Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Grand Cherokee
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. Looking to upgrade the center dash speaker. Anyone have an extra from a pair they bought? If not...anyone interested in going in halfsies? PM me or respond here with any details. Thanks! (I'm considering the semi-spendy option of doing a JL 3.5 Evolution in the center, hoping I could get a pair for $75 or so. So $45 shipped WITH a wiring adapter....)

·
Registered
JGC Overland 4X4
35 Posts
I have one Infinity Reference Series REF3022CFX left. I can also do $25 + shipping if someone else is interested in one. I bought it because it has a high sensitivity (91 db) and good sound quality. Sounded a bit bright at first but after a couple weeks it has mellowed out nicely.

I do not have the correct adapters for it, I bought the wrong ones and ended up just using gold plated crimp-on lugs from AutoZone. They work fine.

·
Premium Member
2018 GC Altitude
13 Posts
Hey guys. Looking to upgrade the center dash speaker. Anyone have an extra from a pair they bought? If not...anyone interested in going in halfsies? PM me or respond here with any details. Thanks! (I'm considering the semi-spendy option of doing a JL 3.5 Evolution in the center, hoping I could get a pair for $75 or so. So $45 shipped WITH a wiring adapter....)
Hey,

Did you find someone to go in on this with you (or someone that had 1 available)? I was looking to get a pair of JL C2-350x. I was going to buy them locally (so that I don't have to wait for shipping) and they're $99.99 (+tax) in Denver. I'd be happy to split the cost with you (and throw in a metra 72-7514 harness since I already ordered from Amazon). Let me know if you're interested...I will likely purchase them anyways, so I guess i'll have an extra to sell regardless.

Thanks,
Autumn

·
Registered
WK2 Overland
82 Posts
Hey,

Did you find someone to go in on this with you (or someone that had 1 available)? I was looking to get a pair of JL C2-350x. I was going to buy them locally (so that I don't have to wait for shipping) and they're $99.99 (+tax) in Denver. I'd be happy to split the cost with you (and throw in a metra 72-7514 harness since I already ordered from Amazon). Let me know if you're interested...I will likely purchase them anyways, so I guess i'll have an extra to sell regardless.

Thanks,
Autumn
If no one else, I am interested.

·
Premium Member
238 Posts
what's wrong with the center speaker?
Just curious.

·
Registered
2018 Grand Cherokee
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
what's wrong with the center speaker?
Just curious.
Same thing that's wrong with all the rest of them. Crappy quality. Lol. It's a fairly prevalent speaker in the sound stage so I recommend either replacing or disconnecting if u don't use Bluetooth phone calls and whatnot.

·
Registered
JGC Overland 4X4
35 Posts
Same thing that's wrong with all the rest of them. Crappy quality. Lol. It's a fairly prevalent speaker in the sound stage so I recommend either replacing or disconnecting if u don't use Bluetooth phone calls and whatnot.
Exactly. Changing this one speaker does wonders for the overall sound quality, because it's literally front and center so you hear it more than you realize.

·
Registered
WK2 Overland
82 Posts
I had a tech tell me the 3.5 dash speaker was only used during bluetooth calls, is that correct?

·
Registered
WK2 Overland
82 Posts
And I'm assuming the rear D pillar speakers are used in stereo mode as well? The shop I went to at least wasn't trying to rob me it appears lol. They talked me out of upgrading the rear pillars, but I'm thinking I still want to upgrade those as well

·
Registered
2018 Grand Cherokee
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
And I'm assuming the rear D pillar speakers are used in stereo mode as well? The shop I went to at least wasn't trying to rob me it appears lol. They talked me out of upgrading the rear pillars, but I'm thinking I still want to upgrade those as well
You can hear the music playing thru every speaker. Why would you rely on a "tech" to tell you if sound is coming from a speaker when you can just stick ur head in the back door and hear yourself? Lol.

Every speaker in the GC plays music audio. Only the center dash speaker does Bluetooth call audio. The rear pillar speakers are very weak and in a terrible location, sound stage wise. Upgrading them may not be worth it, so if you do, I wouldn't go super high-end.

·
Registered
WK2 Overland
82 Posts
If I'm upgrading the amp in the near future, would that help those as well? The rear speakers I mean.

·
Registered
2018 Grand Cherokee
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
If I'm upgrading the amp in the near future, would that help those as well? The rear speakers I mean.
The stock speakers will not and should not be amped further. They are extremely weak, wattage wise. If you're upgrading speakers, then yes, skiing then will be a night and day difference of done right. I wouldn't water my time with the back pillar speakers though...do components up front and coaxials for rear doors. Amp them adequately and you'll be happy. Oh... And sub too if that's your thing.

·
Registered
WK2 Overland
82 Posts
I've already upgraded all the speakers except for the rears and center, which is what I'm upgrading next. Then amp then the sub.

·
Registered
WK2 Overland
82 Posts
Not a whole lot, I did notice more of a difference after swapping out the headunit. From a RER to a Kenwood DDX9004S system.

·
Registered
WK2 Overland
82 Posts
Alpine Type Rs

1 - 20 of 30 Posts