment 236906 View attachment 236907 View attachment 236908 View attachment 236909 View attachment 236910 View attachment 236911
How did the OEM tires hold up? You thinking of switching them out?

·
Registered
115 Posts
I wouldn't worry so much about the temps. If you're cruising along in slow motion there's no airflow, so you might see the temps raise just a hair. I wouldn't be concerned unless it really started climbing, in which case you can put the heater on at full blast to see if you can force some of that hot air out of the engine bay and cool off the motor.

·
Registered
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland EcoDiesel
8 Posts
Do you happen to have a better close up of the front end with that lower fascia removed?
Looks like fun btw, nice pics.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts